JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Only By Living Forever We Can....

Living in this modern world, surrounded by countless inventions, productions... etc, exposes huge limitations of our lifespan. 

Think about it ...

Conservative estimations count around 130 million books.

How much time would it take to read them all? 

Do you like music? hmm ... there is around 100 million songs produced so far ... counting that not every song will be to our taste and preference ...then let's reduce the number to 1 million.

And again, how long would it take to listen to those songs just once? 

There are over 33000 known species of fish - again how long would it take to learn basics about them, and how long would it take to deepen that knowledge? 

Shutterstock maintains a library of over 350 million royalty-free stock photos, vector graphics, and illustrations, with over 21 million video clips and music tracks available for licensing .....  the question again, how long would take to examine them all? 

No matter where we look, we are surrounded by varietyand it only proves that we need more time.

So only by living forever we can enjoy life in full. 

(Can you state more examples of variety please , creation, man-made) 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

6 minutes ago, Dages said:

I love these topics so much :D 

Yes, me too :thumbsup:

I have discovered that there is around 2000 species of cactus ...so if I wanted to study one cactus a day, then I need around 5 years! of my life :scared:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Money, time and unforeseen occurrences. 

Even if you lived to be 120 years with no major illness or dementia, you likely wouldn't have the money to do a lot of things. (Like going into space) Or if you had a lot of money and time, well accidents still happen. Think of Amelia Earnhardt who wanted to fly around the world. Well something happened on her flight and she was never seen again.  In the new world we wont have these limitations. 

Two things come to my mind.

And I believe if people live forever, it'd mean even forever won't be able to fully satisfy us, which means we will need even more time as time falls into Eternity.

1) Technological singularity.

-When AI becomes smarter than man. (like in Terminator)

If Jehovah allows AI in the NW, at one point, the speed of technologies created by AI will increase and no man alive will understand the depth of technology. Even now no one understands the depth of Alphago's mind. 

If a superhuman intelligence were to be invented—either through the amplification of human intelligence or through artificial intelligence—it would bring to bear greater problem-solving and inventive skills than current humans are capable of. Such an AI is referred to as Seed AI[14][15] because if an AI were created with engineering capabilities that matched or surpassed those of its human creators, it would have the potential to autonomously improve its own software and hardware or design an even more capable machine. This more capable machine could then go on to design a machine of yet greater capability. These iterations of recursive self-improvement could accelerate, potentially allowing enormous qualitative change before any upper limits imposed by the laws of physics or theoretical computation set in. It is speculated that over many iterations, such an AI would far surpass human cognitive abilities.

From Wiki

2) Poplulation singularity. (A word I just made lol)

When, I think, the speed of polulation growth will be so fast. It's fast even now. 

About 385,000 babies are born each day according to the UN. That adds up to more than 140 million a year. The 140 million extra babies per year join a world population projected to reach 10 billion people by 2056.

So, with these two conditions combined, a new civilization being created at some distant part of another galaxy and the speed of those civilizations being created will be so fast and vast that no one alive will fully understand the collective mind of the entire universe, except Jehovah himself. 

Edited by VisualizeUrParadise

There are over 7,500 species of apples; the most cultivated are gala apples, golden delicious and fuji.

Imagine the time to try them all, imagine the time to study about each species, Jehovah's creation is sensational!🍎🍏🍎🍏🍎🍏🍎🍏

1 hour ago, Sheep said:

I was going to procrastinate today, but I think I'll do it tomorrow instead.

Why hurry?

There is always time to procrastinate.

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

• 3 weeks later...

We can see between about 3,500 and 4,500 visible stars on any given night in a single hemisphere under perfect conditions. Let's see. Start off by studying each of those in depth. Classify sun. How many planets? How many moons around those planets? Any special peculiarities about anything in that solar system? What is the name Jehovah gave each of them (The end of the star numbering system! Yay!)?

And after that? Maybe start with the brown dwarfs nearby that can't be seen with the naked eye and move outwards. That's not counting if you just want to jump to studying galaxies instead of stars!

:rubs hands together gleefully:

6 hours ago, Julieann said:

We can see between about 3,500 and 4,500 visible stars on any given night in a single hemisphere under perfect conditions. Let's see. Start off by studying each of those in depth. Classify sun. How many planets? How many moons around those planets? Any special peculiarities about anything in that solar system? What is the name Jehovah gave each of them (The end of the star numbering system! Yay!)?

And after that? Maybe start with the brown dwarfs nearby that can't be seen with the naked eye and move outwards. That's not counting if you just want to jump to studying galaxies instead of stars!

:rubs hands together gleefully:

So, the goal is to catalog each star. Name, properties, type. Be sure and take plenty of videos so that the rest of us can enjoy your journey.  What a great project!

....Those who seek Jehovah can understand EVERYTHING......Proverbs 28:5. (The possibilities are endless!)