JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

• 3 months later...

JWReader was updated back in Feb.

On his site - http://www.syntaxsoftwaresolutions.co.uk/JWReader/index.php he states that the updated Bible is "coming". I keep checking, but nothing yet  :bouncing:

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 2 months later...

New version is available - http://www.syntaxsoftwaresolutions.co.uk/JWReader/index.php

Version 3.16 (31st May 2014) - Thank you for your patience this version includes Revised NWT and 2014 yearbook

I like it. The pop-ups for the links in the daytext aren't working for me, but I like that it now has the new NWT.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

New version is available - http://www.syntaxsoftwaresolutions.co.uk/JWReader/index.php

I like it. The pop-ups for the links in the daytext aren't working for me, but I like that it now has the new NWT.

Did you let it overwrite the previous version or did you uninstall the older one and do a fresh install with the new version?

The pop up's work for me with the new version.

• 2 months later...

This app shouldn't be affected at all by the new user agreement on jw.org. It merely downloads files directly to your device - similar to a browser.

Soon .....

• 1 month later...

Yeah, there is an update with some minor bug fixes - http://www.syntaxsoftwaresolutions.co.uk/JWReader/index.php

-Fixed and issue I had with opening the article linked in the daytext

- Added - "Who Are Doing God's Will" brochure

- Added YPA #1 & 2

- Fixed an issue some had with the 2015 magazines

Soon .....

Downloaded the new app.  I don't see any changes.  Still not seeing Jan 15 magazines.  Should I uninstall the app before installing the update?

All I use this app for is downloading magazines.  Is there another app that can download new magazines?

Edited by Shawnster

I've had problems lately with this app. On just one of my tablets (Note 10.1) the Jan issues have downloaded OK. On the others some are missing and on my phone NONE have come through - most strange. Also, I can't change the language of the Bible in the app anymore (I used to be able to change the language to Spanish which was handy when conducting a study in that language)

I don't know whether anyone has contact with the developer? I sent a message to him a while ago but he never got back to me...

• 2 weeks later...

3.18 has been available since Nov 6th

Version 3.18 (6th November 2014) - Firstly apologies for version 3.17 it deleted downloaded publications. Fixed that plus now downloads KMs

Soon .....

• 1 month later...

To load the new Bible Teach book - press and hold and click "remove" then touch it and reload it new.

The picture looks good!

post-272-0-17559700-1418575118_thumb.jpg

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

Does anybody know an easy way to get JW reader onto my nook?. I can get apps from Google play but cant download the app from the link musky provided. It keeps on saying for security reasons I cant download apps that are not from the nook store. Anybody else have a nook and know how to get jw reader? Is there another similar app I can use?

You have to change your security settings to allow an "unknown source" to install the app.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I'm also looking for a good ePub Reader.  I use Moon+ Reader on Android and wish there was an equivalent version for Win 8 :(

JWReader is OK.. but there are a few features missing compared to Moon+ Reader.  I like the choice of pre-downloading the books and magazines. Organizing them into folders. Also like the 'popup scriptures they both have. but I like using different coloured underlines when preparing for the meetings. (JWReader only uses one colour).

Is there anything out there close to Moon+ Reader Pro?

...Wally.

Jwreader isn't an ePub reader. I use FBReader as an ePub reader. Jwreader is just a nice way to organize all of it. See the picture above for the magazines,books and km. Click the picture and the pdf version opens, click and hold and you can select ePub or even audio files of it. It will let you cache each of these.,

It also has a nice daytext with the school.

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

Hi Everyone,

I'm also looking for a good ePub Reader. I use Moon+ Reader on Android and wish there was an equivalent version for Win 8 :(

JWReader is OK.. but there are a few features missing compared to Moon+ Reader. I like the choice of pre-downloading the books and magazines. Organizing them into folders. Also like the 'popup scriptures they both have. but I like using different coloured underlines when preparing for the meetings. (JWReader only uses one colour).

Is there anything out there close to Moon+ Reader Pro?

...Wally.

Have you tried the app Nook? It seems to be a good option for Windows

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook-for-windows-8/379003757

• 2 weeks later...

Trouble with the daytext is fixed with the latest update:

http://www.syntaxsoftwaresolutions.co.uk/JWReader/

I hate having to log in and download the new app each time they update.  Wish it had some kind of auto update feature or a link straight to their site.

I appreciate the app, however.

• 2 weeks later...

This update, I was told there is an update - would I like to install it?

It is version 3.20 and he says:

Version 3.20 (11th January 2015) - Fixed German Tagestext and added 2015 yearbook.

However, I haven't seen an icon for the 2015 yearbook on either my phone or tablet (sometimes one reacts a little different than the other - for example, on the tablet the Bible Teach book icon is the new one, but the old yellow one on the phone - even though I have removed it and reDLd it.)

But I haven't seen the March km yet either. Maybe it just has to show up at a certain place one the jw.org site.

Soon .....