JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

My daughter who lives in the US, has a 'Big Eyes' original painting in their Kingdom Hall. Must be worth a big if she is really famous...

Can I post a pic of it here?, or does that run foul of copyright laws?

Older

{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

3 minutes ago, TonyWenz said:

My daughter who lives in the US, has a 'Big Eyes' original painting in their Kingdom Hall. Must be worth a big if she is really famous...

Can I post a pic of it here?, or does that run foul of copyright laws?

Older

{still waiting for the 'Wiser'}

There is a thread about the Big Eyes movie that has several pictures in it. You can post them here or there.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I used a bridge to create a frame to capture this ship on the Columbia River.

WP_20180219_14_08_45_Pro.jpg

Living in a small town you have to appreciate a train ambling thru the middle of downtown!

IMG_20180219_184945_830.jpg

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

Atom photo:

atom-zoom.jpg

You can see the atom in the shot above, the tiny speck at the very center.

Quantum physicist David Nadlinger from the University of Oxford managed to capture an image that would have been impossible only a few years ago: a single atom suspended in an electric field viewable by the naked eye. The amazing shot titled “Single Atom in an Ion Trap” recently won the overall prize in the UK’s Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC) science photo and imaging contest. You can see the atom in the shot above, the tiny speck at the very center.

To be clear, the photo doesn’t capture just the atom, but rather light emitted from it while in an excited state. 

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2018/02/photo-of-a-single-atom/

Title of the email that sent this article: 

Don’t Trust Atoms, They Make Up Everything

5a8c7765a0490_LaughingCrackup.gif.a0eea12090e0dccae20d7123b7aa865b.gif

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

On 19/02/2018 at 11:11 PM, Tortuga said:

Apparently they tried a new distributor and things ran afoul..

They stuck their neck out to get a leg up on their production..

They are barely making it on a wing and a prayer but promise to stay abreast of the situation..

They are thigh deep in trouble but at least they aren't being chicken about it.

Well, out of the fire and into the frying pan, I'm sure thing will be clucking soon..

:D

Things are getting pretty serious. (Not my video.)

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

22 hours ago, DancesWithWife said:

No meeting tonight on account of this white stuff

Where is the Head & Shoulder's anti Flake shampoo when you need it? :lol1:

We have had Rain the past couple of days with record high temps yesterday.

Most snow has gone, even the piled up stuff has dwindled. Just below freezing right now.

Lots of Flooding all over southern Ontario, including major streets in London, ON near the Thames. :no:

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

23 hours ago, DancesWithWife said:

No meeting tonight on account of this white stuff!

snow feb 2oth night (2).jpg

All schools were canceled today, the roads were ok except the side roads. The worst part of going to work this morning was the black ice in the parking lot of one of my jobs. If someone had a camera I'd never hear the end of it. Had to cling onto the truck and almost crawl to the sidewalk under the eave where there was no ice.

Snowing right now, weird  to have it at sea level, supposed to get a lot tonight. Yay, maybe no work in Oregon tomorrow.

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

I have a houseguest this week. A friend of mine in our congregation went on a cruise for a week (much deserved), and needed someone to bird-sit for him. I'd like you to meet Nico:

2018-02-26_1681.thumb.JPG.b89835fe9f94b0df27b78d66725554d1.JPG

2018-02-26_1682.thumb.JPG.091069ac894ddc0a5d7d7fceb2adc17a.JPG

2018-02-26_1683.thumb.JPG.ae35276fa0769eae744c2c190e8a0813.JPG

He's not the friendliest pet I've ever had (doesn't like anyone to get too close), but seems to be getting used to the environment. I have a recording of bird sounds in a forest, and when I play that it makes him chirp to no end! He sometimes hops over to the loudspeaker (the black thing behind him) and starts pecking at it. He's just determined to find those birds!

Seven HUGE wild turkeys are coming into the feeders.   6 toms and one hen.

They are hard to photograph because they can detect the tiniest movement at the windows. Had to stand several feet back.

5a95c998b0d3a_TurkeysTWO.jpg.5ce1ca622dfd1c03457b2ac5675de274.jpg

Snuck a quick pic through the front door:

5a95c9b8d9acb_Turkeys1.jpg.59085e91ea0f225c5081597a727e341e.jpg

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif