JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Bible Shortage At Bethel?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3877 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

What if we don't hear anything about a new bible at the annual meeting? Then what? Will there be a new rumor? Well, it must be by 2014? Then the next Convention....?

I'm getting anxious lol. I really need a new bible. I don't want to, but have to. Even if I had an extra one, I wouldn't want to go through all the work of transferring notes and then having to do it again if we get a new bible.

With all the people that would have to be involved in printing new bibles, I don't think that everybody could have kept quiet. To keep a secret like that for months? I couldn't . Keeping secrets is painful lol. I always have to tell just one extra person. My husband or my mother. I know they can keep a secret, and it feels so good to let go and share the secret.

Anyway. My patience is really being stretched thin.

I hope we find out something soon.

Edited by star-bug

We have a brother from the branch office at our convention in Kennewick Washington and a brother asked him if he knew why there was a bible shortage, and he said "YEP!!!" and nothing more.

So, something must be up.

That's funny!

When the NWT with cross references came out, in 1984, was that released at a District Convention?

At that time did they also let the old one run out without telling anyone what was going on, with a gap when there were no bibles available?

Has anything ever been released at a annual meeting?

Has everyone in 'the know' been sworn to secrecy lol?

Well, surprise surprise!   Our hall hasn't seen a bible since last year, paper back or hard cover, all gone.  I was told there are plenty of Spanish hardcover bibles available with our Spanish speaking brothers at their halls.   And I went to a totally different KH, then my own.  No Bibles anywhere.  I guess there's going to be a BIG SURPRISE coming our way!  We have to wait and bite our nails!  

We visited Bethel a couple of weeks ago. The brothers told us during the tour that the society has developed new devices to imitate different environmental conditions the bibles could be exposed to. That the bibles produced over the last couple years where bound with an inferior material and did not last long. So now they are making sure that the quality produced is going to meet standards before they are released.

Hi i am from uk and we dont have any bible at our congregation either havnt had for some time now,we hear all sorts but only speculation.

maybe they are thinking of joining the reasoning book at the back of the bible,that would be nice

That would be great. But it would have to be a updated version.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Vegsushi

I really hope that they bring out a pocket sized version too. It seems they were the first to get discontinued and when word got around everyone made sure they started to safeguard it :P I visited a California congregation and got gifted a deluxe pocket sized and the other one will go in my go bag.

Let's hope the news is soon how exciting!! :D

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Am I the only one who loves my scribbled, dog-eared, familiar, well-loved Bible?

Quite possibly, Fiona.  I've never seen your Bible so can't really comment.  :D

I quite like my Bible, but it's hard to get emotionally attached to a computer Bible. :uhhuh:

Edited by bohemian

Am I the only one who loves my scribbled, dog-eared, familiar, well-loved Bible?

I have gotten to know many CO and DO over the years. I have gotten used to the fact that we will get a new one every 3 years or so ... the same is true of my Bible. I have worn out so many over the years that I take it in stride that I will need a new one at some point. So, though I like my "worn in" Bible, I realize it will become a "worn out" one at some point and it keeps me from getting overly attached to it.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~