JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

And last I checked you are describing JWLibrary exactly - tailor made and spread openly. I haven't found it to be a security risk. Have you? 

The difference is that it's from the slave, and those I trust.

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

11 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

The difference is that it's from the slave, and those I trust.

If the only people you ever trust is the faithful slave and not even your own brother (who wrote that app) how do you get by in life? Do you bank, work, own a home, go on vacation, drive, eat food, etc.?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

57 minutes ago, Tortuga said:

Personally I find it hard to listen to your opinions because of the way you present them, so I generally skip your comments, but that's just me and my opinion.

I have similar feelings. I don't skip brother Johan's posts, I enjoy them, but I expect to be slightly bothered by his no holds barred opinions.  Maybe it might be due to the difference of the way things are expressed when not our native tongue. 

55 minutes ago, Thesauron said:

Sorry about that. How should I present them differently?

Be more gentle, speak softer, recognize that as good and solid that you believe your opinion to be, allow room for the equally valid opinion of others. That is my opinion. :)

Edited by Old

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Personally I find it hard to listen to your opinions because of the way you present them, so I generally skip your comments, but that's just me and my opinion.

3 hours ago, Thesauron said:

Sorry about that. How should I present them differently?

I apologize for my public comment. Please see my PM.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I have used JW Reader for a long time and still use it. I use it everyday to read the daily text, and also to download the magazines (which then can automatically be imported to Moon+ Reader by the way) and to listen to them. I don't understand why a general purpose software made by a company should be safer than an app made by a brother specifically for this purpose. Maybe I'm weird.

JW Library is a very useful app and I use it too, but it's really heavy on resources and it takes ages in my phone and tablet just to find a scripture or change from a publication to other, not to mention to switch to a different language. JW Reader is lightning fast and does that in no time.

I'm not saying JW Library is not useful. I'm just saying that JW Reader has some functionalities that are very useful to me too.

I didn't know about this JW Reader app till now .. thank you brothers. :)  I, too, get a little frustrated by the 'one chapter at a time' bible listening. However I want to make sure that I have the right app and there seem to be a couple in the play store.  The one that consistently comes up when I look for JW Reader  is 'JW Reader Multilanguage'.  Could someone tell me if this is the right one or if not, point me in the right direction, please. Thank you. :)

Don't give up .. it's just around the corner.

1 hour ago, GeordieGirl said:

I didn't know about this JW Reader app till now .. thank you brothers. :)  I, too, get a little frustrated by the 'one chapter at a time' bible listening. However I want to make sure that I have the right app and there seem to be a couple in the play store.  The one that consistently comes up when I look for JW Reader  is 'JW Reader Multilanguage'.  Could someone tell me if this is the right one or if not, point me in the right direction, please. Thank you. :)

It is not in the app market, It is only available for Android and directly from the brother's website. You can download it here, then make sure to go into settings and "Allow unknown sources"

http://www.syntaxsoftwaresolutions.co.uk/jwreader/

Edited by Musky

46 minutes ago, Musky said:

It is not in the app market, It is only available for Android and directly from the brother's website. You can download it here, then make sure to go into settings and "Allow unknown sources"

Thank you so much Brother Chuck, I'm so glad I asked.  That is fantastic. I really appreciate it. :)

Edited by Musky

4 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

Sorry Uani, I don't understand what you mean. 

Well... with all the audio literature on jw.org there is the option to stream or download.  I just download the files directly onto my device- or better yet, my flash drive- and listen to them. No need for a special app or anything.  

I rarely download any a/v from the Library app.

13 minutes ago, Hope said:

Well... with all the audio literature on jw.org there is the option to stream or download.  I just download the files directly onto my device- or better yet, my flash drive- and listen to them. No need for a special app or anything.  

I rarely download any a/v from the Library app.

I download everything to my device too but that doesn't solve the listening to more than one chapter of the Bible at a time issue. :)

7 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

Terri, the JW Reader we are talking about is not in the Play Store. You can download it from here:

Maybe your phone will say that you need to enable non-market applications ( Settings -> Applications -> Unknown sources ) to have it installed, since it's not from the Play Store. You can do it without problem, this software is made by a brother and it won't harm anything in your device.

6 hours ago, GeordieGirl said:

I download everything to my device too but that doesn't solve the listening to more than one chapter of the Bible at a time issue. :)

Really?  When I download, the entire book plays until I end it.  Your recordings stop after each chapter???

9 hours ago, Hope said:

Really?  When I download, the entire book plays until I end it.  Your recordings stop after each chapter???

Yes it does.  Does you use Apple? If you have a look back up through the thread you will see that it is we who have Android who seem to have this issue so maybe that's what the difference is. 

1 hour ago, GeordieGirl said:

Yes it does.  Does you use Apple? If you have a look back up through the thread you will see that it is we who have Android who seem to have this issue so maybe that's what the difference is. 

Both in the Android and Apple version if the JWLIBRARY app it ONLY plays one chapter. Hope is NOT using the JWLIBRARY app to listen to the audio. She stated she downloads them from jw.org and then uses a media player to listen to them. 

I don't like doing that on my phone as then those files get played randomly while I am listening to music thru the phone's media player. 

JWReader has been the best solution for me to keep audio well organized. I just long press on the publication and click listen. It does all the rest - including downloading.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

• 2 months later...
On 10/8/2016 at 1:07 AM, Hope said:

Well per the usual a new year and JWReader is not working for the text. Hopefully, as he has every year, a patch will come out and it will be up and running again.

I love the text widget - seeing the days text as soon as I turn on the phone is always a good reminder. And being able to DL the audio and easily listen while we were driving and had no cell coverage. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the hard work. Looking forward to the update.

Soon .....

• 2 months later...

I still haven't seen this year's update. I was hoping he'd fix the year text and yearbook. 

I am hopeful, but now starting to have doubts. I love my daytext widget.

Soon .....

I downloaded the JWREADER APP on my Android phone and enabled (unknown sources in settings) but for some reason when I try to pull up daily text or bible I get a message that tells me "failed to open"

The publication section opens up fine and can read in Adobe, but for some reason daily text and bible will not open. Can someone help me or give me some suggestions to solve this issue please?

I tried uninstalling App and installed again but still same issue. I'm not sure if I need to enable something else in settings to resolve this issue or it's some other technical issue?

Thank you for any technical assistance someone can provide me to clear this issue up...