JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Unsolved mysteries you'd like to uncover in the New World

With so many people from all eras getting resurrected in the New World, it'll be possible to solve a lot of currently-unsolved mysteries. A well known example would be the case of Mary Celeste, a ship which, in 1872, was found abandoned in the Atlantic Ocean with most of its provisions intact but without a trace of any of the crew members, who were never seen or heard from ever again. Jack the Ripper's identity would also be uncovered: because in the 1880s, the preaching work in England was just starting, it's highly unlikely that any of Jack the Ripper's victims had the chance to wickedly reject the truth before their deaths, so they'll most likely get resurrected and tell us about what happened. A lot of questions about the ancient world will be answered as well: we'll find out how close current reconstructions of the Proto-Indo-European language are to the original and whether or not the Altaic hypothesis has any truth to it, to name a couple. Also, since there will be no one to guard sites like Area 51 and government buildings around the world, the debates about conspiracy theories surrounding world governments will be settled once and for all (unless for whatever reason, politicians destroy all evidence before Armageddon). With so much new, accurate information available, we'll probably have to completely reframe our understanding of the entire world, and in my opinion, that is one of the most exciting parts about the New System. 

What mysteries are y'all looking forward to solving the most? They could be modern, ancient/Biblical, or even scientific hypotheses which could not be tested with our current technology. 

8 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

🤔

Its funny you ask this because i was wondering about this very thing earlier today.. Now since I am living in an RV with no washer or dryer for the last 6 months, i realized i have every pair of socks i moved in with..15 pairs. I hand wash my socks, and fine unmentionables and air dry in bathroom. So, im convienced the dryer is the Bermuda Triangle of socks.

LeslieDean

Thankful to be among friends everyday!

I have wondered about unsolved crimes for years. Only recently,  i have been leaning towards it not becoming common knowledge. Since death is the wages of sin what good would it do? If the person really comes to know Jehovah, then they will truly come to repetence so why should they have to then be humilated by past shameful works? This has just been a different view i've been juggling the last 6 months, so i am not commited the that thinking if that makes since. 

LeslieDean

2 hours ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

I would like to know where all the socks, that went into my dryer as pairs but came out as singles, went to. 🤔

We will discover a huge pile of socks on the dark side of the moon..:lol1:

16 minutes ago, trottigy said:

How they built the pyramids and what the aliens who helped looked like :wink:

star trek GIF

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

9 hours ago, LeslieDean said:

I have wondered about unsolved crimes for years. Only recently,  i have been leaning towards it not becoming common knowledge. Since death is the wages of sin what good would it do? If the person really comes to know Jehovah, then they will truly come to repetence so why should they have to then be humilated by past shameful works? This has just been a different view i've been juggling the last 6 months, so i am not commited the that thinking if that makes since. 

That's an interesting thought.

But let's take a modern monster, like Hitler or Staline.
Let's say Jesus grants them a resurrection (ewww, just a thought experiment, keep calm)

You may not recognize them at first, I guess Adolf would shave his famous moustache. So you wouldn't know who you have in front of you.

But the question we will all ask each other in Paradise is "where/who were you before/in the OS/etc?"

So these people may explain who they were before.
We will know, and we will be happy to congratulate them on their repentance and taking side with Jehovah.

Edited by Dages

I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned yet, but what happened to the Roanoke colony?
What did Croatoa mean? Did they end up being immersed into the tribe? Were most of them killed? 
Have We Found the Lost Colony of Roanoke Island? | Roanoke island ...

Was was the Voynich manuscript about, and what language was it written in?

Who made Stonehenge and why?

And, more recently, what happened to the Dutch girls who went missing in Panama?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deaths_of_Kris_Kremers_and_Lisanne_Froon

I wonder if Agatha Christie, Lt. Columbo, Sgt. Joe Friday, Maxwell Smart and Agent 99, James Rockford, Sherlock Holmes, Fox Mulder and Dana Sculley will head up the investigations? Just think, cold cases as we know them today will really be delving into some cold cases. 

LeslieDean

I want us to try building satellites and going to the moon, especially for all the people who weren't alive to imagine such a thing. I also wonder how long it will take us to do it.

What happened to Amelia Earhart? 

I want to track the migration of humans since Noah's day.

13 hours ago, Hotteok said:

How Nephilims and the fallen angels looked like and how they interacted with man on earth back then. 

Why?

Jehovah destroyed the Nephilim and will destroy the fallen angels, so why would anyone be interested in them?

Why spend any time on something that Jehovah doesn't want?

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 3/8/2024 at 11:15 PM, Pikachu said:

I'd like to know about a more modern mystery. My kids have been studying odd history, and they've been bugging me about what happened to the Malaysia Airline Flight 370. I don't know, but it would sure be interesting to have facts and not speculation.

That's interesting that you posted this exactly the 10 years after the incident. The MH370 went missing exactly 10 years ago, on March 8, 2014.

It's crazy to think how in this digital age, a jumbo sized commercial airplane housing tons of tracking devices, machineries, making communications with the surface, can just go missing off the radar without a trace.

My first thing would be talking to my ancestors as they are resurrected.  Find out the mysteries of their lives.  Why they did what they did?  Why did they choose to move to certain places?  Later that could be expanded to other mysteries.  There will be plenty of time!