JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community
We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3253 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

How do you find out what is newly released on JW Broadcasting? Do you click through each subheading? I'm getting lost. :( . . .

All newly released videos can be found on the JW Broadcasting homepage, under the heading "Latest Videos".

Newly uploaded clips of previously released videos can be found under the "Featured" heading of each category.

So you need to click through each category.

I like how the JW Library lists "What's New"

Actually I did things the hard way. Neither the "Latest Videos" section on the home page, nor the "Featured" heading in each category lists all the new videos. So I did as you said; I looked through all the categories and looked for new ones. However I still missed one. There were actually nine videos released last Monday. The last one I found was The Hopkinsons: Enduring for Decades as Missionaries.

Are there any more that I missed?

Bethelites have donated thousands at one bethel. If they out of their need give to further the kingdom who are we to be stingy.

I remembered that when I was a Bethelite we had the opportunity to choose a percentage each month than we would like it to be deducted from our refund for it to be donated directly to the Kingdom work.

If only comments that agree whole-heartedly with the general consensus are allowed in the public forums, then maybe it should be made a rule. Otherwise, I don't see why anybody should be reprimanded for offering their honest comments. It is a discussion forum, after all, right?

It's a public forum, comments here show up in Google, and our comments may be read by interested ones who have only just encountered the truth, and weak ones who might be on their way out.

Is it really loving to have such ones read comments that question the decisions of the governing body and accuse them of disobeying Scripture? If this is the direction the forum is going to take, then why limit the criticism to money, why not expand into teachings, practices, and other subjects that some might not always agree with?

I know of some who are already on the verge of leaving because they disagree with the GB approving a website, or a TV station, or the construction project, or the "luxury" apartments. If they came across the negative comments in this thread, do you think that would make them have more faith in the GB's decisions as led by the holy spirit, or would it make them even more distrustful of the GB, possibly to the point of leaving entirely? (1 Corinthians 14:26) Let all things take place for building up.

We have been reminded in the past that we may eventually receive instructions that may not "appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint". (w13 11/15 p. 20 par. 17) We're not at that point yet, but if we're criticising the GB over something as trivial as finances, for projects that clearly have Jehovah's approval, how will we have faith when the instructions are more difficult to understand and follow?

Is it really loving to have such ones read comments that question the decisions of the governing body and accuse them of disobeying Scripture?

Just to be clear I have not done that.

I simply observed that there has been a gradual change and respectfully expressed my honest concern.

I did not realise this was an area of the forum that can be viewed by non-members. 

My comments were offered to provide a different perspective based on how most of us realistically live and budget in our own lives. While I'm sure Jehovah blesses every arrangement that is in line with his will, I don't think any of us can say that EVERYTHING we do or plan AUTOMATICALLY has Jehovah's blessing. Only time can tell us that. Even the Slave admitted that when they first decided to move world headquarters, they were not sure whether or not the move had Jehovah's blessing. I thought it was very humble and discreet of them to say that. It would be wise for us to follow their example and not presume anything, since only Jehovah knows what he approves. Time will reveal all things.

Daniel, you brought up a very good point.

Even the slave were not sure whether the move was a correct one. Only time will tell.

There are times like this that i really appreciate this information and remember that when the organization makes a right-angle turn that all we can do is hang on!

*** cl chap. 20 p. 204 par. 14 “Wise in Heart”—Yet Humble ***

There is a remarkable Bible passage that helps us begin to grasp Jehovah’s adaptability. The prophet Ezekiel was given a vision of Jehovah’s heavenly organization of spirit creatures. He saw a chariot of awe-inspiring proportions, Jehovah’s own “vehicle” always under His control. Most interesting was the way that it moved. The giant wheels were four-sided and full of eyes so that they could see everywhere and could change direction instantly, without stopping or turning. And this gigantic chariot did not have to lumber along like an unwieldy, man-made vehicle. It could move at the speed of lightning, even making right-angled turns! (Ezekiel 1:1, 14-28) Yes, Jehovah’s organization, like the almighty Sovereign in control of it, is supremely adaptable, responsive to the ever-changing situations and needs it must address.
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

This is an addition to my earlier comment.

