JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

DISCUSS COURT CASE HERE JW.org - Jehovah’s Witnesses Mobilize Global Response to Threat of Ban in Russia

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 1384 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

6 hours ago, Samira said:

.......so now the Russian Police know's a lot more........and this "Brother" put the whole Brotherhood in risk in Russia......

Oh, they know all of it. That's not a surprise, or even a new development.

I heard an experience once, about a Branch Overseer (I think, don't quote me on that part) at an International Convention. At this convention he met a man who worked for the Cuban Government. Cuba is a communist nation, so the work is banned there. The Government official asked how many JW's were in Cuba. Our guy said he couldn't say precisely. The Government man lughed and gave him the number, accurate to within about a hundred people or so.

Our brother asks how he knew that. Government man said that the JW's are the only ones that actually ask to leave the Communist Party.

We don't hide what we are. We just trust something for more powerful than anonymity to protect us.

7 hours ago, skipdaflip said:

Zero Days 'documentary' talked about Israël and the UN who has penetrated in the whole system of Iran without being discovered. So who tells us that they don't got Access to these simple sites?

No need to hack or infiltrate this particular forum since it is public and can be read by anyone. :)

Some sections of JWTalk are private and for members only. Others are visible to anyone. This one is of the latter group.

Oh, they know all of it. That's not a surprise, or even a new development.

I heard an experience once, about a Branch Overseer (I think, don't quote me on that part) at an International Convention. At this convention he met a man who worked for the Cuban Government. Cuba is a communist nation, so the work is banned there. The Government official asked how many JW's were in Cuba. Our guy said he couldn't say precisely. The Government man lughed and gave him the number, accurate to within about a hundred people or so.

Our brother asks how he knew that. Government man said that the JW's are the only ones that actually ask to leave the Communist Party.

We don't hide what we are. We just trust something for more powerful than anonymity to protect us.

As far as I know, the work is not banned in Cuba. It has some restrictions, but there is a branch office there and about 95,800 publishers.

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

43 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

I've lost track, where are we in the whole court case? Are we still appealing? Is there any hope? Can we still challenge? Sorry, been a bit busy lately.

From jw.org:

Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia have appealed for justice to the European Court of Human Rights and the UN Human Rights Committee. In the meantime, their fellow believers worldwide pray that the Russian government will reconsider its position and respect fundamental human rights so that the Witnesses can “go on leading a calm and quiet life with complete godly devotion,” as stated at 1 Timothy 2:2.

• 2 weeks later...

From jw-russia.org:

UN Urges Russia to Abolish the List of Extremist Materials

September 4, 2017

The only basis for all accusations of Jehovah's Witnesses in "extremism" - the Federal List of Extremist Materials - can be revoked. Russia was called to this by the UN Committee on the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (CERD) in its RECOMMENDATION of August 25, 2017.  (See PDF file.)

The UN Committee is concerned about the unclear definition of the concept of extremist activity and the lack of clear criteria by which materials can be classified as extremist that is used against vulnerable segments of the population.

The international community unanimously condemned the accusations of extremism and the ban imposed by the Russian court on the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses. This can be seen from the following official statements.

A joint statement by 28 member states of the European Union, as well as 11 other states, including Australia, Canada and Norway
July 21, 2017
"On July 17, the Russian Supreme Court upheld the decision to liquidate all Jehovah's Witnesses' legal entities in Russia, to terminate their activities and confiscate property on charges of" extremist activity. " This decision confirms the ban on the peaceful confession of the faith of Jehovah's Witnesses throughout the country. This ban has already led to cases of criminal prosecution of Jehovah's Witnesses, as well as to police raids in their prayer halls. It promotes an atmosphere of hatred and persecution, which led to arson and other forms of persecution. Jehovah's Witnesses, like all followers of religious groups, should be given the opportunity to peacefully enjoy freedom of assembly without interference, as guaranteed by the Constitution of the Russian Federation, as well as by Russia's international obligations and international human rights standards. "

The Federal Republic of Germany. Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Germany
July 19, 2017
"We are concerned about the adoption of a court decision on the ban on the activities of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia. Thus, despite our attempts to persuade at all levels, the peaceful exercise of the right to freedom of religion and worldview has become punishable. "

