JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New World: Outer Space

1 hour ago, Forward you Witnesses said:

In the New World, Jehovah makes another covenant with abraham "I will make you into a great planet! And from you, many systems of planets will be inhabited by your offspring."

At first i thought jehovah will give a few of us at a time an assignment to cultivate a planet, using a gardner ship (basically a giant ship that has one of every type of organism from earth.) - like the ark.

but then i thought about genesis 1, God didn't just stop after making the earth and everything on it, no, it says he rested. When adam and eve partook of the fruit, the verse doesn't say that jehovah was there at the time. In Fact he came later as if he was strolling through the garden. obviously he knew what was happening, but he had other things to do, like make other planets.

Have you ever seen a painter? or a sculptor? they don't stop! they want to keep making new things, from new inspiration!

Therefore i have come to the conclusion that we won't be taking animals or such across to other planets, rather jehovah will do what he does best. He will create new animals, new plants, new ecosystems. He will probably give us a little starting kit like eden and we will be there as the caretakers and cultivators of that "eden" on mars or venus or who knows where. Then we expand that garden out across that entire planet. that way we can truely enjoy the creation of jehovah. 

If we where given just the ecosystems that we have on earth, eventually we would reach a point where we would know everything about it, but this way we will never truely understand it all!

Praise Jah!! The God of all gods, and lord of all lords. the one true creator and father of all living things.

Personally I believe so far this part of the galaxy is a safe place for us. There are some galaxies will not be inhabited because of events that happens there. If our other planets in our solar system is not a safe place to live on, then I would think that there are some galaxies might not be a safe place too and I would think Jehovah attended that way.

On 9/1/2022 at 3:52 PM, carlos said:

The Bible doesn't say, so we don't know.

But if you think about humans having children forever, at some point the earth would be full. So if you put that together with an infinite universe containing an infinite number of planets, IMO it's quite likely that Jehovah intends us to fill the universe after we fill the earth.

yeah true if we notice the pattern Jehovah dealt he doesn't reveal everything at a time.he reveals stage by stage.if he intends us to fill the universe in due time hell reveal.

(New Genesis 1:28) After a 1000 years God blessed the inhabitants of Earth, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the universe and subdue it, and have in subjection the creatures of the sea and the creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on all the planets.”

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

10 hours ago, Dustparticle said:

our other planets in our solar system is not a safe place to live on

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/08/science/apollo-moon-colony-dangers.html?unlocked_article_code=1.9Ew.-zmn.cEEILJMGwpPU&smid=url-share

The Moon Is a Hazardous Place to Live   July 8, 2019

Beyond the obvious hazards that arise from a rocket flight, zero-gravity nausea and a risky landing, the moon itself can be deadly.

When the Apollo astronauts walked on the moon, the dust clung to their spacesuits, scratched their visors and made their eyes water and their throats sore. It damaged the seals on the boxes of rock and soil that they brought back to Earth. It even smelled like gunpowder inside the lander.

Lunar dust, which is composed of shards of silica, is fine like a powder but it cuts like glass.

Edited by Imagine

8 minutes ago, Imagine said:

It even smelled like gunpowder inside the lander.

It didn't smell like cheese??? :eek:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

1 hour ago, Imagine said:

the dust clung to their spacesuits, scratched their visors and made their eyes water and their throats sore.

I did an after-school program for Rockwell Collins where they were building the parts for the space station. It was before the first module went up when the space station seems like a Sci-Fi dream. I came in first in a contest I can't remember what it was but the price was you got to sit in the seats that belonged to the module that came back from the Moon. My legs were longer than expected and my right knee got stuck between two pieces of equipment. The person in charge got some tools and loosened the seat so that I could get out and when I try to push real hard to get my knee loose my hand slick and it felt like my finger got cut by a razor blade. There was this black stain on my finger and the guy remarked that it's lunar dust and the stuff still stains whatever rubs against it. And yes my finger stung for a little while. It took over a week for that black stain to go away completely. That Moon dust is nasty stuff

4 hours ago, Tortuga said:

(New Genesis 1:28) After a 1000 years God blessed the inhabitants of Earth, and God said to them: “Be fruitful and become many, fill the universe and subdue it, and have in subjection the creatures of the sea and the creatures of the heavens and every living creature that is moving on all the planets.”

(New Genesis 1:28) After 183 Quintillion years God blessed the inhabitants of Universe, and God said to them:

“Go (boldly 🤣) and explore beyond the edges of Universe, see the things I created there. 

space drama GIF by Star Trek

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

I will do the same. I hope, Jehovah and his heavenly Government will help us, by construction from a secure and shorter way, to reached our target for traffic in the Universe. Maybe 🤔 with Alcubierre-Drive, Worm-Hole, 🌌-Gates, Stargate or a combination from all. My wish: a Planet very similar like Pern, from Anne Mc Caffrey's 📚. But Jehovah's will comes first!

• 1 month later...

