JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

On September 17, 2016 at 10:37 AM, trottigy said:

There has been an update of the JWReader app too for those who use it. Mine stopped showing the latest magazines, but this fixes that.

I still use mine for listening to the Bible - as that functionality isn't in the JWLibrary app yet. 

image.jpg

The ability is now available on JW Library on iPad to here the bible reading.

Edited by mserskine

7 minutes ago, mserskine said:

The ability is now available on JW Library on iPad to here the bible reading.

How do I listen to the Psalms without having to hit play for EVERY Psalm?  Or download them ahead of time for a trip? Or the same for the magazines or Yearbook?   :nope:

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

2 minutes ago, trottigy said:

How do I listen to the Psalms without having to hit play for EVERY Psalm?  Or download them ahead of time for a trip? Or the same for the magazines or Yearbook?   :nope:

For now, you can't download them. You only can stream them which means you have to be connected to the Internet.. Just go to a chapter that has been released like Psalm 1. At the top you will see a Play icon ( a triangle) and click on it and Psalm 1 will begin to read. You have to do this for each chapter

3 minutes ago, mserskine said:

For now, you can't download them. You only can stream them which means you have to be connected to the Internet.. Just go to a chapter that has been released like Psalm 1. At the top you will see a Play icon ( a triangle) and click on it and Psalm 1 will begin to read. You have to do this for each chapter

So, I can't download and I can't play anything continuously thru - like a Bible book, magazine or any other book. I suppose I will have to keep using JWReader since it can do all of that.

Maybe one day JWLIBRARY will be able to do these things. :pray: 

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

53 minutes ago, trottigy said:

So, I can't download and I can't play anything continuously thru - like a Bible book, magazine or any other book. I suppose I will have to keep using JWReader since it can do all of that.

Maybe one day JWLIBRARY will be able to do these things. :pray: 

I use Equipd Bible and you can d/l the audio for nwt and listen offline, but it is still chapter by chapter, unfortunately.  It does have the advantage of being able to make notes in the Bible itself, and even links in your notes!

The problem with streaming on JWLibrary is that if I am not online with wifi, I incur charges for data use!

1 hour ago, bohemian said:

Whence can one obtain JW Reader for iPad?

Don't think it's available. I use Documents 5 by Readdle to listen to the Bible etc on my iPad. It automatically starts the following chapters.

Edited by ChrisTheConfused

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Don't think it's available. I use Documents 5 by Readdle to listen to the Bible on my iPad. It automatically starts the following chapters.

I think it's a bad idea for it to just continue. Better read chapter-wise. That way, if you lose concentration, it will only read till the end of the chapter.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

8 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Didn't think people would still be using these sad apps now that we have an official app.

Until the "official" app can do the things we use these other apps for, why not? 

Soon .....

10 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

I think it's a bad idea for it to just continue. Better read chapter-wise. That way, if you lose concentration, it will only read till the end of the chapter.

I'm always hitting the buttons to play the chapter again. Or pausing to meditate on a verse.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

In fact, here is another nice feature - a widget for the text.

Jerryjwreader.jpg

Edited by Musky

I was getting a neck ache

Soon .....

42 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Personally I think it's a matter of preference. My wife likes to listen to the Bible reading while cooking or cleaning and it's difficult to stop every couple of minutes, take off the work gloves and go to the next chapter. I have the same problem, I like to listen while I'm working in the yard, at the KH or Assembly Hall and I have to stop and go to the next chapter. Sometimes it's easier not to listen to anything. I'd like the option to listen to chapters contiguously.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

Until the "official" app can do the things we use these other apps for, why not? 

Safety, for one thing. A software tailor-made for us and spread openly is a security risk. It is much better to use a generic app, like an ebook reader, that is not specifically made for us.
"Sad" is most certainly a matter of opinion.

Yes, mine.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

Personally I think it's a matter of preference. My wife likes to listen to the Bible reading while cooking or cleaning and it's difficult to stop every couple of minutes, take off the work gloves and go to the next chapter. I have the same problem, I like to listen while I'm working in the yard, at the KH or Assembly Hall and I have to stop and go to the next chapter. Sometimes it's easier not to listen to anything. I'd like the option to listen to chapters contiguously.

Download it as an audiobook? There is plenty of great software for that. As for the magazines, it is easy to download them as podcasts.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

16 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Download it as an audiobook? There is plenty of great software for that. As for the magazines, it is easy to download them as podcasts.

It may be easier for you but not for us. I like the idea of it being on one app.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I like to listen while driving to work. It is against the law in Nevada to figit  with the phone while driving. I can't just swipe for the next chapter and then look for that small play arrow and hit it for every chapter. :eek: That would be illegal. No one should encourage others to do something illegal right? 

Soon .....

It may be easier for you but not for us. I like the idea of it being on one app.

Me too, but it's still unwise to use apps like this for that reason. So I use two apps. JW Library and a regular podcast app for the magazines.

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

I got jw reader on my phone, but cannot get the Bible audio.  There is very little help installed, as far as I can see. 

Do you know how to do it and can someone guide me?  I can read the Bible on my iPad, through Documents, but I would like to listen on my phone when I don't have my iPad with me.

24 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Yes, mine.

Personally I find it hard to listen to your opinions because of the way you present them, so I generally skip your comments, but that's just me and my opinion.

Personally I find it hard to listen to your opinions because of the way you present them, so I generally skip your comments, but that's just me and my opinion.

Sorry about that. How should I present them differently?

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

27 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Safety, for one thing. A software tailor-made for us and spread openly is a security risk. It is much better to use a generic app, like an ebook reader, that is not specifically made for us.
Yes, mine.

Having used JWREADER for over 5 years now - long before the JWLibrary app - I can assure all this app is SAFE. It is as you say "tailor made" for us. 

:thumbsup:

And last I checked you are describing JWLibrary exactly - tailor made and spread openly. I haven't found it to be a security risk. Have you? 

Edited by trottigy

Soon .....