JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Witness memes

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry if there already has been a similar picture posted in this thread...don't know what prompted me to have a go so suddenly :P (dislike the word 'meme' because of its being a 'Dawkinism'.)

KkI2G4L.jpg

Edited by LoneWanderer

To this David said: “What have I done now? I was only asking a question!”

– 1 Samuel 17:29

Maybe it's just me, but I get a little weirded-out when this happens to people I know.

Posted Image

You can only avoid that if you close your facebook account a day before and reopen it a day later. Or change your preferences so that no one can post in your wall on that day...

My mother still calls me wishing an happy birthday, and most of the times I don't even remember that :)

Or just don't include your ACTUAL date of birth. I never use my real date online and I turn off the feature when I can. It's possible to turn off the feature in Facebook, just don't ask me how...lol.

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫

Or just don't include your ACTUAL date of birth. I never use my real date online and I turn off the feature when I can. It's possible to turn off the feature in Facebook, just don't ask me how...lol.

Exactly - it's in the "About me/contact and basic info" settings - just tell it not to show to anyone else ("only me" in the edit settings)

The other solution is to "friend" only brothers and sisters, but I digress :wink:

I wasn't going to say it. post-4188-0-04854400-1410042859.gif

I understand the nuances of complicated relationships. I really do.  But when someone else's complicated relationships start bleeding into my non-complicated relationships, well, I guess there are some choices to be made.  I think to myself, what if this happened in real life? You're talking to me and suddenly a bunch of worldly strangers show up and start hugging me and wishing me a happy birthday. Wouldn't that be awkward for everyone? It's a little embarrassing.  It's like telling a C.O. about this movie you like and he replies, "Isn't that rated-R?" Ummmm. (happened to someone I know, not me. no, seriously, not me.)

I'm thinking of ditching facebook altogether.  I'm careful about who I "friend." Now I also have to monitor who they "friend" just to avoid the birthday zone?  It's beginning to feel like a job. Too much unfun work for something that I intended to be upbuilding.  I wish there was an easier way to reconnect with brothers and sisters I've lost touch with over the years.

I don't get it. What is the relation between this strange hipster and Moses' rod?

Oh, and I see my question was deleted. Wonderful, now I have to retype everything :( I was hoping someone would redirect it to the right thread instead of just getting rid of it. What thread am I supposed to post it on because this is the only currently alive one connected to instagram?

Edited by Musky

Oh, and I see my question was deleted. Wonderful, now I have to retype everything :( I was hoping someone would redirect it to the right thread instead of just getting rid of it. What thread am I supposed to post it on because this is the only currently alive one connected to instagram?

Your question wasn't deleted. There is a complete thread with your original question as the first post. I answered your question there. Plus several others answered you as well.

Hopefully someone will drop the link in for you if you haven't seen the other thread.

Edited by Musky

Come join our service group singers......♫ Grant us boldness we witness....help us overcome our fear. ♫