JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library - app

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3551 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I'm always so excited when I see JW Libary updating! Wow, what an awesome update. I'm sure ability to highlight an notate is coming soon - they've said it's coming for a while now on the JW App page on JW.org. I thought that would come in before anymore publications, but I'll take whatever they are willing and able to give! How wonderful!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

I'm always so excited when I see JW Libary updating! Wow, what an awesome update. I'm sure ability to highlight an notate is coming soon - they've said it's coming for a while now on the JW App page on JW.org. I thought that would come in before anymore publications, but I'll take whatever they are willing and able to give! How wonderful!

Hey Brige, i'm sure you already thought about what you said   ...  but you gotta have pubs BEFORE you have the ability to annotate, no?

Try the uninstall/reinstall again, but this time, before you uninstall, go into the application settings of JW Library and clear the cache and all the data files. Then uninstall and re-download and install the app.

I tried what you said four times. Cleared the cache and all the data files. Then uninstall and re-download and installed the app. with the same results crash after taping publications. If I clear the data and restart the app I can get the Bible and daily text to works as before but when I click on publications it crashes again. Oddly enough each time 213 MB shows in data whereas on my other tablet 214 MB shows.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Hey Brige, i'm sure you already thought about what you said   ...  but you gotta have pubs BEFORE you have the ability to annotate, no?

No Tim I didn't need the pubs to want to highlight and notate - I wanted the ability to do that in the bible that came with that app. Right now I've downloaded the Bible in epub format in another reader so I can highlight and makes notes in it but would love to just be able to do it in the JW Libaray app.

I tried what you said four times. Cleared the cache and all the data files. Then uninstall and re-download and installed the app. with the same results crash after taping publications. If I clear the data and restart the app I can get the Bible and daily text to works as before but when I click on publications it crashes again. Oddly enough each time 213 MB shows in data whereas on my other tablet 214 MB shows.

Do both tablets have the exact same version of Android on them? Could one have ICS and one kitkat? Some times different versions will report data differently. Any difference, like one having an external SD card, etc?

Do both tablets have the exact same version of Android on them? Could one have ICS and one kitkat? Some times different versions will report data differently. Any difference, like one having an external SD card, etc?

Neither have kitkat, both have external SD cards. Both are 2013. I think the Apps are installed on the internal memory. My son is camping and not answering his phone so I cannot ask him if his App updated properly. His Tablet is a 15GB like his mothers.

Mine is also a 2013 version with 15GB. I have not installed an external SD card. I updated the JW library app and the publications work fine. Maybe uninstall the SD card and try the installation again? Maybe for some reason some of the data is getting installed on the external card? If it works, you can always put the card back in.

I wonder if it's a matter of some applications that are installed on the different tablets. In addition to mix of things. I've had no problems on my nexus 10,7,Moto g, and Galaxy s4. It's happy sailings for me. I don't have a lot of extra free programs on my devices. I kinds keep it to necessities and frequently used apps. Just a thought. ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I have a cheap T-Max and it updated just fine. My daughter has a Galaxy phone and that worked fine also. However, on their tablets, Galaxy notes (2013) they all have problems. They can open the Bible, but it crashes on any of the other publications.

I there are many having these problems, I would look for another update soon - one to fix this update

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Mine is also a 2013 version with 15GB. I have not installed an external SD card. I updated the JW library app and the publications work fine. Maybe uninstall the SD card and try the installation again? Maybe for some reason some of the data is getting installed on the external card? If it works, you can always put the card back in.

I'll give that a try because I noticed in MY Files under jw-library-html there is big difference in the KB's recorded in the 15GB tablet compared with mine. primary content is 11 kb compared to 3 kb on mine; Image content is only 0 kb compared to 199 kb on mine and summary.html is 24 kb compared to 26 kb on mine. Both tabs have the info for the app under the internal mem folders.

I don't know if that means anything because I opened several publications on mine and I don't know if the pub info is downloaded as needed or just how that part works.  Off to try your idea.

I have a cheap T-Max and it updated just fine. My daughter has a Galaxy phone and that worked fine also. However, on their tablets, Galaxy notes (2013) they all have problems. They can open the Bible, but it crashes on any of the other publications.

I there are many having these problems, I would look for another update soon - one to fix this update

I am and Musky is trying to help me with a few ideas in this thread.

Looks like a nice review of the tablet. It's the first I've heard of it. I got my 1st Gen nexus 7 (32gb) for $40 more because staples was going to the Gen 2 model. And for storage (since it has no SD card) the I use a silicon power 32gb otg adapter for each nexus device.

Ashley

post-4555-0-41816400-1404780791_thumb.jp

post-4555-0-13696800-1404780802_thumb.jp

post-4555-0-10642600-1404780818_thumb.jp

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

The T-Max is bow $79 at SAM's Club.

It does not have vast amounts of internal memory, but if you just refrain from loading apps you really don't need (like all those games) it will work just fine for Witness needs.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Tried it but it didn't help.

I updated my ipad2, my windows 8.1, and my galaxy note (2013) with no problems

No Tim I didn't need the pubs to want to highlight and notate - I wanted the ability to do that in the bible that came with that app. Right now I've downloaded the Bible in epub format in another reader so I can highlight and makes notes in it but would love to just be able to do it in the JW Libaray app.

I understand now, forgot that you wanted it for the Bible - thanks for the reminder, hopefully soon.

Well, you've gone to the well once to often, I'm out of ideas. I will do some research and get back to you.

Can I use my "Stump the Moderator" line now? (hhehe)

And for storage (since it has no SD card) the I use a silicon power 32gb otg adapter for each nexus device.

Since my tablet has WiFi and my PC is connected via WiFi, I drag and drop documents between the two.

That way I can make use of my terrabytes of hard disk to store tablet files on.

I also have an OTG cable and 32GB USB drive, so I use those for extra storage when I'm OTG.

I have just updated my JW library on my Galaxy Note 10.1, my caregiver ( also my adopted Mom ) who has the  same tablet, same Android version, but a different build version has not been able to update. Now I'm pretty tech savvy, so any suggestions how I can get past this?

( For the Mods... Sorry if I have posted this in wrong forum, please move if that is the case :) )

Thanks!

quotes

"For I dipt into the future, far as the human eye could see; Saw a vision of the World, and all the wonder that would be" Alfred Tennyson