JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Post a picture... Any picture

My back yard is a pass through for wildlife. Bears, coyotes, deer, porcupine. We put up a fence along the side to keep the dogs out of my garden. We left a space of 20 feet off the end of the fence for wildlife to get through. I hung pink streamers from the fence for them all to see so as not to hit the fence. X( A bear hit the fence. How do I know it was a bear, the spot in the fence is bent in a round "poof"! I wish I could have seen it when it happened. Can you imagine it's confusion? Poor thing, but I'm still laughing.:yes:

So one of the fellas at work gave me some bright yellow tape to run through it. Wonder if it'll work?

You can see where the fence is bowed out. Getting stakes to put in between the fence posts to strengthen the fence, only needs to be strong enough for pups.....and wandering bear I guess.

590a6cac71f25_fence1.thumb.jpg.f0b0fb0193ec967557f6b025666f924b.jpg

fence2.thumb.jpg.810254c321abc47e7ed131f384f7b794.jpg

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

21 minutes ago, Precision said:

✔          

Uhmm. I think this is fake news. Anyone can see the "sign" was superimposed over the picture of the bus.

But on the other hand, who cares?

Gregg, here on the beach we didn't get out of the fog bank today. Is this pic from today or another day? Yesterday was absolutely beautiful. Got the lawn mowed and weed whacked and peas planted. But today..:nope:

Safeguard Your Heart for " Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" Matthew 12:34

10 minutes ago, bagwell1987 said:

Gregg, here on the beach we didn't get out of the fog bank today. Is this pic from today or another day? Yesterday was absolutely beautiful. Got the lawn mowed and weed whacked and peas planted. But today..:nope:

It was today about 1pm..

“Don't judge me on my past, I don't live there anymore.”

There's a story behind this photo that I took in Nairobi, Kenya in 2012.  A few minutes after the Sunday afternoon meeting ended at the KH, I went out to the parking lot to wait for my friend.  As I waiting, a bird flew right in front of my face to land on a nearby branch.  Seconds later, another one came to join the first one; then another...and another and finally 3 more were perched on the same branch!  (I realized that this was a family and quickly whipped out my Nikon D3100 (with 300m lens) to capture several shots--far and near.  I rarely see such beauty of the "birds of heaven" -- but I was ready this time.  My only regret is that the top leaves were obscuring some of the family members, but I think I got all 6? or 7? of them!  :)  Their colors are just beautiful.  A cinnamon bird! -- Birds of East Africa

Kenbirds1.jpg

Edited by Omo_Yeme

'Shot' may well be a questionable word in the world of Testudines (or Chelonii ) but perhaps not in general, imso. Tomorrow, I will tell you about today's photo-shoot, which by then will be a photo-shot (?). Then I'll have a shot and a bear (bad pun). I might even snap a turtle. And that's the long and the shot of it (as heard in Boston).  p.s. In my former Boston hoods,except in photography, nobody got shot; some got capped. :zipmouth:

47 minutes ago, Gregexplore said:

The bird was still alive after "shooting" LOL :crackwhip:

I shot this one as well....

391A5721.JPG

That's a Crimson Rosella. Beautiful! 

Edited by Loopy

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”