JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3213 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I'm glad you found use for it. I was originally going to take it down temporarily since it was designed to only look for English files. I completely took it down Monday morning because the brothers managing the site made changes to the url structure that would make the downloader inefficient and unnecessarily complex. Since the urls are back to normal I plan on working on the downloader again, but with some improvements.

. . .

Oh, that's good. From the wording on the site, I thought your program was gone completely. I was getting a lot of use out of it. I'll look forward to its return, and I, for one, thank you for your efforts. (tu)

I'm glad you found use for it. I was originally going to take it down temporarily since it was designed to only look for English files. I completely took it down Monday morning because the brothers managing the site made changes to the url structure that would make the downloader inefficient and unnecessarily complex. Since the urls are back to normal I plan on working on the downloader again, but with some improvements.

Yes, but as far as I can tell the user who wants to download a video still has to come up with that url himself, as seen by Nani's question below:

I recall someone, probably Stavro, explained it in the April Broadcasting thread. Here's a link for the video anyway: http://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=MP4&output=html&pub=jwbrd&issue=201505

Every "downloader" I've seen is linking to jw.org so they would all be the same speed. Although the speed you get at any one time can vary due to a number of factors.

thank you soo muchh br Tim.....will be waiting...it was so much of a great help

I've started watching the May 2015 broadcast, but not finished yet.  It is so touching my heart! To think, that the organization needs our donations!  . . .

. . .

He is speaking about giving our valuable things, things like our time, energy, money, savings (well, hard to save!)  Most of what our family can manage to save or have left over gets donated already, so we live pretty much "hand-to-mouth".  It is a trial, but we know & trust that Jehovah will always look after us when we take care of kingdom interests first! 

I guess we'll have to dig a little deeper now and maybe start buying less fresh food and goodies! . . .

. . .

I love Brother Lett, I agree with you Dana. I am looking to see where to cut back to up my donations. The work is certainly speeding up. For the Governing Body to ask for donations you know this is serious. It just touched my heart so deeply. I love how everything is planned and so orderly in Jehovah's Organization.

As Peter mentioned above, I didn't get the impression Brother Lett was stressing that we need to give more than we have in the past. It was simply that we shouldn't think we can now get by with giving less. I think Brother Lett mentioned a couple of times that some were under a misconception about the financial state of the organization; that it is now in need of fewer funds than in the past. He was correcting that misconception, trying to put us back on the track of giving, not less, but just as much as before. In other words, Keep up the generous spirit!

I think he was very balanced in his way of presenting the need as it is. It should indeed cause us to reflect on how much our heart and our circumstances allow us to give. If it impels us to give more, that's good and very commendable. But at the same time it shouldn't make us feel guilty for not cutting back and "going without."

So, Dana, keep your high-speed internet.

I haven't seen the option for Roku player.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

You have to love brother Lett's enthusiasm.

What an exciting time to be alive. When it comes to unnecessary expenses I've always tried to 'Simplify, simplify, simplify, for the King and his Kingdom.'

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

Thanks for explaining why you took it down.

You are right that we will have to find the link from jw.org. I'm just puzzled as to why jw.org does not expose the links for downloading the multiple languages as they are there on jw.org?

Yes, excellent!

I will be in Prague for the convention on 17th July. Maybe I will see you there, Jirka?

It would be nice, but I will attend Reg. conv. in Ostrava because I live in that city, it´s a first convent. in Czech Rep. So, come to Ostrava :-) July 3 - 5,

It's just on my device or the JW Broadcasting Audio section is not working?

Seems to be your device. Audio section is OK for me.

Check if you have lowered the volume.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

It would be nice, but I will attend Reg. conv. in Ostrava because I live in that city, it´s a first convent. in Czech Rep. So, come to Ostrava :-) July 3 - 5,

That will be nice in Ostrava. Will it be at the large Assembly Hall facility built there? I was in Ostrava some years ago and visited Havířov congregation. Jíří Bobošík may remember us, as we stayed at his parents' house. Maybe you know him or his mum, Anna Bobošíková?

I am spending some time with friends in Spáňov, near Domažlice, before going to Prague, so my itinerary is set. Have a great convention.

