JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

If you’re “ugly”

I do not think we will change much. Think about why we think someone is ugly or someone is pretty? It's most always what we were taught is ugly looking and what is pretty looking. Someone "ugly" May not have anything wrong with them so why would we think they are ugly? How do we even know what ugly is since it's only what society determines. Think about what's in "style" how many times will you say that's out of style? Well where did that idea that what you were looking at was out of style? It shows our opinion of what is style has changed. This world change styles and people don't even realize it's basically not their opinion what to wear it's just what somebody tells them is good looking. I believe the same is very samilar to our physical appearance.

I forgot the story about Winston Churchill...

During WW2 he was at some kind of gathering and as he stumbled to get his coat to leave he bumped into a woman. She turned and saw his state and said, loudly, "Mr Churchill! You are drunk, very drunk!"

Churchill paused and then gave his measured response as he looked her up and down. "Madam, you are ugly, very ugly. But, in the morning, I shall be sober!"

Who is adamant, Brigette?I would be adamant that I need some 'fixing up' so I'll be more attractive to my wife when she's resurrected. As for varieties, I'm sure there will be more than you expect.Daily I wonder what my girl will look like on that day...

I was talking to Gregexplore when I said that in reference to his post #12, I was kidding with him about it.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

At first, I thought I was looking at a sad young man, until I scrolled down, saw the title of the painting..........I had to take pause.

I thought everyone knew Demons were spirit creatures, we don't know, what color they are, if any.......quite interesting, I must say.

Oh, thanks for the website.

Edited by 1gemstone

To actually be beautiful - just another reason Jehovah gives us to endure this UGLY system of things. That reminds me - Satan is no doubt a beautiful spirit creature but how many of us actually think of the word "beautiful" when we think about Satan? Not even wordly people think of him as beautiful and they don't know the full extent of his ugliness like we do! Satan will definitely stay UGLY till the day he dies.

Apparently, he was quite a looker if we could actually see him with our eyes....

“You were the model of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in E′den, the garden of God. You were adorned with every precious stone —Ruby, topaz, and jasper; chrys′o·lite, onyx, and jade; sapphire, turquoise, and emerald; And their settings and mountings were made of gold. They were prepared on the day you were created. I assigned you as the anointed covering cherub. You were on the holy mountain of God, and you walked about among fiery stones. You were faultless in your ways from the day you were created until unrighteousness was found in you.” Ezekiel 28:12-15

Even still....

“. . .And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light.” 2 Corinthians 11:14

But we know how ugly he really is.

There is an expression "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and there is much truth to that. You can take anyone, and give them the proper clothes and a hairstyle that fits them, encourage them to smile, and look! they are beautiful too.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

We should not let the world govern our attitude of what is beautiful or ugly. '

It is both abnormal and untrue to think that if you do not look beautiful or handsome, others will take

no interest in you. Some may choose friends according to physical appearance, but what of the inter person if it is dull, self center, and not real loyal friend, this one maybe pretty outside but ugly inside.

Now a so call ugly person may have moral standards, helpful person, caring person and one can be loyal friends, would make that one more beautiful then what those who call them good looking. 

Proverbs 11:22 Like a gold ring in the snout of a pig Is a beautiful woman who rejects good sense.

1 Peter 3:3, 4  3 Do not let your adornment be external
—the braiding of hair and the wearing of gold ornaments or fine clothing— 4 but let it be the secret person of the heart in the incorruptible adornment of the quiet and mild spirit, which is of great value in the eyes of God. 

Beautiful fade away in time, but in Jehovah eyes the secret person of the heart is more valuable to him.
Magazines, newspapers, and television advertisements bombard people with images of the ideal body and what real beautiful person should look like.  But that is Satan Propaganda, not Jehovah.

Proverbs 16:31  Gray hair is a crown of beauty When it is found in the way of righteousness.

Many today look down on old people but that is the way of the world, not Jehovah’s ways, or his people.  That is way we need to make our minds over

with Jehovah ways of viewing people.     

Job 33:25  Let his flesh become fresher than in youth; Let him return to the days of his youthful vigor.

