JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

The Letter Campaign Experience Thread!

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2546 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

6 minutes ago, Omo_Yeme said:

Calling ALL Aussie family...YES! Please share. Pretty please! :flowers:

There are still brothers and sisters who have not heard the discourse ... when we are sure all who are meant to hear have, then we will be allowed to share.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

SPOILER TIME !!!

you have already posted one of the experiences on posts 67 - 72 here  (and Instagram has it too)   

At our special live stream meeting from the Australasia Bethel today, Bro La Franca related an experience of a sister who went into a post office in Texas   ...   

Edited by timpin

When I was getting ready to write letters I had to change the way I normally do things.  I have some window envelopes that were free.  I normally print the address on a piece of paper and put it inside the envelope so that the address shows through the window.   But these addresses were unusually large and would not fit into the window.   So I had to go buy envelopes.  I wrote the letters for myself and my wife and then had to leave the room temporarily.  My grandson came in to use the computer and closed the file without saving. I had to rewrite all the letters.

My printer does not do envelopes properly.  I tried printing on a piece of paper first to see how the address was going to print.  No matter how I set the printer the address came out on the right side of the paper.  The printer will not properly feed an envelope if you put it in the printer to the right side.  (It pulls the envelope sideways and then jams.)  You have to adjust the guides on each side for the envelope and print in the center.  I had to put the envelope into the printer with the flap over the edge of a piece of paper.  The printer fed the piece of paper and envelope in and the address came out just as I wanted it to.  I addressed 12 envelopes, 6 for me and 6 for my wife.

When I took the letters to the Post Office and told the person I was sending letters to Russia she did not seem at all surprised.  She told me the total cost for the postage and handed me 12 "full moon" stamps.  I went into the lobby and put the stamps on each envelope.  It struck me as odd that the clerk at the Post Office was so quiet about the transaction.  Usually, when I take items to the Post Office she is more talkative.  I felt as if she must have had several other letters going to Russia but no conversation with me about it.

4 hours ago, youthintheministry23 said:

with HQ representative Bro Patrick LaFranca

Please tell Patrick and Alice that i said hello..

Oh..wait..the WT said I should be modest...never mind...:D

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

14 hours ago, Thomas Walker said:

Then man in line behind her speaks up, and says "This is a very worthy cause." And he promptly volunteers to pay the postage on her letters himself.

Experiences like this seem to be happening all around the globe.

This morning a brother told me a similar experience he personally had yesterday. Exactly the same thing. He was sending his letters in the post office, the clerk asked why all JWs were sending letters to Russia, he explained and someone in the queue offered to pay the postage. He said all the JWs he knew were nice people and that was the only thing he could do to help.

7 hours ago, timpin said:

SPOILER TIME !!!

you have already posted one of the experiences on posts 67 - 72 here  (and Instagram has it too)   

At our special live stream meeting from the Australasia Bethel today, Bro La Franca related an experience of a sister who went into a post office in Texas   ...   

That isn't fair  LOL ... you can't claim 'spoiler' mid way through a thread ... IF you feel inclined to tell experiences before other brothers and sisters have seen the program make a thread and put Spoiler in the heading so they won't go into it at all. 

But hey you didn't tell too much so doesn't matter.

Edited by Stormswift

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

5 hours ago, Tortuga said:

Please tell Patrick and Alice that i said hello..

Oh..wait..the WT said I should be modest...never mind...:D

He's lovely isn't he Tort. 

Edited by Stormswift

I can't help to compare this whole Russian ban to that of Hitler when he tried to eliminate Jehovah's people.  Maybe the Russian leaders and government should go read about how that turned out.  I really hope that when this system ends, that Jehovah lets all those that tried to get rid of Jehovah's people live for a few days or weeks just to let how wrong they all were to really sink in.  Instant destruction just seems too good for them.  

On 4/1/2017 at 2:10 AM, hatcheckgirl said:

(Yes very uniting!  Maybe wait until tomorrow evening and start a thread then.)