USA. The US Department of State
July 19, 2017
"The decision of the Supreme Court of Russia against Jehovah's Witnesses, adopted this week, is the last episode in the alarming trend of persecution of religious minorities. We call on the Russian authorities to lift the ban on the activities of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia, to cancel the closure of the Jehovah's Witnesses Administrative Center and to release all members of religious minorities who continue to be unfairly detained for so-called "extremist" actions. "

United Kingdom. Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Commonwealth Affairs
July 18, 2017
"We are deeply concerned that the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation rejected the appeal of Jehovah's Witnesses against a decision that labeled them as" extremists ". This decision of the court criminalizes the religious activity of more than 175,000 Russian citizens and contradicts the right to freedom of religion under the protection of the Russian Constitution. "

European Union. European External Relations Service
July 18, 2017
"Jehovah's Witnesses, like all other religious groups, should be able to peacefully enjoy freedom of assembly without interference, as guaranteed by the Constitution of the Russian Federation, as well as by Russia's international obligations and international human rights standards."

USA. The US Commission on International Religious Freedom
July 17, 2017
"Unfortunately, the decision of the Supreme Court demonstrates the government's ongoing attempts to equate extremists with those who peacefully enjoy the right to freedom of religion. Jehovah's Witnesses are not an extremist group and should be able to practice their religion openly, freely and without pressure from the authorities. "

The Federal Republic of Germany. German Chancellor Angela Merkel
2 May 2017
"I ... asked Mr. President to exert his influence to ensure the preservation of minority rights. This also applies to Jehovah's Witnesses. "

Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). The OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights
25 April 2017
"An unreasonable criminalization of the peaceful activities of members of Jehovah's Witnesses communities in Russia, the elimination of this community in the country, is disturbing. This Supreme Court decision represents a threat to the values and principles on which democratic, free, open, pluralistic and tolerant societies are based. "

Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe. The OSCE Chairman-in-Office on Combating Racism, Xenophobia and Discrimination
25 April 2017
"This prohibition, the persecution of peaceful people for mere worship, clearly violates the fundamental right to freedom of religion, and with it the international human rights standards guaranteed by the Constitution of the Russian Federation, so it is necessary to revise it as soon as possible."

Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe
April 21, 2017
"The recent decision of the Supreme Court to declare the Jehovah's Witnesses Administration Center in the Russian Federation an extremist organization, to close it and 395 local religious organizations of Witnesses raises serious concerns about freedom of religion in Russia, and also serves as yet another example of how anti-extremism legislation is used to suppress freedom of expression and peaceful assembly ".

USA. Commission for Security and Cooperation in Europe
April 21, 2017
"Russia's inability to observe religious freedom is yet another unforgivable violation of Moscow's obligations towards the OSCE. People who peacefully confess their faith should never be persecuted, fined or imprisoned. A court ruling on the confiscation of Jehovah's Witnesses' property to persecution adds humiliation. It remains to be hoped that this case will be appealed to the European Court of Human Rights ".

European Union. European External Relations Service
April 21, 2017
"Yesterday's decision by the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation to ban the activities of the Jehovah's Witnesses Administrative Center in Russia for" extremism "opens the way for criminal prosecution of members of the Jehovah's Witnesses organization for simply sending their religion. Jehovah's Witnesses, like all other religious groups, should be able to peacefully enjoy freedom of assembly without interference, as guaranteed by the Constitution of the Russian Federation, as well as by Russia's international obligations and international human rights standards. "

United Kingdom. Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Commonwealth Affairs
April 21, 2017
"The decision of the Supreme Court of Russia to recognize the organization of Jehovah's Witnesses as extremist is alarming. This decision actually criminalizes the peaceful dispensation of religious rites for 175,000 Russian citizens and is contrary to the right to freedom of religion enshrined in the Russian Constitution. The UK calls on the Russian government to comply with its obligations to protect one of the basic human rights. "

[...]and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah.--Ezekiet 39:7b

Edited by rocket

4 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

From jw-russia.org:

UN Urges Russia to Abolish the List of Extremist Materials

September 4, 2017

[...]and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah.--Ezekiet 39:7b

It's no wonder there is such a strong reaction to their ban from the international community. We can see that many Russians are interpreting the Supreme Court’s decision to mean that it’s open season on Jehovah's Witnesses and that they have permission to show their hatred. Another story also appeared today on jw-russia.org.

