JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

JW Broadcasting - November

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3430 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Having a problem with the view. My laptop will not expand the video to full screen. Any ideas?

Try using a different program to open it I use VLC media player as it gives me no problems.

It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step :- Jer10:23.

Not a day goes by wherein the truth of this scripture is not reaffirmed

If I use the embedded browser it just plays the video as a regular browser... How do you do?

You have to treat it like a normal browser. Input TV.JW.ORG and navigate to video on demand, etc.

Hold down on the video while its playing on the embedded browser.

A popup will appear asking whether to download or watch the video.

(Previously I said a popup will appear automatically but now it seems you have to hold down on the video for the popup to appear. Not sure if there's an update in the app causing this)

Furthermore, tapping on the advanced button will give the download link.

It's really good! Very encouraging! ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

New Video on JW Broadcasting (Length 11:29 min):

Freedom in Turkmenistan

It appears on the main page and under Interviews and Experiences.

What other TV news station can you tune into in the morning to find 'Good News' waiting for you to put a smile on our face to start the day? Rhetorical

Edited by Pallen

Personal Greetings from Paul and Kathy Forgive me if I got long winded, there is just so much to share.

It's interesting to see they're using the new set to make 'news report' style videos, instead of skipping straight to the interview like the older 'press release' videos did.

The "Freedom in Turkmenistan" video is here: http://tv.jw.org/#video/VODIntExp/pub-jwbrad_E_201411_3_VIDEO

Download links:

There are over 400 replies to this topic so I will try to save some time by asking if anyone else has had or is having problems watching on internet explorer?

I can watch on Chrome but not IE. If so how did you fix it?

I am not able to watch on tv yet I will have to buy a roku. but I was able to save videos in Mp4 and watch with my family on tv through my dvd player. I will join my voice with you by saying it is truly wonderful

Stop using IE?

Only half joking here, Microsoft intentionally refuses to abide by established standards, and many versions have such gaping security holes that the branch has proactively blocked the ability for elders to log in through older versions of IE.

if anyone else has had or is having problems watching on internet explorer?

I'm using IE 11 on Windows 8.1 to watch TV.JW.ORG without any problems.

Another alternative to watching on the TV is through the USB thumb drive on the back of the TV which newer models seem to have. I notice many of the shops in Singapore demo their TV's using a USB thumb drive plugged in behind the TV.

Hi! I'm living in Poland. I want to ask you about english subtitle... So, maybe some of you have it. Will be faster translate videos from tv.jw.org from this source (subtitles) not only from what we hear.

And of course, greetings from Poland, dear brothers!

Hi! I'm living in Poland. I want to ask you about english subtitle... So, maybe some of you have it. Will be faster translate videos from tv.jw.org from this source (subtitles) not only from what we hear.

On TV.JW.org, click the gear icon in the upper right corner, then put a checkmark beside "Display subtitles when available".

Unfortunately, at the moment subtitles are only available for the older DVD-released movies, not the Monthly Broadcast or other newly released videos.

I'm in the process of making a handwritten list of the videos so far, haven't gotten to the streaming broadcasts, so I can keep some kind of track as to what I've watched. I'm almost done with the written list. I've watched more than half of what's offered (excluding any video available that I previously have viewed on DVD or VHS--tho' I plan on going back to rewatch all those again. In my top 3 favorites, Faith in Action-Part 1).

I think all the streaming channels are a continuous playing of all the videos on demand? Isn't that true?

Streaming channels stream all day long just like cable or satellite. If you go there you will catch broadcasting in progress. It is good for background playing throughout the day.

Video on demand lets you choose what particular program you would like to choose.

Personal Greetings from Paul and Kathy Forgive me if I got long winded, there is just so much to share.

On TV.JW.org, click the gear icon in the upper right corner, then put a checkmark beside "Display subtitles when available".

Unfortunately, at the moment subtitles are only available for the older DVD-released movies, not the Monthly Broadcast or other newly released videos.

Ohhh... Yes, I know about it, but I'm asking about private resources...

Not sure I would trust a "private resource" - what guarantee would you have that the subtitles are translated correctly and not "adjusted" to fit someone's viewpoint?

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

From reading the February 2015 public Watchtower, it sure will be nice if all those conversation with neighbors will all be acted out and put on JW Broadcasting! ☺

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

I have hit a bit of a problem with my tablet. When I go to play videos from the site it tells me it cannot play as a video is already playing. I have a Samsung Note :) please help if you are able or know what troubles I made on the tablet. Thank you in advance brothers and sisters!

Very ENCOURAGING about the brothers in Liberia regarding the Ebola disease. Bro Ralph Walls is the brother who gave many talks in the Cleveland /Warren Ohio area. Good to see him. ☺