JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

By the way, perhaps someone should use the White Rhino as an Avatar, I saw on Yahoo today that there is only one male white rhino left in Kenya and they have armed guards around it now. Talk about too little too late!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

No, why? B)

It was the cat from 'nam - that made me ask. I assumed 'nam meant Vietnam.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

It was the cat from 'nam - that made me ask. I assumed 'nam meant Vietnam.

You've confused us Jerry.  It was my comment about my cat Stella, who I believe is suffering from PTSD, hence my comment on 'nam.  She was a rescue kitty, and she has cross-eyes, and she hissed at me when I first saw her.  It was lurve at first site.  But she really does have psychological issues and lives under my bed.  A lot.  Poor animals, they suffer along with us too.

post-5044-0-07769600-1429183328.jpg

Edited by hatcheckgirl

By the way, perhaps someone should use the White Rhino as an Avatar, I saw on Yahoo today that there is only one male white rhino left in Kenya and they have armed guards around it now. Talk about too little too late!

Yes, one white rhino male  and two females,last time I checked, but they will not produce offspring due to age and sterility. Jehovah can re-create species in the new system should he choose to.  

You've confused us Jerry.  It was my comment about my cat Stella, who I believe is suffering from PTSD, hence my comment on 'nam.  She was a rescue kitty, and she has cross-eyes, and she hissed at me when I first saw her.  It was lurve at first site.  But she really does have psychological issues and lives under my bed.  A lot.  Poor animals, they suffer along with us too.

attachicon.gifstella x.jpg

Ah, so your using Vietnam as a synonym for PTSD  :eek: . I just didn't make that connection. I assumed the kitty was FROM 'nam (Vietnam).

I am sorry to hear about the little baby.   :grouphug:

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Yes, one white rhino male  and two females,last time I checked, but they will not produce offspring due to age and sterility. Jehovah can re-create species in the new system should he choose to.  

I sure hope so, I want to see a Dodo bird one day too!

CARLOS!!!!!  I love your pups!!!!  We have two large ones too.  I adore them.  I don't mind smaller dogs, but ones that yap and bark all the time drive me up the wall.  

I can't put my dogs in my avatar because they would eat your cats.

Seriously. I used to have three cats, now I have two. :(

Hasina, what kind of dog is THAT? What a super sweet dog! Talk about smooching! I want to smooch him!

I just cannot remember... have to ask again... but yes, you cannot help but want to cuddle him - even if one is no dog-person.

Will get back to you once I get the response about what kind of dog it is.

When i chose this pic. as my avatar, i didn't know what it was, i just liked the colors. But it is a rainbow fountain bridge in seoul.

Edited by YTONEY93

Psalms 51:6 "In the secret self...may you cause me to know sheer wisdom"

• 2 weeks later...

Originally posted by Dismal_Bliss

post-4283-0-77291500-1431261467.jpg

You know, of course, that I've voiced my opinion of these avatars. They are demonic, they are disgusting and they degrade this forum. Aren't we supposed to put anything demonic behind us?

Originally posted by Musky

post-4283-0-17818200-1431261704.jpg

I can't contemplate anyone being this rude...

Edited by RaymondG

You know, of course, that I've voiced my opinion of these avatars. They are demonic, they are disgusting and they degrade this forum. Aren't we supposed to put anything demonic behind us?

You keep saying these are demonic.  Please elaborate.  I do not understand.  What scriptures or Watchtower articles have you read that helped you reach this conclusion?

post-4283-0-77291500-1431261467.jpg

But they are not avatars! They are the real pictures of the moderators. From left to right: Bob (the one without hair), me, Musky and Grumpyswife. :lol:

Raymond, most members here enjoy humor and joke about each other. The comical tug-of-war between Brigette and Musky is almost legendary. It's good not to take oneself so seriously, otherwise life would be so grey and boring. :)

Besides, you wouldn't say that if you had seen Shali's picture. :whistling:

Edited by cvillarrubia

Oh Raymond - Don't worry!  Musky wasn't being rude - it was meant to be a joke (we fool around like this all the time with each other - although he usually gets the best of me!)  Believe me, if I thought this was anything but a good natured ribbing from a dear brother I would be the FIRST to call him out on it!  Believe me when I say - I sometimes give him as good as he gives!  The bad thing is about typing replies to things is you can't hear the inflection of a persons voice or see the smile on their face when they say something, so someone who doesn't know your history with another person might take it as something bad when it's actually not. Believe me, his reply was anything but rude - it was a indication of his undying affection for me! LOL  Please don't give it another thought!

Those auto generated demon looking avatars are the bomb! :P

wavatar.jpg

Call me naive but I don't see anything necessarily demonic about these cartoon pics - I see (1) Crazy  (2) Rather pleased with oneself (3) A bit confused and (4) knowing better (being educated) but unable or unwilling to speak up on a subject for one reason or another.    I guess it's all a matter of personal perspective.  

Not too sure about my auto avatar. Looks rather menacing and mechanoid. I don't yet have the skills to alter it, or include quotes in my posts. I will pass on something one of my calls said about dogs. (He is divorced I must add.) "If you want to know who loves you most, your dog or your wife, lock them both in the garage for a couple of hours and see who is most pleased to see you when you let them out!" I haven't tried it as I don't have a dog. Besides it would take too long to empty the garage.

Not too sure about my auto avatar. Looks rather menacing and mechanoid. I don't yet have the skills to alter it, or include quotes in my posts. I will pass on something one of my calls said about dogs. (He is divorced I must add.) "If you want to know who loves you most, your dog or your wife, lock them both in the garage for a couple of hours and see who is most pleased to see you when you let them out!" I haven't tried it as I don't have a dog. Besides it would take too long to empty the garage.

:lol1:

Soon .....