August 17, 2017 in the village. Nikonovsky (Ramensky district of the Moscow region) attacked a 56-year-old follower of the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses, as a result of which she was hospitalized.

So sad. Jehovah must becoming very impatient with that country now.

Edited by Sheep

Re: jw-russia.org

Jehovah's Witnesses will Appeal to the Presidium of the Supreme Court of Russia to Ban Them

11 September 2017

On September 11, 2017 at 11:30 a.m., lawyers of Jehovah's Witnesses filed a supervisory complaint against the decision of the Supreme Court to liquidate and ban all 396 registered religious organizations of Jehovah's Witnesses in Russia. The complaint must be scheduled for consideration by the Presidium of the Supreme Court of Russia within 3 months.

Believers are asked to completely abolish the decision of the Supreme Court of April 20, 2017 and suspend its execution until the end of the proceedings in the court of the supervisory instance.

The decision of the Supreme Court of Russia, which unreasonably classified the whole religion as "extremists", already led to the most negative consequences for believers in the form of dismissals , waves of religious hatred , attacks , police raids , criminal cases and imprisonment of innocent people.

The international community unanimously condemned this decision of the court.

The text (in Russian) of the supervisory complaint filed on September 11, 2017 in the Presidium of the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation can be download at jw-russia.org.

Our brothers "don't give up!" :bible2:

All praise and glory be to our God Jehovah!

Edited by Omoyeme

11 hours ago, Omoyeme said:

Re: jw-russia.org

Our brothers "don't give up!" :bible2:

All praise and glory be to our God Jehovah!

Oh my! How many levels are there in the Russian Supreme Court? It seems there are at least three if I'm counting right. I thought the next step was the ECHR.

Oh my! How many levels are there in the Russian Supreme Court? It seems there are at least three if I'm counting right. I thought the next step was the ECHR.

I heard Kafka is presiding...

Johan

🎵“I have listened to Jesus in these troublesome days,

He lights up my path.

As I hear and obey.”

EUROPEAN COURT OF HUMAN RIGHTS ACCEPTS THE APPEAL OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!!  :thumbsup:

From https://ria.ru/religion/20170918/1504977519.html

The ECHR Accepted a Complaint on the Liquidation of "Jehovah's Witnesses" for Consideration 

18/09/2017

MOSCOW, September 18 (Itar-Tass) - RIA Novosti. The European Court of Human Rights has accepted the complaint of "Jehovah's Witnesses" * for recognition of the organization and its liquidation, the website of the court said.

"The court communicated complaints of several banned organizations that were recognized in Russia as terrorist or extremist: Tablighi Jamaat, Aum Shinrikyo, Jehovah's Witnesses, Falun Dafa, Nursi, Al-Sunnah," the ECHR said.

Communicating the complaint means that the court found it possible to examine the problems posed in it and sends it to the authorities of the state, to which the applicants complain, with a proposal to explain their position.

Judge of the Supreme Court of Russia Yury Ivanenko on April 20 ruled to recognize the main organization of "Jehovah's Witnesses" in Russia as extremist and liquidate it. The court also decided to convert the property of the organization into state revenue. Subsequently, the Supreme Court of the Russian Federation recognized the liquidation of the organization as legal.
* Organization banned in Russia.

So soon?!  The ECHR has so many judicial cases to consider so,  I believed it would take a year or two for this case to come to fruition.  Yes,...we can see who truly is "driving this chariot"!  Let the glorious name of Jehovah continue to be praised!!! 

Edited by Omoyeme

To coin a phrase...sort of :blink:

"Who is the European Court of Human Rights, so that Russia should listen to it?"

Russia will just ignore the Court's finding/ruling, the same way they totally ignored our overwhelming proof of innocence

in the previous trials and appeals.:(

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

43 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Russia will just ignore the Court's finding/ruling, the same way they totally ignored our overwhelming proof of innocence

in the previous trials and appeals.

I agree.  Regarding the recent talk given by Brother Flodin, Russian authorities has very well proven that they're on the extreme "haughty" meter (Read: Pharaoh).  So yes, that may very well be the case; though I'd like to look at the "BIGGER PICTURE" in this situation:  That Jehovah's name is being declared in all the earth.