JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library - app

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3547 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

That will not work on the older Kindle Fire's I don't know about the newer ones. I just tried to put it on the Kindle Fire that I gave to my sister and it is not compatible. Maybe it's going to work on the Kindle Fire HD"s.

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

That will not work on the older Kindle Fire's I don't know about the newer ones. I just tried to put it on the Kindle Fire that I gave to my sister and it is not compatible. Maybe it's going to work on the Kindle Fire HD"s.

I just chatted with Amazon on the internet and they said this:

This app is not compatible with the Kindle.'

That's the reason it's not showing up on your Kindle device.

So, there's why we can't get it.

Amazon lists the app as incompatible with my mother's first generation Kindle Fire. Thankfully, this version can be rooted and the Google Play Store can be installed. Running it for the first time took a good minute or two, but it eventually came up. I noticed that in runs like a phone version instead of a tablet version like on my iPad, most likely because the first gen KF runs a fork of Gingerbread. I wanted to install an official Kindle version, but this will have to do. 

post-2690-0-91269200-1381353418_thumb.pn

My Kindle Fire is a 1 st edition too but I can't get it to install. I keep getting the message that it is incompatible with my device. I wonder what's the difference?

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

My Kindle Fire is a 1 st edition too but I can't get it to install. I keep getting the message that it is incompatible with my device. I wonder what's the difference?

That's the point.  Unrooted or stock 1st Gen Kindle Fire's are incompatible.  You can only install the app if you root your device.

Kindle, like the Nook, have software limitiations in place.  These software limitations limit what you can and cannot install on your tablet.  The only way to get the full benefit is to root or jailbreak or remove these limitations.

This may have been mentioned as I haven't read this whole thread but if you install BlueStacks you  can install jw library (Now just the Bible) on a windows 7 or Mac desktop or notebook. All you need is a google account. I have the instructions if anyone is interested.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

could you Pm me instructions lynn , also when you say only the Bible does that mean no other Bibles KJV ect..... 

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

They are all there. That's what made me want it.

It is connected somehow to Amazon. All the apps I ever bought for the Kindle Fire are available. After it  is installed you have to request the WT Lib app and it will ask you if you want to download it. It's really pretty cool.

Edited by GrumpysWife

could you Pm me instructions lynn , also when you say only the Bible does that mean no other Bibles KJV ect..... 

It is the same jw library that installs on a smart phone or tablet and is being discussed in this thread. It works the same, everything is there.  I have a 27" monitor so it is awesome. 

The name of the app is BlueStacks - Do an internet search for it.

1. Download the app.
2. Install the app on your pc (win or mac)
3. Attempt to access the Play Store (called the Market in the tool)
4. Link a Google Account, perhaps one without 2 step validation (if you don't know what that is then you don't have to worry.
5. Search for the jw library app on the play store (inside the BlueStacks app) download the jw library
6. Run the app, done deal.

Myself I got totally lost trying to get it up and running, so the instructions above is the best I can do.

I  and yes I got a bit lost too ,I noticed I did not get the interlinear on my app on the PC

once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing strips with plaid is easy. Einstein

I  and yes I got a bit lost too ,I noticed I did not get the interlinear on my app on the PC

Yes, I noticed that also. One other difference is in the Appendix. If you click on a Scripture it will go to a blank screen.

This may have been mentioned as I haven't read this whole thread but if you install BlueStacks you  can install jw library (Now just the Bible) on a windows 7 or Mac desktop or notebook. All you need is a google account. I have the instructions if anyone is interested.

Tried it on my laptop, but you need 2gb.

One good practical feature is the ability to change font size.  Now this will be good for any with poor eyesight and need extra large print, especially since the 4-volume edition will no longer be produced.  So now you can have a large font size, without the weight and bulk of the volumes.

I would also think that if you have poor eyesight and use the app because of that, you could use a tablet on the platform for giving talks or bible readings, but that would be an exception rather than the rule.

One good practical feature is the ability to change font size.  Now this will be good for any with poor eyesight and need extra large print, especially since the 4-volume edition will no longer be produced.  So now you can have a large font size, without the weight and bulk of the volumes.

I would also think that if you have poor eyesight and use the app because of that, you could use a tablet on the platform for giving talks or bible readings, but that would be an exception rather than the rule.

Although a four-volume edition is no longer being made, there will still be a large print Bible. Perhaps with all the enhancements in the newest revision (New font, 13% less Bible text, smaller index, etc.) they were able to make everything fit into one volume and maintain the same level of readability.

When I think about it, he never mentioned the dimensions of the large print Bible. Maybe they are going old-school and it will be as thick as some of those old green Bibles. :D

WOW! I haven't seen this much joy, since the convention in August watching the new ones being baptised! Seems as tho everyone is hopping on the jw library train. Hold my spot, as I will join as soon as lunch  is over. I had  thought of returning my kindle hd, but am really quite happy I'll be able to get the application worth it's weight in gold!

Reading all the posts, I was surprised there wasn't comment, one, about the color of the icon being purple, and it's signifigance. When I first saw it, I thought of those dear ones who lost their lives in the world wars, because they refused to give into the pressure to renounce their faith, as they knew the end of all things woud be their reward.

Reading all the posts, I was surprised there wasn't comment, one, about the color of the icon being purple, and it's signifigance. When I first saw it, I thought of those dear ones who lost their lives in the world wars, because they refused to give into the pressure to renounce their faith, as they knew the end of all things woud be their reward.

What a sweet, warm reminder to all of us. I thank you!!

‘So keep yourselves in expectation of me,’ declares Jehovah. (Zephaniah 3:8)

Although a four-volume edition is no longer being made, there will still be a large print Bible. Perhaps with all the enhancements in the newest revision (New font, 13% less Bible text, smaller index, etc.) they were able to make everything fit into one volume and maintain the same level of readability.

When I think about it, he never mentioned the dimensions of the large print Bible. Maybe they are going old-school and it will be as thick as some of those old green Bibles. :D

They said it will be like the one we received only large print. The last ONE volume large print Bible before the Rbi8 was the third revision with footnotes 1971. Black hard back with red edges and the same size as the Rbi8.

post-204-0-76518100-1381466154_thumb.jpgpost-204-0-67394600-1381466156_thumb.jpg

Edited by lynn

I doubt if the new one-volume large print will have the same large font used in the 4-vol edition, even with all the changes.  It would have to be a very bulky book.  That is where technology is coming in to play.  You can have whatever font size you need to read with something a thin like a tablet.

And when they add magazines and books to the app, some brothers may feel they no longer need to order large print editions.

I am looking forward to more icons on the bottom of the screen!

The best thing for me is that we now have an electronic version of the Interlinear. That is so cool. The reference Bible is still my favourite Bible, but I do use the 4 volume large print to make notes in - better for my eyes and a lot more room to write in.

When we can annotate the app, maybe that will change, it's easier to change notes when we get increased light if they are electronic and not pen or pencil!