JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

9 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

Is she asking for help or daring anyone to come closer!? emoji33.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

She lives in a poor village in Cambodia that benefits from tourism. They ask for money if you want to take a photo. It's not much money at all (altho for them it's a fair amount), and too good a photo to pass up the opportunity.

This is the sort of housing many people live in in that part of the world...

still_river_shacks_by_ninthtome-d8gyyug.

26 minutes ago, Bjern said:

She lives in a poor village in Cambodia that benefits from tourism. They ask for money if you want to take a photo. It's not much money at all (altho for them it's a fair amount), and too good a photo to pass up the opportunity.

This is the sort of housing many people live in in that part of the world...

still_river_shacks_by_ninthtome-d8gyyug.

Thanks Brother Ben for letting us know of the young girls...backstory...I was wondering what the plan was for having

the snake...now I know the rest of the story.

Just now, Dove said:

So far from Paradise. Jehovah never meant for anyone to live like this....

Many people live with less.

This reminded me: I went to a history museum in Shanghai, and learnt about a town for the poorest of people of Shanghai sometime during the 20th Century. Apparently at its peek it had about one million residence...

20th_century__shanghai__life_on_the_outs

There's a series on Masterpiece theater right now about how the poorest of the poor lived in London in the late 1800's into the 20th century. It is almost unbelievable how they existed and that's all they did, from day to day. 

Hard to believe it was only a short 150 years ago and how they were surrounded by more affluent people who never lifted a finger to help them, in fact had tours to come and look at them like they were in a circus. They even believed the poor wanted to live like this because they were ignorant. Maybe made them feel excused to do anything to change it.

Of course, these and worst conditions exist even today all over the world. Satan's world.

Edited by Dove

One small crack doesn't mean you are broken; it means that you were put to the test and didn't fall apart..

56 minutes ago, Stoffer said:

Any other TPB geeks that thought of this during this week's WT study when it got to the part about marriage vows???

princess-bride-priest-mawwiage-mawwiage-

:lol:

I love TPB!

The sword fight is a classic!

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

2 hours ago, Tortuga said:

:lol:

I love TPB!

The sword fight is a classic!

The Pirate Bay? The Princess Bride? Tangy peanut butter?

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13