JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Library - app

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3551 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I have just updated my JW library on my Galaxy Note 10.1, my caregiver ( also my adopted Mom ) who has the  same tablet, same Android version, but a different build version has not been able to update. Now I'm pretty tech savvy, so any suggestions how I can get past this?

( For the Mods... Sorry if I have posted this in wrong forum, please move if that is the case :) )

Thanks!

On page 20 and 21 of this thread you will find numerous things that have been tried to fix this problem to the frustration of many. An update to the update is what is needed.

What have we tried?

uninstall and re-install numerous times

deleting the jw library data and cache in settings before uninstall and re-install

deleting all files relating to jw library in My Files

unplugging external sd card

Note: even though taping publications will cause the app to crash one can get the Bible and daily text to work by deleting data in Settings/Application Manager/App info  close out Settings and then restart App.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

I mistakenly said that I updated my Windows 8.1.

anyone know how soon that will be out?

No.  the Windows 8 app is still at version 1.1.1, whereas the Android and Apple ones are at 1.3.  For some reason the Windows app is draging behind, still waiting for 1.2 (I think it was to do with making it work with Windows Phone as well that took the time, but I could be wrong).

So excited!

I got an awesome surprise today. My Samsung needed updating last night.

Then today I go to use the Bible on this app.  WOWZZERS!!!! There was my book study. & some new tracts.

Cool!!!!.. Love the new additions.  :ecstatic:  :ecstatic:  :ecstatic:

"It's a known fact that eighty decibels of rushing water is one of the most pleasing sounds known to mankind. On other hand, ten and a half days at sea is enough water for anybody." 

This app is the most amazing...I updated the app for my iphone/ipad that I use at the meetings and it's so awesome to have the study books there (school and draw close book).  I noticed that the app has not been updated yet for windows so checked out the website to double check.  I can't wait for future updates ... it says:

Coming Soon
  • Bookmarks: Save your place so that you can easily find where you were last reading.

• Additional publications: Read and study books, magazines, and brochures published by Jehovah’s Witnesses.

• Highlighting and notes: Highlight portions of the text and make notes as you study.

Love that we will be able to do our studies all in one app - amazing.  We are being fed so fast and so easy - it's like intravenous!!  

Amos 4:12, in part: ".....Get ready to meet your God, O Israel."

My husband and I both have the Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 n8013, one month apart in manufacturing date. The JW Llibrary update worked fine on my tablet, but it kept stopping on my husbands tablet. We repeatedly uninstalled/reinstalled, reset the tablet to factory settings and talked to a tech at Staples, where we bought it, but nothing worked. We called a dear brother who is a long time friend and we spent 2 hours on the phone with him trying varies things. We eventually did a firmware update using the Samsung Kies program that we had installed on our laptop for backing up our tablets. We had to plug the tablet into the laptop and the firmware update took about half an hour. The firmware update installed a newer kernel OS and it fixed the problem. My husband, who is the school overseer is now able to use the entire JW Library. I hope this helps anyone else having this problem, which seems to be unique to the Samsung Note tablets.

My husband and I both have the Samsung Galaxy note 10.1 n8013, one month apart in manufacturing date. The JW Llibrary update worked fine on my tablet, but it kept stopping on my husbands tablet. We repeatedly uninstalled/reinstalled, reset the tablet to factory settings and talked to a tech at Staples, where we bought it, but nothing worked. We called a dear brother who is a long time friend and we spent 2 hours on the phone with him trying varies things. We eventually did a firmware update using the Samsung Kies program that we had installed on our laptop for backing up our tablets. We had to plug the tablet into the laptop and the firmware update took about half an hour. The firmware update installed a newer kernel OS and it fixed the problem. My husband, who is the school overseer is now able to use the entire JW Library. I hope this helps anyone else having this problem, which seems to be unique to the Samsung Note tablets.

Thanks for the info. I have the same problem and will be giving this a try.

The firmware update installed a newer kernel OS and it fixed the problem. My husband, who is the school overseer is now able to use the entire JW Library. I hope this helps anyone else having this problem, which seems to be unique to the Samsung Note tablets.

Question: Do you know if the new OS is kit kat? Best Buy told me that kit kat would be very slow on my tablet.

Question: Do you know if the new OS is kit kat? Best Buy told me that kit kat would be very slow on my tablet.

No the update is still android version 4.1.2

The kernel version and build number are different.

This app is the most amazing...I updated the app for my iphone/ipad that I use at the meetings and it's so awesome to have the study books there (school and draw close book).  I noticed that the app has not been updated yet for windows so checked out the website to double check.  I can't wait for future updates ... it says:

Coming Soon

• Bookmarks: Save your place so that you can easily find where you were last reading.

