JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library - app

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3547 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Here is a screenshot of the same chapter in PDF and from the app. Not only is the app bible way easier to navigate, but you have all the other bible translations and they are right there. By clicking on another icon you have all the footnotes, and by clicking yet another icon you can see the cross reference scriptures of the verse you're reading. The actual written out scriptures.

These screenshots are from an ipad. On an android tablet it might look a bit different.

post-2920-0-26160900-1382182929_thumb.jp

post-2920-0-19160000-1382182951_thumb.jp

I used the app at the meeting on Wed night and it was easier than all the other Bible apps out there. Even going back and forth from my Mantano Reader and the new app was awesome and very fast. I just love using it. Now I can take the rest of the Bible apps off of my tablet and just use this one. There is one I will keep because it has the Insight book on it. 

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.

lynn, on 09 Oct 2013 - 5:39 PM, said:snapback.png

This may have been mentioned as I haven't read this whole thread but if you install BlueStacks you  can install jw library (Now just the Bible) on a windows 7 or Mac desktop or notebook. All you need is a google account. I have the instructions if anyone is interested.

If all you can get is the Bible without the other translations, why not just download the 2013 NWT from the jw.org web site? What's the difference? 

Because it is the same with only a few differences from the app used on a tablet or smart phone. The only Bible missing is the Kingdom Interlinear. All other Bibles are there.  The advantage is the size of type. 

post-204-0-26467300-1382195095_thumb.jpg

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

While we don't have the full set of books and magazines on our official app you may consider this one. It's the first app that I'm aware not being just a shortcut to the WOL and it can even save the entire WOL for offline use... seems very good

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jvillella.watchtowerlibrary

Edited by jayrtom

While we don't have the full set of books and magazines on our official app you may consider this one. It's the first app that I'm aware not being just a shortcut to the WOL and it can even save the entire WOL for offline use... seems very good https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jvillella.watchtowerlibrary

I installed it on my Nextbook. It didn't give me an option to move it to my SD card  :(.  Many of my apps do. How do you save for offline reading?

I installed it on my Nextbook. It didn't give me an option to move it to my SD card :(. Many of my apps do. How do you save for offline reading?

There is an icon of a disquette on the left of every topic (bible, insigt, magazines,etc...) press on it and it will fetch that material to offline

u5epery9.jpg

Edited by jayrtom

If all you can get is the Bible without the other translations, why not just download the 2013 NWT from the jw.org web site? What's the difference? 

My bad - I thought what Lynn was saying (with the Bluestacks download) was you only get the 2013 NWT - not the other translations. But I guess you get ALL the features of the app. Of course - that is MUCH better.

The Bee

I managed to downloaded everything with that app, except the Bible and Insight volumes.  It appears to download them, but actually doesn't.  But it seems to one of the best of the WOL apps available.

What device are you using? I have a Nextbook Premium 8 HD Tablet. Are you able to save it to an external SD memory card?

There is an icon of a disquette on the left of every topic (bible, insigt, magazines,etc...) press on it and it will fetch that material to offline u5epery9.jpg

I installed it on my Nextbook. It didn't give me an option to move it to my SD card  :(.  Many of my apps do. How do you save for offline reading?

No option for any language other than English?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

No option for any language other than English?

The developer replied to one his reviews about having made an app in Spanish and his reply was

"In Español eh? I don't remember making it in that language...though I could have been half asleep when I did and simply have forgotten :S"

So it doesn't sound like his app is multilingual.

The difference is huge! Have you tried using the app against using a pdf file? :o

No - I have not actually seen the app - or any app for that matter! Being on a very fixed income, can't afford a smart phone or the monthly plan. (I tried getting it on my netbook by following the instructions to download "Bluestacks" but you have to have at least 2GB RAM and mine only has 1GB so that didn't work for my situation.) I would like very much to find a cheap tablet in order to get the jw library app but haven't really gotten to see a tablet long enough to get to check anything out. Have gone to several stores to try to see them and get help from the sales people but so far I've found people that are barely more literate than me.

There are a lot of older ones and those on limited incomes that have not had this privilege. There are also some who go and buy one not really understanding how to use them. I don't know why but they all seem to come to me (when I'm clueless!) for help deciding how to get into this new field. I've asked some brothers if they would please help these dear ones but so far, no one has the time. We have a couple elderly pioneers with no family who are eager to learn in order to assist them in the ministry. It would be great if someone would teach a group of fairly literate ones (like a "train the trainer" kind of thing) and then those could help the less informed. All we really want is to be able to utilize the app in the ministry.

The Bee