JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Violence Brings Someone In The Truth?

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3422 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

This is one of my favorite experiences I've heard:

A sister was married to an unbelieving husband. But he was allowing of her being a witness and going out in service. One day, she went to a door where the householder punched her in the eye for trying to offer him a watchtower. She later goes home and her husband immediately sees her injured eye. The sister refused to tell what happened to her. So the husband says, "if you don't tell me who did this to you, I promise you'll never see another meeting, another watchtower, or another Bible". Fearing losing her spiritual privileges from her own husband, she confessed to him what happened and who did it.

The husband went over to the man who hurt his wife. He pounded on the door, and when the man answered it he was immediately afraid. The husband was a very tall, very muscular former soldier. "A couple Jehovah's witnesses came to your house! Did you hit one of them?!" The man quietly nodded. "Well, that was my wife"! The man begged and pleaded for forgiveness. The husband pulled out a watchtower and showed it to the man. "This is what my wife was offering you. Read it! And the next time I come back you better answer correctly every question I ask you about it. If you don't, I will kill you".

The husband went home and asked his wife to teach him what the watchtower was saying. Some time later, the husband visited the man, and he answered every question the husband asked. So the husband pulled out a Bible Teach book. "I want you to read this now. This time, if you can answer correctly every question I ask the next time I come back not only will I kill you, but I will torture you before you die".

Well, it's safe to say the man survived the next visit. And the two men not only became witnesses, not only two of the best of friends, but also Bethalites!

~Van

Yes, I also remember reading that experience not too long ago but couldn't remember where!  Thanks for keeping your brain in tip top shape Carlos, sure helps the rest of us who only have "cheesecloth for brains" left! haha!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Yes, I also remember reading that experience not too long ago but couldn't remember where!  Thanks for keeping your brain in tip top shape Carlos, sure helps the rest of us who only have "cheesecloth for brains" left! haha!

Cheesecloth? Lol

~Van

Ha, I didn't think anyone posted this experience already. That's awesome!

Well, it's really difficult to find a subject that hasn't already been discussed here. :lol:

But we have several hundreds of new members since that experience was posted, so it's new for many.

Not really. For some reason I remembered the experience happened in Mexico, but I found nothing searching for Mexico. No surprise, it actually was in Egypt. :o Then I searched for "police" since I remembered the husband was a retired policeman, and there it came. :D

Edited by cvillarrubia

Cheesecloth brain? That explains it.  I thought it was a new experience.  But that's me, I can rewatch a movie or read a book and it's all like new again.  Memory of a goldfish (though that's been proven to be false, yet still applicable to me).

So thanks again for the 2nd repetition :)

Not wanting to change the topic, but a "cheescloth" brain should be a good thing. 

It catches and retains all that matters.

PS. that's if it's the cheescloth used when making cheese...

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)