JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Unsolved mysteries you'd like to uncover in the New World

17 hours ago, Imagine said:

Bermuda Triangle : what happened to the more than 50 ships and 20 airplanes that are said to have mysteriously disappeared.

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.c5b4e1a234e196d834c80428dc5f6327.png

Some of the ships may have been hit by hurricanes that they weren't expecting.  They were caught off guard!

On 3/7/2024 at 8:40 PM, Ludwika said:

I'd like to know if Atlantis really existed, or is it just a Legend? 

Could be an exaggeration of reality.  One theory was that someone had actually visited South America and brought back stories about all the gold there.  The stories were told and changed over generations.  Another theory is that Atlantis was Santorini before the volcano destroyed it.  It was a splendid place and the stories were embellished and changed over many generations.

I don't favor any of those theories.  In the movies, Aquaman is still the King of Atlantis, but Namor is no longer in Atlantis in the new movie version.  

On 3/8/2024 at 8:15 AM, Pikachu said:

I'd like to know about a more modern mystery. My kids have been studying odd history, and they've been bugging me about what happened to the Malaysia Airline Flight 370. I don't know, but it would sure be interesting to have facts and not speculation.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/malaysia-airlines-flight-mystery-former-ntsb-investigator-in

Saw this on the news just recently.

What I want to sołve, myself, is some treasure hunting. Land and water. And, Iʼm hoping there will be some old abandoned settlements, and yes houses to explore. 
Not modern stuff. Stuff we can learn from. History. Also, some ship, canʼt remember the name, but, everyone flat out disappeared. Most all of my,”want to solve mysteries”, are listed here, in this thresd. Can I go along with you, as you head out on these adventures?

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

4 hours ago, Miss Bea said:

Also, some ship, canʼt remember the name, but, everyone flat out disappeared. Most all of my,”want to solve mysteries”, are listed here, in this thresd. Can I go along with you, as you head out on these adventures?

The Mary Celeste?...That's a great mystery!..maybe someday we'll know

1 Find out what my forefathers last name was before the trans Atlantic slave trade and take my last name back.

2 Find out how the pyramids were built

3 find out what happened to the ark of the covenant.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.

21 hours ago, Cushi said:

3 find out what happened to the ark of the covenant.

That would be an interesting one to find. :thumbsup:

There are numerous enigmas awaiting discovery, and many historical truths we often accept may, in fact, be just fabrications. It promises to be interesting to uncover these.

One historical event that has long intrigued me is the encounter between Attila the Hun and Pope Leo I in 452. The Huns, known for their brutality and fearlessness, were advancing towards Rome, leaving devastation in their wake. Much of Eastern and Central Europe was already under their control. The Roman Empire was in its death throes  and had slim chances of halting the formidable Hun army. In a desperate last effort, Pope Leo I was dispatched to negotiate with Attila as they stood at the gates of Italy. The specifics of their conversation remain a mystery, but following their meeting, Attila abandoned his dream to conquer Rome and retreated with his forces. He died several months later during a banquet.

What words could the Pope have possibly spoken to sway such a formidable and audacious figure? Perhaps we will find out at the resurrection. :)

On 3/8/2024 at 5:27 AM, Dages said:

That's an interesting thought.

But let's take a modern monster, like Hitler or Staline.
Let's say Jesus grants them a resurrection (ewww, just a thought experiment, keep calm)

You may not recognize them at first, I guess Adolf would shave his famous moustache. So you wouldn't know who you have in front of you.

But the question we will all ask each other in Paradise is "where/who were you before/in the OS/etc?"

So these people may explain who they were before.
We will know, and we will be happy to congratulate them on their repentance and taking side with Jehovah.

Still on Hitler and historically brutal figures like him: could what we know in history simply be inaccurate? Could they have been trapped in power by a cabal like a victimized hostage to do all the evils they did? Of course, there are examples like that in history!

On the other hand, we don’t exactly need those historical figures to get the inside scoops. Someone closer and behind the scene may just be sufficient…

On what I would like resolved: Is space travel/exploration ever going to be a thing? One of the problem with that would have been solved: our short human lifespan.

3 minutes ago, Kunlesky said:

Is space travel/exploration ever going to be a thing? One of the problem with that would have been solved: our short human lifespan.

Space travel has no appeal to me.

Imagine spending six light years having to listen to someone asking, "Are we there yet?" 🙉

😂

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I would like to ask Erwin Schrödinger if his cat was dead or alive. Then ask him if he was dead or alive..:lol1:

I had no clue who this guy, or his hypothetical cat was til I googled it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schrödinger's_cat

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

31 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I had no clue who this guy, or his hypothetical cat was til I googled it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schrödinger's_cat

and here...

Schrödinger's cat in popular culture - Wikipedia

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

I would like to ask Erwin Schrödinger if his cat was dead or alive. Then ask him if he was dead or alive..:lol1:

I had thought about that! I thought the thrill is about the process. The answer in that case is too binary…

19 hours ago, Dages said:

Yeah, I thought that was a possibility since last names are relatively new. If that’s the case, I’d rather go back to not having a last than than to continue as I am.

The Hebrew word cushi or kushi is an affectionate term generally used in the Bible to refer to a dark-skinned person of African descent.