JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library - app

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3559 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

There is an icon of a disquette on the left of every topic (bible, insigt, magazines,etc...) press on it and it will fetch that material to offline u5epery9.jpg

I am using the above image to explain a problem I'm having.

I downloaded several books for offline use, and it worked fine for a brief time. However, the last few times I tried to use it, when I start the application I see the menu on the left side for a brief second, then it "rolls up" (for lack of a better word), and I no longer have the "books" or "insight" links. Is this a known problem?

Thanks,

Sylvie

I downloaded several books for offline use, and it worked fine for a brief time. However, the last few times I tried to use it, when I start the application I see the menu on the left side for a brief second, then it "rolls up" (for lack of a better word), and I no longer have the "books" or "insight" links. Is this a known problem?

Thanks,

Sylvie

I had this.  You will need to go to settings --> apps --> watchtower library.  Then either clear cache, or clear data.  You will need to re-download the data.

I had this.  You will need to go to settings --> apps --> watchtower library.  Then either clear cache, or clear data.  You will need to re-download the data.

Thanks Jonathan. I did what you suggested and that appears to have fixed it. Did you have it happen more than once, or was it a one-time glitch?

Oh, I thought Kindles were all from Amazon since it seems Amazon maintains the Kindle app market. But, I don't know much about them.

EDIT: I see what you're saying, the "app" is not on Amazon! Sorry, I misunderstood!

Has anyone found out how to put the jw library app on a kindle fire HD yet?

I use PLAnoid on my tablet, and PLAnet on my windows mobile pda.  Both contain everything on the cd plus a lot of bibles and older books plus fairly updated mags and books for current year. Older base android app is here under files as are web pages to get some updates. App is 9.6 for android. Have had to uninstall and reinstall for auto update to work. It likes emulated storage on device! Current year web page - PM me if you have at least 100 posts on this site here.

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Thanks,

Sylvie

What's that app ?

"O the depth of God’s riches and wisdom and knowledge! How unsearchable his judgments are and beyond tracing out his ways are!"

- Romans 11:33 -

What's that app ?

@Flow...The App being discussed by Sylvie is called Watchtower Library (from the Play Store for Android)

The other App mentioned is JW Library..our official App for reading our new 2013 Revised Bible..

The reason some of us are using "Watchtower Library" App...it takes you to WOL (Watchtower Online Library)

and retrieves the information quickly with the option to "save for offline" use the books, mags, etc. from

our WOL site...the problem is, sometimes the saved publications become "un-saved" so you have to clear the data

and start over!

I look forward to our new JW Library App updating to include the publications! Meanwhile, some are using this other App!

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

• 1 month later...

What's New in Version 1.1.0
• Sing to Jehovah and Examining the Scriptures Daily—2014.
• Quick access to today’s daily text.
• Shortcut to Watchtower ONLINE LIBRARY.

Only available on the Apple App Store for now. The Bible interface has also been redesigned. Scriptures in publications open in the sidebar. Songs in the songbook can be viewed with notes as one long page or without like the Lyrics Only edition. The WOL shortcut opens the link in your browser. It doesn't open in the actual app.

Edit: Here's some screenshots:

post-2690-0-79538100-1391004182_thumb.pnpost-2690-0-43809400-1391004190_thumb.pnpost-2690-0-63696600-1391004202_thumb.pnpost-2690-0-81566000-1391004204_thumb.pnpost-2690-0-78740100-1391004206_thumb.pnpost-2690-0-43175000-1391004208_thumb.pn

Edited by Trey

I clicked on the app   ?   ...   looked around!  ?  ...   now what>?   ...   please explain how to access these New pubs you've found added  

Edited by Shawnster

Since mine is set to allow automatic updating ..... I'm sure I should get it as soon as it is ready :thumbsup:

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Looking through the new files in the app I found some image files for a "Meetings" button in the navigation bar. The image is a picture of a calendar. Maybe we'll have a way to look up meeting times/locations from within the app?

Also of note is the fact that the new wire-frame globe icon used to switch bible translations is internally referenced as "tab bar languages". I think the globe icon gives more of an idea of languages than translations as well, so I'm guessing they decided to use an icon they already had prepared that was not in use rather than making a whole new icon set.