JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Earthquakes In One Place After Another...

2 hours ago, Allabord4Jah said:

I saw this on Daily Mail news, but did not add it in here.  It's like they are not like NPR  news, ya know?   But it said there was an earthquake in Rome, Italy (May 11, 2020) this morning.  Can you experts please check it out if its true? 

Like Linda/Loopy said, I received no notification of an earthquake striking Rome today.

Going to watch Dutchsinse and see if he has anything to say about one hitting there:

According to Dutch, a BIG quake is possible...soon. :( 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Loop, checked and her findings say there was a report of a earthquake in Rome, Italy.  It wasn't very big like a 5 or 7.  But perhaps the site you use, the man is saying there might be stronger ones in coming days.  These sites are so cool!  Thank you dear sister's and if there is a brother in here that reports these findings. 

Yes, Rome was hit yesterday 3.3. Not normally a seismic area, unlike nearby Abruzzi in central Italy.

https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/earthquakes/italy.html

https://www.thelocal.it/20200511/dawn-earthquake-rocks-rome

2 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

According to Dutch, a BIG quake is possible...soon. :( 

Where did he say it will be? He was right about Rome (not usually gets hit with earthquakes), but thankfully the magnitude was low.

59 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

Yes, Rome was hit yesterday 3.3. Not normally a seismic area, unlike nearby Abruzzi in central Italy.

https://www.volcanodiscovery.com/earthquakes/italy.html

https://www.thelocal.it/20200511/dawn-earthquake-rocks-rome

Where did he say it will be? He was right about Rome (not usually gets hit with earthquakes), but thankfully the magnitude was low.

If he said where, I didn't catch it.  Maybe somewhere between the two deep sixes?

Really, there has been so much major movement lately, it could occur on ANY continent.

I'm hoping it's out in the ocean, away from people and deep enough that it won't cause a tsunami.

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

https://www.abc10.com/mobile

6.5 earthquake in Tonopah, Nevada felt across Northern California | Update

More than 20 aftershocks, one as large as a 5.1 magnitude, have been recorded in the area since the first quake struck.

Author: Josh Lyle, Matthew Nuttle

Published: 4:36 AM PDT May 15, 2020

Updated: 5:54 AM PDT May 15, 2020

TONOPAH, Nev. — A 6.5 earthquake that struck near Tonopah, Nevada was felt across much of Northern California early Friday morning. 

The quake, originally reported as a 6.2 magnitude, hit around 4:03 a.m., jolting people out of bed hundreds of miles away. The United States Geological Survey (USGS) has since upgraded the magnitude twice, first to a 6.4 and then to a 6.5.

4 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

That one in Nevada was only 1.2 one app says, another app says 1.7 miles in depth?

Either way wow!

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

That one in Nevada was only 1.2 one app says, another app says 1.7 miles in depth?

Either way wow!

Yeah.  A large quake that shallow can cause some serious damage.

Good thing its epicenter was in such a remote area.

Just saying on CNN now that the quake in Nevada was nearly  5 miles deep  and at least 4 aftershocks 

Hard to imagine 5 miles deep 

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

Magnitude-6.5 earthquake is largest in Nevada in past 66 years (2 hours ago)

The revised ranking makes the quake the first large one since 1954, said Graham Kent, director of the Nevada Seismological Laboratory.

"This was a magnitude 6.5, and it was certainly felt in the Reno-Tahoe area, and also throughout the San Joaquin and Sacramento valleys in California," Kent said.

a sign on a dirt road: A still image from a video by the Nye County Sheriff's office of road damage on US Route 95 in Esmeralda County after a 6.5 earthquake that rattled the area in Nevada, on Friday, May 15.

Edited by M'Awan

trimmed

Daydream -

Scientists have discovered that daydreaming is an important tool for creativity. It causes a rush of activity in a circuit, which connects different parts of the brain and allows the mind to make new associations.

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/learn/glossary/?term=crust

crust

The crust is the outermost major layer of the earth, ranging from about 10 to 65 km  (6  to 40 miles) in thickness worldwide. The uppermost 15-35 km (9 to 21 km) of crust is brittle enough to produce earthquakes.

Daydream -

Scientists have discovered that daydreaming is an important tool for creativity. It causes a rush of activity in a circuit, which connects different parts of the brain and allows the mind to make new associations.

image_map.gif

I'm finally learning about the geography of US. Only now realised that Las Vegas is so near to Los Angeles. No wonder so many celebrities go to Nevada for quickie divorces. Just a hop, skip and jump away. Or a short flight to Las Vegas, most definitely.

Edited by M'Awan

Daydream -