JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library - app

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3559 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

also got lost after step 2 on my iMac - any further specific direction how to find step 3 play store/market?   ...  real slooow tech adapter - but have to learn, thank you.

Is there a magnifying glass icon in the upper right-hand corner, under the time, when you first start up like in this picture?

bluestacks-for-mac-loading-app-search.pn

If so, type in JW Player there and it should find it in the app store. 

Bit of history here. On my computer, it was disconcerting to even go to JW.org because I had to wade through apostate garbage to get there. I just stopped using the site. (Now I know how to avoid the garbage, but I didn't then) Then came the iPad and apps. It is so wonderful to click and get to where you intended.

With my iPad, (thank you friends) I can now go back and forth from notability and the bible.

I don't have internet in my iPad yet, so I downloaded our new app on my Samsung phone. (I know, brain, morphed) so I downloaded the it on my phone, and tried to do the same for JW.org. I ended up bookmarking it. But this happened. I, on the phone, saw, "new light, 2013". Off I went. There our dear brothers were, sharing information from the 2012 annual meeting. Then this writing popped up. Those apostates! I clicked it off. But made me mad.

But friends, it is serious. We had a dear family. The brother, an elder, doing CO fill in. (When a CO was not able to, well, follow his schedule) anyway. He had his wife, three grown kids, and their mates in the truth. He is now a publisher, period, and the rest of his family went apostate. Even his wife. It was the apostates on the internet that started this chain.

We had a talk Thursday on interfaith. He compared interfaith to mixing Clorox and ammonia. Deadly.

So, realize it or not the tools that Jehovah has given us are a gift in so many ways.

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

Bit of history here. On my computer, it was disconcerting to even go to JW.org because I had to wade through apostate garbage to get there. I just stopped using the site. (Now I know how to avoid the garbage, but I didn't then) Then came the iPad and apps. It is so wonderful to click and get to where you intended.

With my iPad, (thank you friends) I can now go back and forth from notability and the bible.

I don't have internet in my iPad yet, so I downloaded our new app on my Samsung phone. (I know, brain, morphed) so I downloaded the it on my phone, and tried to do the same for JW.org. I ended up bookmarking it. But this happened. I, on the phone, saw, "new light, 2013". Off I went. There our dear brothers were, sharing information from the 2012 annual meeting. Then this writing popped up. Those apostates! I clicked it off. But made me mad.

But friends, it is serious. We had a dear family. The brother, an elder, doing CO fill in. (When a CO was not able to, well, follow his schedule) anyway. He had his wife, three grown kids, and their mates in the truth. He is now a publisher, period, and the rest of his family went apostate. Even his wife. It was the apostates on the internet that started this chain.

We had a talk Thursday on interfaith. He compared interfaith to mixing Clorox and ammonia. Deadly.

So, realize it or not the tools that Jehovah has given us are a gift in so many ways.

Unfortunately there are still lots of people that go to jw.org by writing it on the google search bar rather than the browser address bar! This saturday a brother was telling me that he doesn't go to often to our site but the day before he was trying to go there and was surprised by a news link on us... all deadly apostate information that got him very upset and desconcerted!!! When I asked him how was he trying to go to the site he just told me that he wrote "jw.org"... after trying hard I found out that he was searching for "jw.org" which is the guilty thing here... after some inquiries I found out there are lots of brothers doing it that way! I was so :o :o :o..... After a lot of work I was able to explain to them how important to it is to make a bookmark or else write it in the address bar. The apostates are everywhere like a virus. They don't need more than just the few sentences the Google search preview gives... and the desiese is set...

Before (www.watchtower.org) was harder to write but now? How easier can it be than just two letters?

I just finished copying and pasting all the scriptures from the JW Library App

into the God's Will brochure on my phone for the lessons this week! Phew! took 2 hours..can't wait

for the pubs.on the App!

:tea:

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

Unfortunately there are still lots of people that go to jw.org by writing it on the google search bar rather than the browser address bar! This saturday a brother was telling me that he doesn't go to often to our site but the day before he was trying to go there and was surprised by a news link on us... all deadly apostate information that got him very upset and desconcerted!!! When I asked him how was he trying to go to the site he just told me that he wrote "jw.org"... after trying hard I found out that he was searching for "jw.org" which is the guilty thing here... after some inquiries I found out there are lots of brothers doing it that way! I was so :o :o :o..... After a lot of work I was able to explain to them how important to it is to make a bookmark or else write it in the address bar. The apostates are everywhere like a virus. They don't need more than just the few sentences the Google search preview gives... and the desiese is set...