To me, we should not look a people looks, and say this one is ugly and that is beautiful, for none of us can see the inter person or read the

hearts. Jehovah has promised in the coming new world that he will reverse the effects that inherited sin has had on all his loyal ones, old and young.  So let wait on Jehovah to see what his plan is for perfect loyal lover of Jehovah.  Maybe what we were taught was ugly, is really not so.

Have you ever had the experience of first meeting someone and your first impression is....."this person is a little homely".

Then you get to know them and like them a lot.... Suddenly you're thinking... "This person is somewhat attractive".

Sounds strange, but I've had that experience.

I believe as it's been mentioned,.. The inner person definitely affects our perception of the outer person. In the new world that will be the most important thing (the inner person).

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

I've always thought that we will have our basic physical body in the new system...but anything that was due to a genetic defect or anomalies due to lack of proper nutrition, etc...would be corrected as we gradually grow back to perfection.  Such as if you have an overbite or an underbite.  Or if you are 2 inches shorter than you were meant to be due to lack of nutrition...especially true of those living in 3rd world countries.  I think after the 1,000 years...everyone will be uniquely beautiful...and everyone will be satisfied with the way we look.

Edited by Brenda

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

Apparently, he was quite a looker if we could actually see him with our eyes....

“You were the model of perfection, Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty. You were in E′den, the garden of God. You were adorned with every precious stone —Ruby, topaz, and jasper; chrys′o·lite, onyx, and jade; sapphire, turquoise, and emerald; And their settings and mountings were made of gold. They were prepared on the day you were created. I assigned you as the anointed covering cherub. You were on the holy mountain of God, and you walked about among fiery stones. You were faultless in your ways from the day you were created until unrighteousness was found in you.” Ezekiel 28:12-15

Even still....

“. . .And no wonder, for Satan himself keeps disguising himself as an angel of light.” 2 Corinthians 11:14

But we know how ugly he really is.

There is an expression "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and there is much truth to that. You can take anyone, and give them the proper clothes and a hairstyle that fits them, encourage them to smile, and look! they are beautiful too.

*** w02 9/15 p. 30 Questions From Readers ***
Questions From Readers
• Is Lucifer a name that the Bible uses for Satan?

Has this scripture changed our previous thought on Satan's appearance?  I recently asked an elder this...he said he'd get back with me. (2 weeks ago)

The only reason I asked is a bible student asked me:  Is it possible to blaspheme Lucifer?  In doing research I ran across this QfR article.  

So do the scriptures give us any indication as to what Satan's appearance is?

Edited by Brenda

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

*** w02 9/15 p. 30 Questions From Readers ***

Questions From Readers

• Is Lucifer a name that the Bible uses for Satan?

Has this scripture changed our previous thought on Satan's appearance?  I recently asked an elder this...he said he'd get back with me. (2 weeks ago)

The only reason I asked is a bible student asked me:  Is it possible to blaspheme Lucifer?  In doing research I ran across this QfR article.  

So do the scriptures give us any indication as to what Satan's appearance is?

Brenda, we had quite a discussion not too long ago about Ezekiel 28 and whether it applied to Satan.

It seems the GB has applied it to Satan in the past but currently there's some reluctance to do so. They don't say either way for sure.

I hope I copied the link right. http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/13194-was-satan-the-overseer-of-the-garden-of-eden/?p=241690

Carlos even wrote to the branch and he shared their response at that link above. Check it out.

"If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem." (tu)  

All spelling and grammatical errors are for your enjoyment and entertainment only and are copyright Burt, aka Pjdriver.

Have you ever had the experience of first meeting someone and your first impression is....."this person is a little homely".

Then you get to know them and like them a lot.... Suddenly you're thinking... "This person is somewhat attractive".

Sounds strange, but I've had that experience.

I believe as it's been mentioned,.. The inner person definitely affects our perception of the outer person. In the new world that will be the most important thing (the inner person).

I've felt this way before. I've also felt the opposite way. They seem like an attractive person, but have a lousy personality and seem less attractive.

I always ( since learning the truth circa 1970 ) thought Lucifer referred to the shining one of Babylon, the dynasty of Nebuchadnezzar. Thus not Satan, although they have similar bad traits.

Satan was portrayed as a higher form of angel, all angels being beautiful, Satan especially so, and like Absalom - it went to his head. Will have to do more current research.

Edited by pnutts

Consciousness, that annoying time between naps! :sleeping: