JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

Our little animal sanctuary now has ducks. This Mallard and his wife stroll through often, they were on their way to the garden and made a pit stop at the stump to eat the sunflower seed Lew put there last night! I wish they'd spend more time in the garden eating the slugs, guess I'll have to have a talk with them.

ducks.thumb.jpg.553b4df67bb9345171d7611fd8c1ce9a.jpg591666e8c4dc4_ducks2.thumb.jpg.b93db3e30d8f47b83cf69b2b94044fd5.jpg

Edited by bagwell1987

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

3 hours ago, Sheep said:

I managed to prove it. I loaded the image into PaintShop Pro and used the "dropper" tool to check the colour (Canadian, British and Australian spelling of color) combinations and other properties of each square. Both are the same.

Red: 108, Green: 106, Blue: 108

Hue: 200, Saturation: 2, Luminescence: 101

(Otherwise I wouldn't have believed it. My eyes see two different colours.)

Saw something about this on a National Geographic show named, "Brain Games".  The mind realizes there is a shadow there and changes the color of the square to make sense of it.

5 minutes ago, Loopy said:

IMG_0358.JPG

Good to know, been my problem for years.

I had that demonstrated to me after my wild ride to the EH with congestive heart failure. First thing the ER nurse said was the Docter had prescribed a shot, which she proceded give me. She hung a empty jug on the side of my bed and told me I would soon be urinating profusely. I told her I am to nervous and shy to use that jug with all the people going back and forth. She just said "You won't have to worry about that" and boy was she right! :D

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

5 hours ago, Old said:

Good to know, been my problem for years.

I had that demonstrated to me after my wild ride to the EH with congestive heart failure. First thing the ER nurse said was the Docter had prescribed a shot, which she proceded give me. She hung a empty jug on the side of my bed and told me I would soon be urinating profusely. I told her I am to nervous and shy to use that jug with all the people going back and forth. She just said "You won't have to worry about that" and boy was she right! :D

I can sympathize. I need to get blood tests done fairly frequently which always entails giving a urine sample. The nurses at our medical clinic have finally realized that I don't need to take the jar home overnight. All I need is ten minutes.

7 hours ago, Old said:

I told her I am to nervous and shy to use that jug with all the people going back and forth. She just said "You won't have to worry about that" and boy was she right! :D

:eek:

4c63c704-056f-4a98-b81a-d97ec674d090_300.jpg.53aad877365f6d53816a1eadca33e07a.jpg

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

After at least 40 years of not being able to be involved in my hobby of crocheting due to tendinitis in my wrist I'm finally back into it.

The problem started from pounding on a typewriter for 2 hours with no break. Also from writing 8-10-12 hours a day at my place at work. After retiring in 2009 I think the wrist finally had enough rest. Here's the result...not the greatest pic.

i just hope now that my addiction is back I don't screw up the wrist again.

IMG_0362.JPG

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

2 hours ago, Loopy said:

After at least 40 years of not being able to be involved in my hobby of crocheting due to tendinitis in my wrist I'm finally back into it.

The problem started from pounding on a typewriter for 2 hours with no break. Also from writing 8-10-12 hours a day at my place at work. After retiring in 2009 I think the wrist finally had enough rest. Here's the result...not the greatest pic.

IMG_0362.JPG

Pretty!!!  Are you making a scarf?

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

1 minute ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Pretty!!!  Are you making a scarf?

Nope. A ripple afghan. 

Its with verigated yarn. I just don't like all the black. O well. ☺

2 minutes ago, Loopy said:

Nope. A ripple afghan. 

Its with verigated yarn. I just don't like all the black. O well. ☺

Black brings out all the other colors.:D

Sophie's gonna love that even more than her thunder blanket.^_^

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

5 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

Black brings out all the other colors.:D

Sophie's gonna love that even more than her thunder blanket.^_^

That's true about the black.  But boy is it hard to work with that black. I really have to concentrate to find the loops. LOL

I still use the one that I made centuries ago. It's still going strong. 

5 hours ago, Loopy said:

IMG_0362.JPG

This is my favorite pattern. When I was 6 my babysitter, who was in her 70's, was making my mom one. This is it. It's now decades old and still in great shape.

afgan.thumb.jpg.3d3f83166a4a6e1b7ac5fa7483c77f77.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

17 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

This is my favorite pattern. When I was 6 my babysitter, who was in her 70's, was making my mom one. This is it. It's now decades old and still in great shape.

afgan.thumb.jpg.3d3f83166a4a6e1b7ac5fa7483c77f77.jpg

Gorgeous! 

I made 2 baby afghans for a lady I worked with. When her 1 kid was a teenager he was still using it. Yes, I've washed mine many times thru the years and still looks brand new. I'll have to get a pic of it and post it. It was Vermillin, pink and white. 

I'm so glad I can do this again. 

2 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

I wish you didn't live so far away, I want to learn how to do it.

I'll teach yah in the New Order. We'll have plenty time to learn. :D

I like crocheting better than knitting. :hammer:

Edited by Loopy

Ok, you're on! And I have a great memory for that kinda stuff!:yes:

I'll make food and we can have wine.....make it an event! This may take me a month or so, but I'm ok with that.

3 hours ago, Loopy said:

I'll teach yah in the New Order. We'll have plenty time to learn. :D

I like crocheting better than knitting. :hammer:

This is the instructions for the one I'm doing. I realize it will be lie reading Greek, but I think this is the same one I used way back when.

And just in case there's anyone that does create crochet out there.

IMG_0365.JPG

IMG_0364.JPG

This is the picture from the instructions. 

Edited by Loopy

6 hours ago, Loopy said:

That's true about the black.  But boy is it hard to work with that black. I really have to concentrate to find the loops. LOL

I still use the one that I made centuries ago. It's still going strong. 

...another reason to call you Loopy....:)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Loopy said:

This is the instructions for the one I'm doing. I realize it will be lie reading Greek, but I think this is the same one I used way back when.

And just in case there's anyone that does create crochet out there.

IMG_0365.JPG

IMG_0364.JPG

This is the picture from the instructions. 

I think I will follow this written pattern.  I frequently make them up as I go along. But I have tried the chevron, and one really needs to know when to change that stitch. My corners were not quite pointy. Thanks for the pattern.  I think I will try one in a large sizer to learn to spot the stitch changes. I don't always count. (bad, bad). I do prefer crochet over knitting. 

So, I was using this illustration in a car group (of all sisters) this week. I frequently have to do a wrap-around review with a Bible Student.  I likened it to knitting vs crocheting. If we drop a stitch in knitting, we generally  have to unravel and  go back to correct the error. But in crocheting, we can pick up a stitch from a previous row and camouflage a dropped stitch. So with our Bible students, we have to figure out if they are like knitters or crocheters. Some of our students carefully add one topic on top of another and add to their Bible information Base, incrementally. Most students need some coaching to pick up a stitch from a previous row because some new thoughts are being introduced as prior topical studying may not have been fully integrated.    Don't even get me started on tatting. 

And now that I am  studying our Sister's pix, I may have been doing that stitch correctly, when I tried it before. The points don't look a sharp as I thought they should be, after doing a row or two, but the final result really shows an obvious pattern.  Hmm. Always learning.

p.s. I think it's like the square A and square B thing.  Hmm (cubed)

Edited by kejedo