JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library - app

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3551 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Angela, I am not that familiar with Windows 7 (still on XP -- yeah I know...) 

On my system you click on the "start" button on the bottom left corner of the screen. Then *right* click on "my computer" and then left click on properties. It will say how much memory your computer has.

Bro. Jerry this is for my windows 7 and I do not have the device needed so I thought I could use the bluestacks and download it but It says I need 2gb of physical memory and I am not sure what that is.

Ahh, BlueStacks needs 2 gigs. I don't know why that is.

If you are using Windows 7, why not just run the WTLibrary CD?

Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Bro. Jerry this is for my windows 7 and I do not have the device needed so I thought I could use the bluestacks and download it but It says I need 2gb of physical memory and I am not sure what that is.

You need 2gb of free hard drive space. Check your hdd free space and delete any useless files you may have then try again

Also the recomended RAM is 4GB but it may run with less. Just try cleaning your hdd files to get more space as increasing the RAM will need additional hardware and depends on the pc...

Ahh, BlueStacks needs 2 gigs. I don't know why that is.

If you are using Windows 7, why not just run the WTLibrary CD?

Bluestacks is refered to a nice app player that allows to run android apps on win7/xp and mac

http://www.bluestacks.com/app-player.html

I guess the sister also wants to have OUR app... I would if I had a windows 7 instead of an android ;)

Windows 8.x when in live ( signed in with live account, with tiles showing -on internet all the time, as opposed to local user, with desktop showing -which I am usually signed in as on my puter ) has JW Lib app also.

I use a Free start menu for win 8.x  http://www.iobit.com/iobitstartmenu8.php   with control panel as a menu ( do same -control panel as menu for win 7 and xp. )

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping:

Anyone notice this on the jwlib page of jw.org?

" Coming Soon

• Highlighting and notes: Highlight portions of the text and make notes as you study.

• Additional publications: Read and study books, magazines, and brochures published by Jehovah’s Witnesses."

It's there since launch (Oct13)

but it's sooner now than then ;)

João, I am sure you are right. I just didn't notice it before. Perhaps this is the same reason we are reminded again and again about important things. We tend to forget or overlook matters.

I have to say that I am itching to see these improvements come through, particularly the addition of books and brochures, so that I can use them in the ministry.

Bro. Jerry we have not received the WT Library cd at our Congregation as of yet, do not know what the hold up is but we do not have them.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway, but I would have done that but I can't.

We got ours last Monday night. You will get them eventualy.

Edited by mserskine

• 1 month later...

Question.  A bible student that is coming to the Hall has a Kindle.  When using the JW Library app, she can only get the songbook to display lyrics only.  She'd like to see the notes as well.  Where is the icon to switch from lyrics only to lyrics and notes?  I tried looking on her tablet tonight after the meeting and didn't find it.  

post-272-0-22541100-1397786178_thumb.png

In a song top right between the Aa and the clock.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

If she has an older kindle then no she cannot change it. From Amazon "Note: For Kindle Fire 1st Gen., Sing to Jehovah includes only the lyrics"

Look under latest updates.

http://www.amazon.com/Jehovahs-Witnesses-JW-Library/dp/B00FN811SY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1397844290&sr=8-1&keywords=jwlibrary

Edited by Mykyl

Question.  A bible student that is coming to the Hall has a Kindle.  When using the JW Library app, she can only get the songbook to display lyrics only.  She'd like to see the notes as well.  Where is the icon to switch from lyrics only to lyrics and notes?  I tried looking on her tablet tonight after the meeting and didn't find it.

I Have a Kindle Fire HD and the icon to change it is to the left of the clock symbol. Not sure about other Kindles.

Thats why I was asking here.  I'm also going to suggest she uninstall and reinstall.

My son tried to download the jwlibrary ap, on my kindle fire. All that we got is the bible. Handy for reading daily, but my next move is a tablet, or android.

My son tried to download the jwlibrary ap, on my kindle fire. All that we got is the bible. Handy for reading daily, but my next move is a tablet, or android.

If he already has a kindle fire 1st generation the best thing to do is to root it and install the full android experience with a new rom... Then he can have the regular android version of jw library

• 3 weeks later...

I just downloaded JW Library this morning. With all the appendix material in the new NWT 2013

that you can put up full screen on your computer, it is amazing for study. And not to speak of all

the Bible books and other reference material it puts right at your fingertips. One thing that maybe

some of the rest of you can help me with. I haven't figured out how to bring up the other translations

on the screen. Also is this program set up so you can do a side by side comparison of translations ?

That would truly be helpful in study.

GStorrs46

I just downloaded JW Library this morning. With all the appendix material in the new NWT 2013

that you can put up full screen on your computer, it is amazing for study. And not to speak of all

the Bible books and other reference material it puts right at your fingertips. One thing that maybe

some of the rest of you can help me with. I haven't figured out how to bring up the other translations

on the screen. Also is this program set up so you can do a side by side comparison of translations ?

That would truly be helpful in study.

GStorrs46

Click on a verse number---on the upper right side you will see *= for footnotes -- a= for marginal references -- 1= for other translations

you will not see any of this unless you click on a verse number. Hope this helps

The clock by the way is your history.

hope this helps

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25