JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library - app

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3552 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Anyone else having trouble opening the other Bible translations? I have an Android tablet, it auto updated but I couldn't select other than the NW 13 Revised....I uninstalled and reloaded but to no avail, it still doesn't list any other translations so you cant compare....

I talked with a young Brother at the Hall this afternoon, regarding this issue, and he said it was the same for him....

Edited by tekmantwo

Mine works fine on my phone and on my tablet. I just tap on the "globe" icon to the right of the title "New world translation" in the menu bar and the choices of the other Bible versions pops up. If I tap in the top, left corner, I get the menu with the song book, Daily text, etc. 

Well, thank you sir, it is working now....I wonder why it didn't earlier?...The WiFi at our Hall was nonfunc today and maybe I was just having a senior moment...I dunno, works now, life is good.....thanks.:-)

Don't worry we all have our ups and downs... but I can assure you it had nothing to do with wifi not working because once you downloaded the app all the different translations are available offline.

:bouncing:

If Satan reminds you of your past remind him of his future.

My sister was used to the swipe up and release technique on her phone that when she tried to do the same with a Kindle she borrowed she got confused. I'm guessing the society noticed this as well and decided to unify the gestures across screen sizes.

Edited by Trey

Dear friends - I have asister who has sent me this request for help. If any of you can understand it and have anything to offer, I would appreciate it!

"This ap sent me a notification that there was an update for my library, I went to the google play store and updated, now it won't work at all even though it says it is loaded.  I uninstalled the ap, then reinstalled the new ap, again it says it is installed successfully but it still won't open.  It tries then after a while, says it can't and asks if I want to "force stop" or "report" and there is no other option, not even to keep waiting.  Does anyone else that you know have this problem?  I have an older droid system, but it shoud still work except for a couple of things according to the description."

The Bee

If the new ap is larger than the old one it is possible that she now is at the "max" limit of the memory on her tablet. Sometimes there is enough space to load an ap but not enough to run the ap.

She may need/try deleting some aps she no longer or doesn't really use/need and see if it helps.

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Willow, after the app is uploaded tben it has to be installed..in the play store she will see the blue line showing the upload, then another blue line for the install..then it will show"open" when it is finished..sometimes it takes a minute the first time on my phone..Also my app is touchy..if you tap several items too fast it will go black ... then I have to wait..then it says app has stopped..ok? Tap ok..It doesn't mean the app is not there!,

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

I just received an update. Not sure what it was for. I see no difference. Did anyone else get it?

It was just a bug fix. The Daily Text was one day ahead, it now shows the text for today. Nothing major.

Hey sis I managed too get to the correct site but it tells me that I need 2gb of physical memory, can someone tell me what is it I need to do or is there anything that I can do?

Thanks

Are you sure you are getting the correct app. Google says it only uses 101Mb - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.jw.jwlibrary.mobile

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....