JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Letter Campaign Experience Thread!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2553 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

1 minute ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Haha Lucy, no way! It's only 7:55 p.m. EST.  I'll be up for quite a while! :D

( shhhh....don't tell her we are awake....)

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

On 3/28/2017 at 6:23 PM, Thomas Walker said:

I'm following the multiple threads regarding the Letter Writing Campaign to Russia, and I thought we should have somewhere to add some experiences.

Sooner or later, this will wind down, and we'll be telling stories and experiences about this from here to GT. I thought it would be a good idea to collate some of the stats, some of the news articles, and some of the experiences.

Here's some of the highlights that I've gathered. if these things are in error, please let me know:

~oo00oo~

DHL Russia (a courier service) has stopped accepting documents (containing letters to officials) from the Philippines. These brothers will have to use the standard national post.

DHL in the Dominican Republic is giving a JW Discount on packages of letters to Russia.

Canada post has temporarily suspended acceptance of non-document shipments via Priority Worldwide destined for the Russian Federation.

International Stamps are selling out in several post offices (Confirmed in New York, unconfirmed for the UK.)

Some nations, such as Ghana, require phone numbers of the intended recipient to ship mail by express courier. Brothers in those lands have already been updated with phone numbers for all these addresses.

Several Post Office workers have come to recognize us when we come in, already aware of the campaign. (Specific experiences appreciated)

~oo00oo~

Anyone have any others they'd like to add?

This information brought to myself because of this website, small world brother Thomas Walker :) 

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

A sister in Texas was writing her letters with several others in her congregation. She takes the letters to the post office to mail them all together. When she gets to the front of the line, the clerk asks her what was happening, since there were plenty of letters going to Russia this week.

Our sister shows him the website, and explains the whole thing.

Then man in line behind her speaks up, and says "This is a very worthy cause." And he promptly volunteers to pay the postage on her letters himself.

4 minutes ago, Thomas Walker said:

A sister in Texas was writing her letters with several others in her congregation. She takes the letters to the post office to mail them all together. When she gets to the front of the line, the clerk asks her what was happening, since there were plenty of letters going to Russia this week.

Our sister shows him the website, and explains the whole thing.

Then man in line behind her speaks up, and says "This is a very worthy cause." And he promptly volunteers to pay the postage on her letters himself.

I wonder where you got that from?

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

I included my experience in another thread, but I thought it interesting how it opened up the way to speak more about Jehovah.

I had written my letter, said I was going to mail it.  Other admin offered to give me postage, but I politely said thanks but I don't think that'd be enough to get it to Russia.  She responds RUSSIA?!  I gave her the brief gyst of what I was doing.

I said yes, and then left it at that.  Then in our team meeting later in the day the subject came up again and she pipes up and says about me sending a letter to Russia, so I get to explain to 3 others about this letter to the Minister of Justice.

Each of us wondered if I would get a reply.  I haven't checked on my package today, I'm going to do that tomorrow morning after all it is a special day tomorrow for all the parties who are trying to prevent Jehovah's work from being done :D

I wonder if the mainstream media doesn't get a whiff until all the letters are there safely.  Will be interesting to see how this will play out.

7 minutes ago, hatcheckgirl said:

I wonder too.... :)

Wonderful how we were listening to the same at the same time. Very uniting. (But I'll be good until everyone else has seen it)

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

To all, I have my own experience March 31 EST that I got down to the city hall of such a place where post mails can be sent. Nicely, I see couple doing street witnessing and seriously chatting with each other. I finally waits in line in 1st window then the woman is happy to receiveletter from a company. I wonder if they will be angry or something like that when im next. Then, I asked the woman where can I send letters, she submit me at another window. I walked through the another side and I taught its playing games then I finally saw the window. I opened my theocratic folder with bunch of tracts.
Counter: Sending mail?
Me: (Opening the theocratic folder with tracts and invitation and draft papers)
Counter: Sending mail to Russia?
Me: How did you know? :)
Counter: What church are you, again?
Me: Jehovah's Witnesses
Counter: There's bunch of letter here that I returned yesterday because they are wrong in the format (envelope)
After, I fix my letter as they stick one another because of glue... Another conversation followed
Counter: Php 55 ? each, how many letters?
Me: 12
Counter: You are ---?
Me: My name is Alexa
Counter: Are you a foreigner?
Me: I dont know to my father
When that's done I feel satisfied. The counter that are in the windows were very likely kind people as we are :) or I just see true happiness with them :)

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

43 minutes ago, GeordieGirl said:

The Helsinki report was shared on Wednesday in this thread. :)

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/30341-current-newspapers-that-have-picked-up-our-letter-campaign/   id#11

Ah. Sorry, hadn't seen that. And anyway, I'm collating experiences from multi-threads here.

We had our branch visit (Australasia) today, with HQ representative Bro Patrick LaFranca. Near the end of the special visit he mentioned a few nice encouraging experiences that have resulted from the letter writing campaign. Nice to hear experiences so soon from brothers from World HQ.

Edited by youthintheministry23

1 minute ago, youthintheministry23 said:

We had our branch visit (Australiasia) today, with HQ representative Bro Patrick LaFranca. Near the end of the special visit he mentioned a few nice encouraging experiences that have resulted from the letter writing campaign. Nice to hear experiences so soon from brothers from World HQ.

Thanks for the spelling of his name ... He's a lovely brother isn't he? We are making a thread on that sometime tomorrow when the rest of the brothers and sisters have attended. 

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)