Edited by bohemian

jwb-downloader.herokuapp.com is up and running again. Rather than show the direct links as before it now shows the jw.org link where you can select your language. This solution was much easier and computationally faster that trying to make language selector built in to the downloader. By studying the URL it generates and comparing it to the one you enter, most everyone will be able to tell how these links are made. Lastly, the site now works on any video from JW Broadcasting including videos also available on jw.org.

jwb-downloader.herokuapp.com is up and running again. Rather than show the direct links as before it now shows the jw.org link where you can select your language. This solution was much easier and computationally faster that trying to make language selector built in to the downloader. By studying the URL it generates and comparing it to the one you enter, most everyone will be able to tell how these links are made. Lastly, the site now works on any video from JW Broadcasting including videos also available on jw.org.

You are the best! Thank you so much!

Do you get charged every time we download something using your link?

And this leads me to wonder if there is any cost related to running this forum too?

That's an awesome program to show us how the earthly part of the kingdom is, under the wisely governance of the governing body, a worldwide organization where nobody is left out.

I'm proud to be a little member of this great nation of international worshippers.

With this broadcasting I really touch the reality of kingdom for all nations and tribes. I'm really impressed by the huge numbers of RTO all around the world.

Now, to see the worldwide activity you have the annual report on the yb, the around 100 branchs and now the more than 300 RTO all around the world plus the 170 RTO needed in the next two years

700 languages... how many more next year ? Yes, we have a lot of work bring the good news (mat 24:14 rev7:9)

You are the best! Thank you so much!

Do you get charged every time we download something using your link?

Not at all. The site is hosted free of charge, which is why if it doesn't get used it "goes to sleep" until someone tries to use it again. The downloads themselves are and always have been provided by jw.org.

And this leads me to wonder if there is any cost related to running this forum too?

Two quotes:

I'll be paying $10 more per month for the new server than I have been to date.

I did a donation drive when we needed to upgrade to a better quality forum software 1.5 years ago or so, and always intended on creating a donation button, but just been lazy. I foot the bill :)

This new server is costing me $10 more per month - but it's all good. I can afford it. We had a donation drive a couple years ago so we could buy a license to use Invision Power Community Suite. Those funds have lasted a couple license renewals already.

This link allows you to select the language and resolution for downloading:

http://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=MP4&output=html&pub=jwb&issue=201505

Looks like the downloader app is no longer necessary as JW.ORG now provides the links for downloading.

this is cool i didnt even see that i was using a other program to download 

thank you 

having a hard time find the download page for  JW Broadcasting

is it on JW,org or  JW Broadcasting

Edited by bobby

Thank you soo much br Tim........ :D  :D  :D  :)  :)

having a hard time find the download page for  JW Broadcasting

is it on JW,org or  JW Broadcasting

I got this link from another post.

I'm also puzzled as to how this link was derived.

Edited by WilliamChew

http://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=MP4&output=html&pub=jwb&issue=201505

If you replace the 201505 (May program) With a  ?  it will give you 8 downloads. I am thinking that is all 8 of the monthly programs. 

Yes they are, although they are not in the correct order ( Oct - May ). They are shuffled. 

So if one were to take that same link in the month of June and replace 201505 with 201506 they will most likely get the June broadcast. Or 201410 = Oct broadcast... etc etc.

We cannot incite if we are not in sight.___Heb.10:24,25

So if one were to take that same link in the month of June and replace 201505 with 201506 they will most likely get the June broadcast. Or 201410 = Oct broadcast... etc etc.

Yes! That's how we find the link for downloading the program, hours before it is displayed on the TV  :thumbsup:

Okay, maybe I'm doing something wrong. If I want to download the video, let's say "Watchtower v. Stratton," I copy/paste the link for that video to your site:

http://tv.jw.org/#video/VODOurOrganization/pub-jwbrd_201504_2_VIDEO and click Submit, it gives me the link back to JW Broadcasting:

http://www.jw.org/download/?fileformat=MP4&output=html&pub=jwbrd&issue=201504&track=2. From there I can see the video, just like I could from the other link. But how do I download the video from there?

:help:

Edited by Sheep