JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library - app

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3552 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

How do I get the updates?

On an Apple device there is an icon called "app store" click it and you'll see the updates.

What device do you have this on?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

On an Apple device there is an icon called "app store" click it and you'll see the updates.

What device do you have this on?

I have it on an Android phone and a Kindle Fire tablet. I suspect the updates are not available for those devices yet.

I have it on an Android phone and a Kindle Fire tablet. I suspect the updates are not available for those devices yet.

That is correct. When they are available, go to the Google Play Store and look for "my apps". All available updates are there.

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

mine is showing only two versions

What device are you using it on and remember ONLY Apple devices have received the update - so far?

Soon .....

Vernalee after reading the verse just tap the arrow and it will take you back to your place and also at the end of the watchtower all of the verses are at the end so that you do not have too do all the scrolling

Aren't you in the wrong thread?!

It seems that you're talking about ePubs ;)

I have from the looks of it available in ePUBS and PDF, I am not that IT intellect and although my JW Library is downloaded on my PC I did not think that there was that big of a difference and I believe there is a better way too inform one of an error especially for bros., brother

Sis Margaret when I open my Library on my PC it is in my publications with the other literature it is just that only the Elders can download it.

I suspect we're not talking about the same thing.  I think Si Little is talking about the Watchtower Library CDRom and this topic is about the JW Library app for tablets and smartphones. 

The Watchtower Library CDRom has Kingdom Ministries from previous years.  Elders can download current issues of the Kingdom Ministry straight from JW.org.  This download feature is not, however, available to everyone.  The APP JW Library does not have any Kingdom Ministries in it at all.

Edited by Shawnster

Does anyone know when the JW app update will be available for the Android platform? A brother told me to get an IPad when I was first considering buying a tablet. He said and I quote "all the brothers up at Bethel use iPads. When new releases come out they're released first for the Apple platform." I thought he was just saying that because he is an Apple geek. I prefer the Android platform. I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 phone and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. I guess I'm an Android fan. But now...I see that he was right. Oh well, must be patient.

Does anyone know when the JW app update will be available for the Android platform? A brother told me to get an IPad when I was first considering buying a tablet. He said and I quote "all the brothers up at Bethel use iPads. When new releases come out they're released first for the Apple platform." I thought he was just saying that because he is an Apple geek. I prefer the Android platform. I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 phone and a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3. I guess I'm an Android fan. But now...I see that he was right. Oh well, must be patient.

You're right, he is probably an Apple Fanboy. :)

It actually takes longer for to update an app on the Apple system because they need to be approved by the "Apple board". I think the brothers know this so they made the update for Apple first to get a head start, The Android app has at least one feature that is not yet in the Apple version. I'm sure an update for Android will be released shortly. But, nobody can say when that will be.

A brother told me to get an IPad when I was first considering buying a tablet. He said and I quote "all the brothers up at Bethel use iPads. When new releases come out they're released first for the Apple platform."

Personally, I find that Android is much more flexible in apps and data storage. So far, two in my hall have had all their iTunes data (years of MP3s and PDFs) wiped from both their iPads and their PCs, due to a single incident where one tried to charge their iPad on the PC of the other. Apparently it had to do with syncing issues, where selecting the "do not sync" button really means "delete all files from the tablet", and "sync this device" means "delete all files from the PC".

On Android, the PC sees the tablet as just another storage device, so anything with a compatible plug will charge it flawlessly, and nobody's files get deleted in the process.

We'll get it soon enough. It is not like we don't have the day text and song book at all. My little JWReader app works just fine with a nice day text widget  :bouncing:

Wishing you all the best!!!!

Soon .....