Before (www.watchtower.org) was harder to write but now? How easier can it be than just two letters?

Maybe the answer is a browser that just gives you jw.org (only half joking!).   Perhaps the upcoming research tool will help here?

It is the same jw library that installs on a smart phone or tablet and is being discussed in this thread. It works the same, everything is there.  I have a 27" monitor so it is awesome. 

The name of the app is BlueStacks - Do an internet search for it.

1. Download the app.
2. Install the app on your pc (win or mac)
3. Attempt to access the Play Store (called the Market in the tool)
4. Link a Google Account, perhaps one without 2 step validation (if you don't know what that is then you don't have to worry.
5. Search for the jw library app on the play store (inside the BlueStacks app) download the jw library
6. Run the app, done deal.

Myself I got totally lost trying to get it up and running, so the instructions above is the best I can do.

Thank you,I finally got as far as getting it "partially" installed on my iMac - however it only displays the 2013 RNWT on the left side and nothing on the right side - on my iPhone and iPad it shows the other 5 translations on the right side   ...   how do I get this app to show me the other 5 translations on my Mac the way it does on my pad and phone? 

I have a Window 7 machine but if I understand you correctly it displays the same as your iMac. To get the other (4) translations, click on a verse number and a separate window will open. At the top are the three selections for footnotes, marginal references and translations. Click the back arrow at the bottom to go back one page or the jw.org logo at the top to go the the Chapter selection page. Also you might have a problem with the pages moving to fast using the mouse wheel but this is overcome by holding the left mouse button down while going up or down the page.

The Computer version is close but not quite the same as the apps for other devices.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

That's right, you have to click on the Verse Number to get the other translations. I found it impossible to make the mouse scroll so it was useless  on my computer.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

My, "ah ha", moment. Thanks, brother. But I must confess, it will take longer then a moment, but at least I have something to work with! Thanks again.

Tah-dah!

Just got back from circuit assembly. I was able to take notes and read scriptures, all with my iPad, as well as the songs. All the time, recording the program. A huge thank you to this site, and those that helped me. Such a wonderful two days!

I want to age without sharp corners, and have an obedient heart!

That's right, you have to click on the Verse Number to get the other translations. I found it impossible to make the mouse scroll so it was useless  on my computer.

Did you try "holding the left mouse button down while going up or down the page?"

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

Nope, but I decided that I probably wouldn't be using it on my computer anyway, so I just removed it. I have enough aggravation in my life without getting aggravated with the computer.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

It's "chepil"  The app is JW-Bible NWT  (on iPad) I don't know if there is an Android version.

It has footnotes, crossreferences, other languages with dual screen displays if required, songbook is included, possible to add audio too (online and offline).

Bookmarks and notes. fast search.  Supports Arabic too!

This app has now been updated to include the 2013 revision.  :)

The first screenshot is from 4 weeks ago.12,379 reviews. (Apple App Store)

The second screenshot is from today. 259 reviews. What happened?

From today:

The amount of reviews shown are for the current version. To see total reviews for all versions you have to go to the app details -> reviews -> all versions

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with everyone about this new app from the society. It is a great tool! I'm really looking forward to two things:

1) Foreign language versions. In my case, Tagalog.

2) More publications such as the WT Library on CD has.

In fact, if we could duplicate the CD library on the tablet, it would be amazing. Not only would it be a fantastic tool for personal study, it would be great in the ministry as well. I've already used the JW.org app in the ministry to very good effect. In fact, householders have asked how to download it for themselves!

@Chris: Have you registered at meekspace and checked out the files we have in Tagalog? We are converting more and more of our publications and  study material files to Tagalog.

Ah, interesting.  I haven't done much association on line given all the cautions the faithful slave has given about chat rooms and such. I'm learning how to navigate the web in a safe way.

Will register at meekspace when I get home and have access to my CD library. Thank you for the lead.

Musky, you are fantastic! Thanks!

I'm supposedly the computer geek in our family, but never had much interest in tablets. My wife, who never touched a computer, came back from a sister's house and asked my to buy her a tablet. Ask may be the wrong word. She hounded me for days, waking me up in the middle of the night. I finally relented.

So glad that I did! I'm sold. The possibilities for personal study and meeting preparation are endless. The file you just gave me will be a great help when I give Bible highlights next week and the service meeting part next month. Whew! Thank you!