On 4/1/2017 at 5:03 AM, Stormswift said:

Thanks for the spelling of his name ... He's a lovely brother isn't he? We are making a thread on that sometime tomorrow when the rest of the brothers and sisters have attended. 

On 4/1/2017 at 5:44 AM, Stormswift said:

There are still brothers and sisters who have not heard the discourse ... when we are sure all who are meant to hear have, then we will be allowed to share.

It's Down Under time!

might as well blend it in here   ...   

Edited by timpin

On 4/1/2017 at 3:23 PM, Stormswift said:

That isn't fair  LOL ... you can't claim 'spoiler' mid way through a thread ... IF you feel inclined to tell experiences before other brothers and sisters have seen the program make a thread and put Spoiler in the heading so they won't go into it at all. 

But hey you didn't tell too much so doesn't matter.

I think you have misunderstood me   ...   You and others from Aussie and NZ have been suggesting to share tidbits from your Branch visit all weekend and have yet not done so - we are waiting to see if  you are going to share them here or another thread?

you have already posted one of the experiences on posts 59-68 here  

Edited by timpin

4 hours ago, timpin said:

I think you have misunderstood me   ...   You and others from Aussie and NZ have been suggesting to share tidbits from your Branch visit all weekend and have yet not done so - we are waiting to see if  you are going to share them here or another thread?

you have already posted one of the experiences on posts 59-68 here  

Post 59 has nothing to do with  me, and I did not share any experiences, the experience was already shared prior to that talk, it only featured in the talk ... and we knew where he had heard the confirmation of it, but to talk specifically about the talk or experiences that others had not yet heard would have been unkind of us until after the last of the round had finished.

I wasn't upset with you - that's why I inserted the LOL ... just the absurdity of popping in 'spoiler' mid way through a thread when people would have already read it anyway. No biggie my dear.

Edited by Stormswift

On 31/03/2017 at 10:46 PM, Old said:

I had you in mind as a chocolate coated icecream bar! :D

Dove.png

I am dieting.  So I will put these pictures down as persecution.

On 31/03/2017 at 10:46 PM, Old said:

I had you in mind as a chocolate coated icecream bar! :D

Dove.png

I am dieting.  So I will put these pictures down as persecution.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone must have written a pretty hot letter...:scared:

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/world/2013-05/13/c_132379437.htm

Just kidding..this report is from 2013...

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

12 minutes ago, Omo_Yeme said:

:wave: :poke:  Mandi dear? Lucy? Greg?

I'm sorry, we forgot to update, didn't we?  I've looked through my notes for the Zone Visit to Australia 1 April, and there were many encouraging experiences, but this has been mentioned above already. The theme was "Your Blessing Is Upon Your People". My notes (hoping you understand my shorthand):

Russia: should it surprise us? John 15:19, part of what is to come

1Pet 4:12-14 rejoice, endure spirit of God upon them, not an impossible for them, continue to preach, no ruler can stop them

1 Thess 2:2 mustered up boldness, cautious, but will do it.

Record number of positive results in media, diplomatic committees, Helsinki commission, condemning Russia, we don't know what is going to happen, but will be blessing for brotherhood. Letter writing, galvanised in effort. 1000 letters from AUS.

Texas writing letters, sister went to P.O, asked why letters to Russia, explained, Jw.org, man behind listening said he wanted to pay for postage, good cause.

Unity, impossible in world. Come to aid, like in Russia, and in Aus cyclone and flooding. 

21 hours ago, BibleSteve said:

"According to the estimate of one TV company, Russia received 48M letters for President,

It sounds to me that the TV company just did some quick math using the numbers provided in the JW.org report. I think anyone could give that estimate if they assume every one of the 8 million witnesses wrote a single letter to each of the six names that were provided. I wouldn't think the TV company has any  real knowledge of how many letter were sent or received.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)