JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Witness memes

Lol.. new releases - I've got only TWO DAYS to go for my Regional, I've held off although last week on the ministry the brother I was working with was just about bursting to "share" what he knew ... I kept stopping him, I'm sure on the way back from work on the Thursday night I'll meet a brother or sister that won't be able to help themselves...

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, add a flag with a jw.org logo! It's so silly to think that a tiny little nation on earth would think that they could claim a whole planetoid like the moon by just putting a flag on it!  Jehovah holds claim to everything!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Yeah, add a flag with a jw.org logo! It's so silly to think that a tiny little nation on earth would think that they could claim a whole planetoid like the moon by just putting a flag on it! Jehovah holds claim to everything!

I saw somewhere recently that America didn't plant the flag to claim the moon was theirs. They did it as a slap in the face to Russia, since they were both racing to get to the moon. And, apparently, it was blown over by the rocket blast when the lunar module lifted off.

As a side-note: The young son (aged about 9 or 10) of a Brother in my old congregation posed an interesting question regarding this. He asked, "Do you think Satan and the demons get angry when they see humans leave the earth like that?" When asked why he thought that, he replied, "because they [satan and the demons] have been confined to earth!" So, he reasoned, humans were doing something that demons were no longer capable of. His father was pleased as punch that his son had obviously been meditating on the scriptures.

Edited by niall

I saw somewhere recently that America didn't plant the flag to claim the moon was theirs. They did it as a slap in the face to Russia, since they were both racing to get to the moon. And, apparently, it was blown over by the rocket blast when the lunar module lifted off.

As a side-note: The young son (aged about 9 or 10) of a Brother in my old congregation posed an interesting question regarding this. He asked, "Do you think Satan and the demons get angry when they see humans leave the earth like that?" When asked why he thought that, he replied, "because they [satan and the demons] have been confined to earth!" So, he reasoned, humans were doing something that demons were no longer capable of. His father was pleased as punch that his son had obviously been meditating on the scriptures.

Hey, I like what the kid said...

:bouncing:

So since Satan and the demons are confined to the Earth, what does that mean for any future colony on Mars (as some are actively planning to do)?  How would Satan and the demons tempt, discourage, or in any way influence the actions of those people?  Aside from some radio contact, they would be completely cut off from Satan's world and realm of influence.

So since Satan and the demons are confined to the Earth, what does that mean for any future colony on Mars (as some are actively planning to do)?  How would Satan and the demons tempt, discourage, or in any way influence the actions of those people?  Aside from some radio contact, they would be completely cut off from Satan's world and realm of influence.

Satan is confined to "the realm of the earth", (re chap. 2 p. 11 par. 9) that is to say, he is barred from the invisible spiritual realm. Anywhere humans can go, he can go as well, but he chooses to remain on the physical earth because that's where he can have authority over something more than a desolate wasteland.

Edited by Stavro

Stavro is correct. Satan and the demons are not literally confined to the earth. I just thought it was nice to see a very young Brother beginning to exercise his reasoning abilities, and taking the Bible into account when observing worldly events.

Now, back to the memes. :)