JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Woolly Mammoth Hybrids Could Be Roaming Earth in Just Five Years

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 475 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Over four billion species are estimated to have walked this planet over the last 3.5 billion years. Ninety-nine percent of them are now gone. But today's researchers are hoping to reintroduce these lost species—or at least something very similar to them—within the next five years

One biotechnology company, called Colossal Biosciences, is aiming to do just that with the long-extinct giant of the last ice age: the woolly mammoth. Launched by tech entrepreneur Ben Lamm and renowned geneticist George Church, Colossal Biosciences hopes to use gene editing technology to create a cold-resistant elephant that closely resembles its ancient ancestor in form and function.

https://www.newsweek.com/woolly-mammoth-hybrid-walking-earth-again-2027-extinct-1769918

What could possibly go wrong? 

jurassic park sam neil GIF

• 3 weeks later...

Dear Brother Shawn. I'm confused over your comment: "Over four billion species are estimated to have walked this planet over the last 3.5 billion years. The WT of 02/01/1973 has this to say: " Since each of the creative "days" or periods was evidently seven thousand years long, the whole creative "week takes 49,000 years. Is the info from the WT outdated or am I totally misreading your comment? Thanks for your response. Your Brother in Jehovah

3 hours ago, JVincent said:

Dear Brother Shawn. I'm confused over your comment: "Over four billion species are estimated to have walked this planet over the last 3.5 billion years. The WT of 02/01/1973 has this to say: " Since each of the creative "days" or periods was evidently seven thousand years long, the whole creative "week takes 49,000 years. Is the info from the WT outdated or am I totally misreading your comment? Thanks for your response. Your Brother in Jehovah

You'll note we have nice newer publications since that 1973 Watchtower that discuss the creative days? Take a look at this one as an example:

You'll note, we no longer state that there is a specific length for each creative day. In fact, one of our videos had a chart showing each could be of different actual lengths. We even have an interesting discussion of that here

Here is the quote from the above brochure

How long, then, were the creative days? The Bible does not say; however, the wording of Genesis chapters 1 and 2 indicates that considerable lengths of time were involved.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102010234#h=8

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

6 hours ago, JVincent said:

Dear Brother Shawn. I'm confused over your comment: 

It's the first paragraph from the article I shared.  Not my statement. 

But, yes, we no longer believe each creative day was 7000 years long.  We no longer believe one day completely ended before the next day began.  The Bible is open to the possibility that each creative day was not of the same length, could have been millions years long, and the days may have overlapped. 

*** w15 6/1 p. 5 How Science Affects Your Life ***

Genesis chapter 1 uses the term “day” to set out the stages in the preparation of the earth for life in all its diverse forms. The culminating event in this simple description was the appearance of humans. The Bible fixes no duration for the six creative “days.” Instead, it opens the door for modern scientists to study them and assign accurate time spans to them. We know that the creative “days” were much longer than 24-hour days.

https://www.jw.org/finder?wtlocale=E&docid=2015402&srctype=wol&srcid=share&par=25