• Additional publications: Read and study books, magazines, and brochures published by Jehovah’s Witnesses.

• Highlighting and notes: Highlight portions of the text and make notes as you study.

Love that we will be able to do our studies all in one app - amazing.  We are being fed so fast and so easy - it's like intravenous!!

Yippee! We already have two out of the three!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

:bouncing:  :bouncing: :bouncing: :bouncing:

Yeh, it worked?

To fix crashes with JW Library (Latest update) Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2013-2012)

Download and install Samsung Kies on your desktop or notebook computer.

Start Samsung Kies.

The program will promp you to plug-in your tablet via USB port.

A pop-up will alert you first off to a FIRMWARE update.

Run up-date.

Close program on computer.

Install JWLibrary on tablet.

Problem should be solved!

Recommended to use Keis to backup your tablet.

:bouncing:  :bouncing: :bouncing: :bouncing:

Yeh, it worked?

To fix crashes with JW Library (Latest update) Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2013-2012)

Download and install Samsung Kies on your desktop or notebook computer.

Start Samsung Kies.

The program will promp you to plug-in your tablet via USB port.

A pop-up will alert you first off to a FIRMWARE update.

Run up-date.

Close program on computer.

Install JWLibrary on tablet.

Problem should be solved!

Recommended to use Keis to backup your tablet.

I'm so glad it worked for you, hopefully this is the fix for others who are having similar problems. My husband has restored and reinstalled most of the programs, files and apps that were deleted when we did the factory reset and everything seems to be working right. It seems like his tablet is working better that before the firmware update. He is very glad to have his tablet working again especially with the TMS school link and the entire JW Library. Glad I could help and share what we learned. :)

I'm so glad it worked for you, hopefully this is the fix for others who are having similar problems. My husband has restored and reinstalled most of the programs, files and apps that were deleted when we did the factory reset and everything seems to be working right. It seems like his tablet is working better that before the firmware update. He is very glad to have his tablet working again especially with the TMS school link and the entire JW Library. Glad I could help and share what we learned. :)

I sent a ticket in to the link on jw.org help link with the above info.

I was reading the reviews on the google play store with jw library and i saw the same info as what you posted. There were a number of users having the same problems but like myself they may not read all the reviews to find the fix. I had to narrow the reviews down to my tablet as there were so many reviews.

Has anyone noticed there was a new update???

It's a good one. The four videos are on there now: Why study the bible? What happens at a bible study? What happens at a Kingdom Hall? And the new one: Using JW.org to share the good news...

How great is that? So convenient! Just this week I showed the bible study video in service. The app I used is ok, but this is so much easier. Now if only highlighting would be added...

post-2920-0-11042100-1406548899_thumb.jp

Has anyone noticed there was a new update???

It's a good one. The four videos are on there now: Why study the bible? What happens at a bible study? What happens at a Kingdom Hall? And the new one: Using JW.org to share the good news...

How great is that? So convenient! Just this week I showed the bible study video in service. The app I used is ok, but this is so much easier. Now if only highlighting would be added...

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Yes, Jasmin. We have been discussing it here: http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/16287-new-update-for-jw-library-app/

The video "Using JW.org to share the good news..." does not seem like the other three, like it's made for using in the Ministry. But maybe I'm wrong. Has there been any instruction about the video? A letter read? I seem to remember something, but not from any of my meetings. Maybe it was a spoiler on here? Can't find it though.

The video "Using JW.org to share the good news..." does not seem like the other three, like it's made for using in the Ministry. But maybe I'm wrong. Has there been any instruction about the video? A letter read? I seem to remember something, but not from any of my meetings. Maybe it was a spoiler on here? Can't find it though.

The video is for us. It is to help us understand why using jw.org is being promoted. It should encourage the friends to buy a tablet to use in the ministry.

Watchtower August 15 2014, p5

However, you can remain spiritually strong whether you have access to our Web site or not. The slave has worked hard to provide enough printed material to keep each domestic spiritually well-fed. Therefore, you should not feel obligated to buy a device just to access jw.org.

Edited by Jonathan77

Watchtower August 15 2014, p5

However, you can remain spiritually strong whether you have access to our Web site or not. The slave has worked hard to provide enough printed material to keep each domestic spiritually well-fed. Therefore, you should not feel obligated to buy a device just to access jw.org.

Read my post more closely,

to buy a tablet to use in the ministry.

This video was not directed to us to keep 'spiritually strong', but it was telling us about a whole new field that is now open for cultivation. It is to reach a people that 'speak a different language', that communicate better using the internet, smart phones, emailing etc.