JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Watchtower - Study Edition - May 2024

We have done well to be patient and wait. We needed calm in our hearts regarding the events to come, Jehovah offers it to us on a platter. The clarity of what is going to happen suggests that we are at a tipping point, from my perspective.

If I read correctly, I noted for my part that we were going to prosper spiritually during the Great Tribulation. I wonder what that means. Are we going to hold International Convention while the world descends into chaos? Are we going to increase the number of schools? What is it like to prosper when the Great Tribulation has begun?

30 minutes ago, Dolce vita said:

We have done well to be patient and wait. We needed calm in our hearts regarding the events to come, Jehovah offers it to us on a platter. The clarity of what is going to happen suggests that we are at a tipping point, from my perspective.

If I read correctly, I noted for my part that we were going to prosper spiritually during the Great Tribulation. I wonder what that means. Are we going to hold International Convention while the world descends into chaos? Are we going to increase the number of schools? What is it like to prosper when the Great Tribulation has begun?

Art.19,para.2 maybe shed some light on your question.

We can be certain that by the time the great tribulation starts, we will know all we need to know in order to endure faithfully and even prosper during that challenging period.

20 minutes ago, Keep Fighting said:

L'article 19, paragraphe 2 peut peut-être éclairer votre question.

Nous pouvons être certains qu’au moment où la grande tribulation commencera, nous saurons tout ce que nous devons savoir pour endurer fidèlement et même prospérer pendant cette période difficile.

Yes, brother, that is the paragraph I am referring to. I'm just wondering what that means.

Have you checked the way the word 'prosper' is used in scripture?

In Greek the word used at Acts 15:29 is πράξετε (from the root word prasso) and it means - to perform, to carry out an activity, and at 3 John 2 it is εὐοδοῦταί  (from the root eudoo) and it is basically devoted service without distraction

So maybe this use of the word 'prosper' really is a reminder that during the GT we will not have the usual distractions in life since they will be of no consequence at that time. We will need to be whole souled, totally focussed on the spiritual side of our life. 

3 hours ago, Dolce vita said:

Let's continue doing our work with total intensity during the great tribulation until they realize that Jehovah's people are standing, this will arouse the fury of Gog who will come against God's people.

9 minutes ago, Dhanyel said:

Continuons à faire notre travail avec une intensité totale pendant la grande tribulation jusqu'à ce qu'ils réalisent que le peuple de Jéhovah est debout, cela suscitera la fureur de Gog qui viendra contre le peuple de Dieu.

Of course, Daniel. More than ever and forever. What we are experiencing is historic in the great saga of the universe and it remains so. Those living during the Great Tribulation were seen in a vision by John. This shows that these times are very very exciting. Leit Motif: Matthew 6:33, all other things will be added. Our life will end up being an addition, a sum of blessings.

The 2nd study article, par. 7 talk about people do not get reach with the Good News. The number of people in these lands are over 2 billion. It will be amazing how Jehovah will handle this at Armageddon along with the  people haven’t been reach with Good News  in lands that is not restricted.

19 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

The 4th article refers to find a potential marriage mate. I’m not going to mention his name. I know a brother is addicted to chocolate, at times gulp down chocolate milk, burps and scratches his tush in front of everyone. I think a sister should not look to him as a potential mate. Who knows?

Work on the tush scratching.  The other things are tolerable. 😂

Jer 29:11-“For I well know the thoughts I am thinking toward you, declares Jehovah, thoughts of peace, and not calamity, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 56:3-“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”
Romans 8:38-”For I am convinced...”

3 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

The 2nd study article, par. 7 talk about people do not get reach with the Good News. The number of people in these lands are over 2 billion. It will be amazing how Jehovah will handle this at Armageddon along with the  people haven’t been reach with Good News  in lands that is not restricted.

I find myself wondering about places like North Korea. The way they're brainwashed over there, they'd eat their kids before admitting their leaders don't give them enough food. Millions of people regulated into military-level 'sameness'. How do you read the heart in a life that demands you never think or feel anything of your own? How do you judge people like that? It goes so far beyond 'outward appearances'.

1 hour ago, Dustparticle said:

Any corrections or thought, please do.

Just an additional point ☺️:

we don’t know if king Solomon will get a resurrection, because the manner of his burial isn’t a guarantee for resurrection. (Para 9 page 4)

Edited by ijsvogel

Excellent new clarifications. Life is so precious to Jehovah. Unless someone is apostate, or another wicked opposer beyond reform, then we can be certain that most humans will be given another chance at having a close relationship with Jehovah.

Anyone who left the truth today, tomorrow or at any other point later in time, if they truly want to return to Jehovah deep during the Great Tribulation before the judging of the Sheep and the Goats, then undoubtedly the "Judge of all the earth will do what is right". 

Although brother Jackson jokingly said does this mean "last minute repentance"?, it is in a sense true. If someone's heart is right at the last moment, and they will repent and Jehovah preserves them alive, we can't judge, only Jehovah through Jesus will. This is the precedent, our preaching work is much more urgent than ever before. If we show people how deeply we care about them and their lives, then they'll remember that, and this may be the turning point for them to join "the great crowd".

Ps.

Anyone noticed the new photo of the couple's daughter with a tattoo on her arm, it is still on her arm as they come out of the great tribulation. Very, very interesting!

1 hour ago, Jay D said:

Anyone noticed the new photo of the couple's daughter with a tattoo on her arm, it is still on her arm as they come out of the great tribulation. Very, very interesting

Yes 🥰🙏

Eph. 3:20 “Now to the one who can, according to his power that is operating in us, do more than superabundantly beyond all the things we ask or conceive”

1 hour ago, Jay D said:

Anyone noticed the new photo of the couple's daughter with a tattoo on her arm, it is still on her arm as they come out of the great tribulation. Very, very interesting!

I hadn't noticed, so I guess it's to help us identify her in the picture

3 minutes ago, Dages said:

Je n'avais pas remarqué, donc je suppose que c'est pour nous aider à l'identifier sur la photo

She has one behind her ear too and a jewel in her nose.

Perhaps also to tell us that it will be such a whirlwind, after the announcement of the Great Tribulation, that we will not be able to dwell on the detail of the tattoo.

I notice that she enters the New World with her tatoos but we can't see very well at the nose, it looks like the shine has disappeared.

Do what we can when we can.

image.thumb.png.953db497b69a35e5588637579e269c9e.png

It makes me wonder if the celestial events, should they be literal, would have any effect on these groups of people giving Jesus an opportunity to see their hearts via their reaction to these events and news they would receive about the GT.  As one brother said, "Some may bow to the events.  Others may shoot or curse at them".

6 hours ago, Jay D said:

Ps.

They've just survived Armageddon, be patient. Her father still has Glasses. We don't know exactly when the changes will come, we just don't know. But we know the changes will come. 😀😀😀😀

2 minutes ago, Keep Fighting said:

They've just survived Armageddon, be patient. Her father still has Glasses. We don't know exactly when the changes will come, we just don't know. But we know the changes will come. 😀😀😀😀

This picture made a good storytelling session for family worship.  Me and my daughter(mostly my daughter) came up with a scenario where the sister woke up with her arm itching, and she noticed her tattoo was peeling.  It came off like a sticker, and there was new skin underneath.