JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

New World: Outer Space

The Bible doesn't say, so we don't know.

But if you think about humans having children forever, at some point the earth would be full. So if you put that together with an infinite universe containing an infinite number of planets, IMO it's quite likely that Jehovah intends us to fill the universe after we fill the earth.

We don't know how everything works. The only thing promised we've known is to fulfill the Earth with Human Beings. (Genesis 1:28) Everything is just full of mystery we'd like to know, and only Jehovah knows what are the answers of our deepest question—especially on the New World He promised.

Edited by Hava Saber

Grammatical error that only I'd found. 😂

He knows you better than you know yourself, and he wants to help. :hugs:

Once the important matters are dealt with (Universal Sovereignty) 

Jehovah and perfect mankind will begin "new era" of living and discovery.

So it is possible, but at this stage we need to "hold our horses" so to speak and focus on getting there, and being on Jehovah's side. 

Nothing else matters now. 

Although personally I would enjoy exploring Universe and more ...! (I recon Jehovah will revel to us more, as we continue living forever) 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

2 hours ago, carlos said:

But if you think about humans having children forever, at some point the earth would be full. So if you put that together with an infinite universe containing an infinite number of planets, IMO it's quite likely that Jehovah intends us to fill the universe after we fill the earth.

No matter what, thank God I'm an Earthling and always be that way..

2 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

Once the important matters are dealt with (Universal Sovereignty) 

Jehovah and perfect mankind will begin "new era" of living and discovery.

So it is possible, but at this stage we need to "hold our horses" so to speak and focus on getting there, and being on Jehovah's side. 

Nothing else matters now. 

Although personally I would enjoy exploring Universe and more ...! (I recon Jehovah will revel to us more, as we continue living forever) 

I am got the same dream. I am than one of the teams they will explore the Universe.  ...the most distant planets in the universe. Indeed, only according to the will of our Father Jehovah. When that is, that concerns me/us not. I know many who have a similar dream. And if it does not come to pass, because it is not the will of our Creator, so be it.

I personally think that Jehovah meant us to explore these things in space.  Otherwise, why would Jehovah create us to find such beauty and awe in these astronomical objects?  Why would He put in us the desire to explore something that we find so beautiful and fascinating?  Is this an imperfect trait that will be fixed in the new world?  I don't think so. 

I've asked some of our brothers and sisters this.  Why would disobedient, sinful human beings get to see Earth the same way the angels saw it when they cried out in joy, and us faithful servants get denied that same view?  

My dream is to go out and find a new type of gem in some cave on another planet, and bring that gem home to my wife, who currently has no interest in leaving the earth right now.  She has acrophobia.  Not a good condition to have going to space...  Maybe when it's fixed, she'll change her mind and go with me?🤷‍♂️

7 hours ago, Hava Saber said:

Are you imagining this one: what is the purpose of the planets and the other heavenly bodies? Why do Jehovah creates them?

In a new world, can we go over there? Just taking a moment. ♥️

In scientific terms I once heard that planets, celestial bodies, galaxies, pulsars, pillars, etc are in agreement, exact distances, etc to keep our galaxy, solar system and consequently our planet stable and throbbing with life.

Well, I personally think so too. I imagine a black hole as a celestial "dump" where it cleans up the destroyed stars. I imagine that they are scattered around in the right places for this.

I imagine that celestial bodies such as asteroids, meteors, meteorites and various comets are wandering around to check on something needed such as something missing from some planet

I imagine that planets are in existence for future life, perhaps with bio-signature can prove future life, who knows?

I don't rule out what the brothers have posted and terraform these other planets throughout the universe beyond....

The stars must serve as combustion for nearby planets and at the same time be a "dump" to clean up maybe nearby planets....

So I think, my two cents, Jehovah created a universal, physical, gigantic house. I imagine humans will have it. I imagine we will get the credible means to be able to access it and at the same time not access it like, maybe we will never get close to a black hole.

Remember that we are children of God, and children don't usually get close to danger. Your father won't let you.

At the same time, spiritual children enjoy the universe, the heavenly bodies, by protecting them, by feeding them, and by caring for them. I can imagine an angel or maybe a group of angels taking care of each one of the planets, black holes, galaxies, maybe checking the stability, maybe checking the consistency of some chemical element, maybe "pushing" one star into another, or giving strength to it.

In short, the angels "play" up there.

And so will we.(:P)

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2022 at 6:22 PM, carlos said:

Same 😆

• 1 year later...

In the New World, Jehovah makes another covenant with abraham "I will make you into a great planet! And from you, many systems of planets will be inhabited by your offspring."

At first i thought jehovah will give a few of us at a time an assignment to cultivate a planet, using a gardner ship (basically a giant ship that has one of every type of organism from earth.) - like the ark.

but then i thought about genesis 1, God didn't just stop after making the earth and everything on it, no, it says he rested. When adam and eve partook of the fruit, the verse doesn't say that jehovah was there at the time. In Fact he came later as if he was strolling through the garden. obviously he knew what was happening, but he had other things to do, like make other planets.

Have you ever seen a painter? or a sculptor? they don't stop! they want to keep making new things, from new inspiration!

Therefore i have come to the conclusion that we won't be taking animals or such across to other planets, rather jehovah will do what he does best. He will create new animals, new plants, new ecosystems. He will probably give us a little starting kit like eden and we will be there as the caretakers and cultivators of that "eden" on mars or venus or who knows where. Then we expand that garden out across that entire planet. that way we can truely enjoy the creation of jehovah. 

If we where given just the ecosystems that we have on earth, eventually we would reach a point where we would know everything about it, but this way we will never truely understand it all!

Praise Jah!! The God of all gods, and lord of all lords. the one true creator and father of all living things.