JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Rooting Tablets Illegal? Immoral?

Some definitions of Illegal and unlawful that I found on internet.

#1. Illegal and unlawful have slightly different meanings, although they are often used interchangeably. Something that is illegal is against the law, whereas an unlawful act merely contravenes the rules that apply in a particular context. Thus handball in soccer is unlawful, but it is not illegal. A third word with a similar meaning is illicit: this tends to encompass things that are forbidden or disapproved of by custom or society, as in an illicit love affair.

#2. One difference to note is that unlawful is generally only used in the context of state or federal laws, wereas illegal can be used to refer to any set of rules. For example, in sports people can perform illegal moves, and when a computer program crashes it will sometimes say that it performed an illegal operation.

Within the context of the law though, they are much more synonymous save for the differences that the other answers mention.

#3. Unlawful is something against the law.

Illegal is a sick bird.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

You two are going to do me in....unlawful is breaking the law...illegal is a sick bird! ..A C.O. told us this in the car group...We guessed with many definitions before he told us!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

I am not doing either of those! ANYONE implying this is wrong, being unfair, and needs to take a good look at him or her self.

This is a discussion folks. It's been a good one, and if ANYONE doesn't like it or thinks I'm beating a dead horse, stop reading this thread! Sheesh!

Gary,

Didn't mean imply you were "doing anything - but, in this thread there have been several explanation/suggestions/justifications for "rooting" and you just keep asking the same question.

It is starting to go "beyond" a "discussion" - the matter was "established" early in the thread and yet, additional questions/points continue to be interjected that are re-hashing of points already made - thus why several have mentioned "straining out the gnats".

Why would others need to "look at their self" if they think the point about rooting has already been made? How is it unfair just because there is no "confusion" in the mind of others about this matter?

And, if I have not already mentioned this, I have no devices that are "rooted" or need "rooting", so I have no "invested interest" in the outcome of this discussion.

I didn't post as an attack and I regret if you felt it was - just expressing my view as you have expressed yours - I guess my point might be that with all the "discussion" on this matter, the time to make a decision may have come. After all, there does reach a point where we all need to decide - more questions just become superfluous.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Gary you sound like a nice guy.

Me personally you do what you feel is right.

You to were created with a gift to choose.

You wanted some extra thoughts.To chew over.

Thats cool & pratical.

Aussies have a push. To buy only Aussie. For the sake of keeping the jobs local.

I want whatever will help a friend keep a roof over his house.

But at the end of the day. If I go to a shop & a can of bake beans 4 eg. Is 2.50 & another is .70 cents.

I will get the .70 cause its cheaper.

When I get a phone or PC. I like to change either ringtone or the desktop setting cause it suits my taste. Some of the built in ring tones are a bit pansy./poxy

At the end of the day if you have a limited budget & a family to take care of then you need to do what you can afford. Make it work the way you like it.

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

Since this thread has been thoroughly discussed and to avoid discouraging posts, I would like to request this thread be closed posthaste. Will a moderator please make it so? Threat level Midnight

Edited by steadfast

Threat level midnight :lol1:

What comes after that - threat level early morning? :lol1:

Thanks for keeping a young brother laughing :wave:

Run Gary run - they let the sisters out :lol2:

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

So doesn't anyone know the difference between unlawful and illegal???

My answer was for Sunray.....

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

Just do a Google search for what you are looking for and then add the word "smiley" to  it and then look through the hundreds of images that Google comes up with. Find the one you like, right-click on it and choose "Save image as" and save it to a folder. Then attach it where you want it.

Example: "laughing smiley" https://www.google.com/search?q=laughing+smiley&rlz=1G1ACGW_EN-GBUS351&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=eoKFUYTgOcOaiQKKi4DQBA&ved=0CDMQsAQ&biw=1138&bih=567

You can narrow it down and search for "Animated" laughing smiley.

Edited by Musky

It may have posted as a thumbnail because of it's size although it's not near as big as the pictures I post for the WT study, but I may have different permissions then you do, but I'm not sure. It does open slightly bigger when you click on the picture you posted.