JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcast - September 2023

6 hours ago, futurepromise said:

Did you notice the picture of Jesus on the stake? It was changed from I remember.

The nail seems to be through the wrists, or the base of the palm.  Not sure if that's a change.

It's new camera angle, coming from the back and over the top.

I absolutely loved the new video on Abraham, can’t wait for part 2 next month. (Can you tell I’m a big fan of the video dramas!) 
Our brothers work so hard to help us ‘get into’ the lives of Bible characters. To feel what they felt, to hear and see what they did, and to help us feel the struggles they had. In a word it helps is to view these ones as normal people like us. 
what great faith they had to have to be able to leave all that comfortable life behind to live in tents….

In the music video “He Knows Us” for this month, I manage to find out at least 18 videos where the music video is taken from. So heartwarming to watch these experiences again under the theme of this original song in mind. I have created the playlist of these 18 videos.

But there is one scene I don’t know where the video is taken from. Maybe someone can help to identify what experience is that. 

IMG_4223.jpg

Original_Song__He_Knows_Us.jwlplaylist

10 hours ago, Terk said:

In the music video “He Knows Us” for this month, I manage to find out at least 18 videos where the music video is taken from. So heartwarming to watch these experiences again under the theme of this original song in mind. I have created the playlist of these 18 videos.

But there is one scene I don’t know where the video is taken from. Maybe someone can help to identify what experience is that. 

IMG_4223.jpg

Original_Song__He_Knows_Us.jwlplaylist 483.44 kB · 10 downloads

I can't and I don't know how to open this type of file. 😭

18 minutes ago, Araujo JW said:

I can't and I don't know how to open this type of file. 😭

You can download first into download folder. Then from JW Library app, under Personal Study and Playlist, select “Import Playlist” on the “+” icon. Should be able to import this playlist from you folder. 

5 minutes ago, Terk said:

You can download first into download folder. Then from JW Library app, under Personal Study and Playlist, select “Import Playlist” on the “+” icon. Should be able to import this playlist from you folder. 

Ahhhh! Thanks a lot for the clarification... I hadn't realized it was supposed to open in the JW Library. 🙈

On 9/5/2023 at 8:18 PM, Terk said:

IMG_4223.jpg

I have been searching for this and can't find it.

I loved the Abraham drama. I hope in next month's installment, there will be a reenactment of the events surrounding Genesis Chapter 18-21, including the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah and the attempted sacrifice of Isaac.

Perhaps there will also be a series on the life of Abel. This will be useful for all who have had to serve Jehovah surrounded by unbelieving relatives or relatives who turned apostate. 

Edited by truce

Modification

9 minutes ago, Terk said:

I found it! It’s from 2022 RC.

Do Not Be Misled by Imitation Peace!—Chibisa Selemani

https://www.jw.org/finder?srcid=jwlshare&wtlocale=E&lank=pub-jwbcov22_8_VIDEO

Well done. 🙂

I have just finished watching the broadcast. The new song made me a tad misty eyed thinking how Jehovah knows me so well and yet still exercises loyal love and patience towards me.

LOVED the new Abraham video - it was like having a miniature feature drama. Excited for part 2.

How very blessed we are as a people and individually.

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

3 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

Well done. 🙂

I have just finished watching the broadcast. The new song made me a tad misty eyed thinking how Jehovah knows me so well and yet still exercises loyal love and patience towards me.

LOVED the new Abraham video - it was like having a miniature feature drama. Excited for part 2.

How very blessed we are as a people and individually.

Yeah, I thought I was watching another convention drama. I couldn't help wondering that in a matter of years, we would have bible dramas covering all the notable bible characters from Abel to Jesus. See, we already have the Good News According to Jesus movie coming soon. Watching the Abraham drama, I felt it was like having My Book of Bible Stories in video format, or a digital version of Imitate Their Faith. We truly are well-fed!

45 minutes ago, truce said:

Yeah, I thought I was watching another convention drama. I couldn't help wondering that in a matter of years, we would have bible dramas covering all the notable bible characters from Abel to Jesus. See, we already have the Good News According to Jesus movie coming soon. Watching the Abraham drama, I felt it was like having My Book of Bible Stories in video format, or a digital version of Imitate Their Faith. We truly are well-fed!

And we will have everything ready for the New world preaching work :D

17 hours ago, Terk said:

I'm a little confused and I'm probably doing something wrong. 

I thought this file was for the new song but when I download the file, it opens with the title of the new song but contains 19 video excerpts, lasting 51:53 minutes, none of which are the new song. I'm opening it in the JW library app. 

9 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

I thought this file was for the new song but when I download the file, it opens with the title of the new song but contains 19 video excerpts, lasting 51:53 minutes, none of which are the new song. I'm opening it in the JW library app. 

Yes, that's right.... the music video comprises reused video from 19 previous videos published on the JW website. @Terk has gone through the whole music video and has managed to locate all the original videos that where used - and that is the playlight you've got....

On 9/6/2023 at 2:18 AM, Terk said:

and the updated playlist now includes the 19th video too :)

1 hour ago, Parale said:

Yes, that's right.... the music video comprises reused video from 19 previous videos published on the JW website. @Terk has gone through the whole music video and has managed to locate all the original videos that where used - and that is the playlight you've got....

and the updated playlist now includes the 19th video too :)

Thank you so much for explaining. I get it now. I can be somewhat thick sometimes. 

On 9/7/2023 at 12:51 PM, Sheep said:

Some time this month, the full-length interview with Dennis and Irina Christensen will be released.

hopefully tonight! ❤️ 

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”