JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

After a billon of a billon years

Imagine in a billion billion years, in Paradise of course. Wherever we are, on Earth or elsewhere. 
You arrive in a small village during a trip and you are warmly welcomed, you are invited to a small party that very evening.
So you sit around a nice fire, and looking around, you consider the families around you. There are children, their parents, their grandparents, several generations, who want to get to know you.
And then, when they ask you where and when you are from, you tell them that you are from the old world. Immediately, everyone understands that you have more than 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 years old... 
Yeah, that's 18 zeros...

The people around you are globally, let's say, less than 100 years old, at most a few centuries old, ok a thousand... it's a young settlement.

Our generation (Old world people (Bible + Armageddon + 1000 years resurrected)) is quite unique for the entire eternity... that's crazy

What do you think about this ?

Just anticipating : we-don't-know-yet-we'll-see-when-we'll-be-there-the-most-important-to-consider-now-is-our-effort-to-get-in-paradise-now-etc... thank you for the reminder, now back in the topic. :D 

1 hour ago, Dages said:

Imagine in a billion billion years, in Paradise of course. Wherever we are, on Earth or elsewhere. 
You arrive in a small village during a trip and you are warmly welcomed, you are invited to a small party that very evening.
So you sit around a nice fire, and looking around, you consider the families around you. There are children, their parents, their grandparents, several generations, who want to get to know you.
And then, when they ask you where and when you are from, you tell them that you are from the old world. Immediately, everyone understands that you have more than 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 years old... 
Yeah, that's 18 zeros...

The people around you are globally, let's say, less than 100 years old, at most a few centuries old, ok a thousand... it's a young settlement.

Our generation (Old world people (Bible + Armageddon + 1000 years resurrected)) is quite unique for the entire eternity... that's crazy

Just anticipating : we-don't-know-yet-we'll-see-when-we'll-be-there-the-most-important-to-consider-now-is-our-effort-to-get-in-paradise-now-etc... thank you for the reminder, now back in the topic. :D 

The number with 18 zeros is Quintillion. 

1 hour ago, Dages said:

That is impressive. Yet there comes a point where that different won't mean anything.

Jesus has lived for billions of years. But there will come a point where the age difference between Jesus and us will be negligible. :)

2 minutes ago, carlos said:

Jesus has lived for billions of years. But there will come a point where the age difference between Jesus and us will be negligible. :)

Exactly... so how future people will look at our generation is almost fearsome.

Edited by Dages

I can tell you one thing.

In the future there will be a moment where I will ask you ..how long do you live?

Can you count each billion of years verbally ?..like 1 billion, 2 billion ...3 billions...4 billions ...107 billions...349 billions years...etc

And you will need trillions of years just to count those billions of years that you have already lived! :)

If we meditate upon this, we start to see what everlasting life means!

Mind boggling. 

Glasses Calculate GIF by nounish ⌐◨-◨

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I wonder how fast the change or the development of knowledge, technology and civilization will be.

Countless people already living in countless planets.. the birth of people and civilization will be so extensive and explosive simultaneously all across the universe at such a mind-boggling scale and rate..

so many new things, novels, movies happening all at once at countless planets one will never be able to even count at alone enjoy.

okay let me first live my first 10,000 years

because that alone feels like forever for me.

Edited by Hotteok

If I survive Armageddon, I will be older than my father and grandfather when they get resurrected.  (Of course, if I am part of the resurrection, that all changes.)

I have been known to tell someone, who was 50 years younger than myself that, in a million years, I will be 1,000,000,075 and they will be 1,000,000,025.  Whatever!  We will both be over 1 million years.