JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Yes, those files need to go in the jwreader / daystext folder. Jwreader is the "appropriate app".

I hope you are able to get it all up and running.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 2 weeks later...

I got update request for JWreader, I missed downloading it. Guess I will have to wait til the next time.

Has anyone got a working & are you happy with the new Updated version? & what version please?

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

I got update request for JWreader, I missed downloading it. Guess I will have to wait til the next time.

Has anyone got a working & are you happy with the new Updated version? & what version please?

Just go here and download in manually:

http://www.syntaxsoftwaresolutions.co.uk/JWReader/index.php

Does anybody know how to put the downloaded files on the SD card rather then the internal memory?

I don't think you can unless your phone is rooted. But if you find a way, please let us know! :)

This Version is great. I noticed a few more brochures were added to the rest.

Cool. Definitely worth waiting for. :)

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

• 2 weeks later...

3.12 seems pretty good, but I just Downloaded the PDF version of the November Watchtower and it is only part 1 of the large print   :eek:

I think we will see an update again shortly.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

My Dad bought himself an Android tablet. He asked me to help him aset it up.

I put this version of the reader on. It froze a few times:( oh well.

• 1 month later...

Version 3.13 is out. Now the school schedule is fixed.

It is still odd for the December '13 regular study edition - I only get Part 1 of the Large Print   :nope:

But the rest is pretty solid.

Maybe - now that the wol.jw.org  has the 2013 Bible - we will get an update. OR maybe he will wait for audio files too.

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

Does anybody know an easy way to get JW reader onto my nook?. I can get apps from Google play but cant download the app from the link musky provided. It keeps on saying for security reasons I cant download apps that are not from the nook store. Anybody else have a nook and know how to get jw reader? Is there another similar app I can use?

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

Does anybody know an easy way to get JW reader onto my nook?. I can get apps from Google play but cant download the app from the link musky provided. It keeps on saying for security reasons I cant download apps that are not from the nook store. Anybody else have a nook and know how to get jw reader? Is there another similar app I can use?

On regular android there is an option in settings/security where you can allow unknown sources (install app's outside of market) - search for a similar setting on your tab

Or you can go to xda and learn how you can root it and allow the full android experience ;)

I don't have that setting on my tab. Will try and root my nook.

Micah 4:5 ......"we, for our part, shall walk in the name of Jehovah our God to time indefinite, even forever."

John 15:13 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends."

Simon, Can you receive email on your nook? If so, I can try emailing you the JW reader app as an attachment and you can then tap on it and see if it will install. Make sure to check if you have the option João mentioned about the "allow installation from unknown sources" in your settings.

EDIT: I just saw your post about not having that setting.

Edited by Musky

• 1 month later...

I don't see an icon for the January public Watchtower. Why? When I go to where JWReader gets them http://www.jw.org/apps/E_QrYQCsVrGZNT there isn't one.

I hope the branch updates this soon.

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....

The January public WT does not show in my Jw reader app either, but Like Nancy says, if you go to the site Jerry posted and use the drop down menu to go to January, you can download the PDF or EPUB additions even though there is no icon for the public issue. 

It's also on this page: http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/

Edited by Musky