I will take this topic in a different direction, in addition to the idea of us exploring the universe. Humans have not found a boundary or limit to the universe, we have no idea how far physically it stretches. And what really argues against the idea that we are not the only non-spiritual, intelligent creations of Jehovah? I will stop short of calling them humans, as that may be a term reserved for this earth. But again, I am speaking of living creatures, other than those in the spirit realm, who are also worshipping Jehovah faithfully. I believe that quite possibly there are others out there we do not know about. Consider these thoughts.

If considering that Jehovah has existed forever, which makes more sense? That he waited until only about 6000 years ago to create creatures like ourselves, or, that we are just one in a long line of like creations? To me, it seems more reasonable that we are not the first. And what if there have been others with similar capabilities to earthly humans, that did not fail a test from a tempter, or perhaps were never tested in the way our original parents were? With millions or billions of years of mental and physical perfection, where would they be now regarding technology, including space travel?

In the past, some have countered my leaning by pointing out that there are no living ones mentioned in the Bible except for spirit creatures and earthly humans. But my thought is this: So what, that does not negate the possibility of their existence. The Bible is for us, humans on this planet, an instruction/owner's manual for life on this earth. It contains a brief history of our origin, instructions for life, a troubleshooting guide for when things don't work, and a warranty, or guaranty on how things will be corrected. It is not meant for anyone else, not the spirits in the heavenly realm, or any other. There is no need of it to mention anyone else but us, the angels, Jehovah, the Christ, Satan and his companions.

My analogy is this: What if you visited my home and saw a new Westinghouse brand appliance I had just purchased. Imagine that you make the comment that Westinghouse is a very large manufacturer of various products, even of outdoor power generators. So I counter that thought and state that I don't believe that they make generators, and I say I can prove it. So, I get the owner's manual for my new Westinghouse microwave and show you that it doesn't mention generators, so therefore Westinghouse must not manufacture them. It's the same concept. Just because our owner's manual doesn't mention other creatures in outer space, (other than in the heavenly realm), doesn't mean they aren't there.

So in the future, we may get to meet some of our far flung neighbors, in our, or their, travels.

13 hours ago, Dages said:

That's an issue with Genesis 3. If they were faithful, they would prove Satan is wrong already, so no need for all the Bible story.

Or it could be that the angel, with free will, who became the Satan we know of, started his rebellion with our first parents. Thus, the other non spiritual creations I mention were never tested. Certainly a lot of unanswerable questions, but I just think that when considering how extremely young that we humans are, compared to Jehovah, it is very possible that we are not alone in the entire universe.

14 hours ago, davanz said:

Humans have not found a boundary or limit to the universe, we have no idea how far physically it stretches.

In Babylon 5, they talked about an area "beyond the rim" almost as if they were talking about heaven.  Later on in the show, they revealed what they meant by the "beyond the rim" was just space that had not been explored yet.  They could see stars "beyond the rim" but until the area was explored it was referred to as "beyond the rim."

59 minutes ago, davanz said:

Or it could be that the angel, with free will, who became the Satan we know of, started his rebellion with our first parents. Thus, the other non spiritual creations I mention were never tested. Certainly a lot of unanswerable questions, but I just think that when considering how extremely young that we humans are, compared to Jehovah, it is very possible that we are not alone in the entire universe.

That doesn't answer the issue.

Having other non spiritual freewill creatures could be used against Satan's claim. As they would have demonstrated their faithfulness in the long time they stayed on Jehovah's side.

21 hours ago, Dages said:

That's an issue with Genesis 3. If they were faithful, they would prove Satan is wrong already, so no need for all the Bible story.

Exactly. Here's the scriptural basis for our view on this subject:

Romans 6:10,  "once for all time"

Hebrews 9:28,  "once for all time"

1Peter 3:18,  "once for all time"

What About Life on Other Planets?

Some influential religious figures have insisted that God would not create any world without purpose and that all habitable worlds must therefore be inhabited. Is that what the Bible says? No. The Bible indicates that it is very unlikely that God at this point has created intelligent physical creatures on any planets other than our own. How so?

If God did create such beings, he did so before he created Adam and Eve. Such beings either remained faithful to their Creator, or like Adam and Eve, they sinned and fell into imperfection. But if they became imperfect, they needed a redeemer. As one essayist put it: “One has this dreadful thought that on Friday [the day Jesus Christ was executed], every Friday, somewhere in the universe Jesus is being hanged high for someone’s sins.” But that is not Scriptural. The Bible tells us that Jesus “died with reference to sin once for all time.”—Romans 6:10.

What if these beings had remained perfect? Well, when Adam and Eve sinned, they were, in effect, questioning God’s right to rule over a world of intelligent physical beings. If another planet existed at that time, a world full of intelligent physical beings who were living harmoniously and loyally under God’s rule, would they not have been called in as witnesses to testify that God’s rule does indeed work? This conclusion seems inescapable, since he has already used even imperfect humans as witnesses in his behalf on that very issue.—Isaiah 43:10. --- g90 4/8 pp.9-11

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near" --- Jim Morrison

"The more I know, the less I understand. All the things I thought I knew, I'm learning again" --- Don Henley

Deep study about how the ransom works in relation to challenge of Universal Sovereignty, really eliminates possibility for any other beings apart from what is already known from the Bible. 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)