JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3213 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Friends i note that the resolution of the broadcasts is up to 720p and when you change settings to 1080p the video does not download. why is it so?

It could be the device your downloading to can't accept and play back in 1080p. I know my devices won't.

Could it be as simple as - there are no 1080p video to download?

It's possible. However, if that's the case, then why is there a 1080p choice in the settings? Probably because of those watching videos on TV'S that have 1080p capability.

Friends i note that the resolution of the broadcasts is up to 720p and when you change settings to 1080p the video does not download. why is it so?

What method are you using to download the videos?

It's possible. However, if that's the case, then why is there a 1080p choice in the settings?

The settings will give you "up to" the selected resolution. For example, if you select 240, every video will play in 240. But if you select 720 or 1080, the monthly broadcast will be available in 720, and the older videos will be available in 480.

I tried to select 1080p but it could not download to my pc.

What happens when you attempt to download the file? Does it give you an error message, a blank screen, or something else entirely?

. . .

The settings will give you "up to" the selected resolution. For example, if you select 240, every video will play in 240. But if you select 720 or 1080, the monthly broadcast will be available in 720, and the older videos will be available in 480.

Even though I select the 1080 as my default resolution, it only allows me to download up to 720p. Even though my screen resolution is 1600 * 900, 720p is sufficient for me anyway.

I tried to select 1080p but it could not download to my pc. May because my pc resolution is 1366 x 768. Am not sure if there pcs that have 1080p resolution.

I believe by "download" you mean "play".

Is it possible to show a 720p mp4 video using a 1080p projector

Yes

For several reasons I had been unable to watch this month's broadcasting, until last evening when I finally watched it with my family.

After some of the comments I had read one would think the whole program had been about making more more donations. But I was pleased to see that finantial issues were just a part of the program, and everything was perfectly explained. Brother Lett mentioned several ways we can honor Jehovah with our valuable things: our time, our prayers, our work, and yes, our donations too.

The brother made clear they were not soliciting money, and I never got the impression that I was being pressured in any way to give more. They explained what our needs are, and how some had received the wrong impression that less money was needed, when in fact the opposite is true. He mentioned the clear scriptural precedents too. I am thankful to be aware of the situation and now I can adapt my donations to it. It's a privilege to contribute to Jehovah's work.

We also enjoyed all the other sections of the program, especially the experience of the brother who preferred to lose his job rather than missing his Sunday meeting even though he could attend another meeting on Sunday evening. That was a thought-provoking and very encouraging experience. We also loved the experiences from Mozambique, Madagascar and Reunion, as well as that of the lady (in Missouri I think) the brothers helped after a disaster. That was a great spiritual program, I am already waiting for the next one and I hope we can watch it together sooner than this month.

Edited by cvillarrubia