*** w89 9/1 pp. 28-29 Making Full-Time Service a Career ***

As told by Max Larson

Acquiring an Office Complex

Another interesting experience in my dealing with real-estate purchases was the Squibb Pharmaceuticals complex of ten interconnected buildings. Following our purchase, four of these were torn down, and a new building was united with an existing one to form 25 Columbia Heights, the present world headquarters of the Watch Tower Society. This is how the purchase of this property came about.

By 1969 we were looking to further expand our publishing facilities. But the business economy was good, so, as I called on every property owner in the area, not one was interested in selling.

During this time, I made a trip to North Carolina, where the paper mill that supplies our Bible paper is located. There I happened to mention to one of the mill men our need for property in Brooklyn. By chance this man’s brother was a personal friend of one of the owners of the Squibb complex of buildings. He made the necessary contacts and then informed me that upon returning to Brooklyn, I should call this man.

When I did, the man confirmed that Squibb was considering, in due time, selling its properties in Brooklyn and moving out of the city. He said that when they were ready, he would call us, and we could negotiate a deal. After several months the call came, and I was told they were ready to sell and that we should come to their office the following day.

Brother Knorr and I got together and determined what price we thought we would pay. At the meeting the next day, we were told the price was nonnegotiable. “We want three million dollars in cash,” they said. We tried not to look surprised, since that was considerably lower than what we were prepared to offer. Needless to say, the purchase was promptly made. At the time, we had recently completed the construction of our four-million-dollar new factory, but when the Lord’s people learned of our further financial needs, the funds were quickly available.

*** end of quoted material ***

The need was made known by letter to each congregation and the 3 million dollars was immediately collected to meet a 90 day closure requirement.  I was a servant in the Huntington, IN congregation at the time.

Actually I did things the hard way. Neither the "Latest Videos" section on the home page, nor the "Featured" heading in each category lists all the new videos. So I did as you said; I looked through all the categories and looked for new ones. However I still missed one. There were actually nine videos released last Monday. The last one I found was The Hopkinsons: Enduring for Decades as Missionaries.

Are there any more that I missed?

In reality, that video was part of April's monthly program. So, if you watched April's monthly program, then you already saw it. What the brothers do is some time after a monthly program, they separate the videos in the monthly program into individual videos.  

Just a little thought ...

How much for the big ark ? Hard job ... 40/50 years... how could be the total cost of it....

and what for ? Only to use it for one year... only to save 8 people (and all the animals). But the superstructure was not the only job... preaching work... collecting food...

Today, we need thousands and thousands of modern arks ... thousands of Kingdom and assembly hall, hundreds of RTO, new or renovated branch... but not only... we also need spiritual and modern food to take care of more than 8 millions of sheep and more than 9 millions of friends

Only for the France branch, we have a need of 170 halls (kingdom and assembly) plus a big renovation of our branch. On a worldwide scale, it's a need of more than 14.000 halls.

Here some numbers from our branch visit given by brother Lösch :

• Mexico: 7 kingdom hall per week
  • Worldwide: 40 new congregations per week - 5300 baptized per week
  • For the last 14 years: 2000 kingdom hall per year ONLY for the special program of construction in countries with low resources
  • new school of evangelizers : mat 24:14 is not ended!

But we don't have 40/50 years to achieve this work... the May broadcasting show us only the need for the next two years!

Hopefully we are not only 8 :D and we can be a part of it with all our valuables things! (proverbs 3:9)

Let me guess... what if ...we don't/won't see the urgency of the worldwide situation on the same way that it was exposed in the may broadcasting ?

We need to be aware of the times we're living on. Revelation 14:14 explain that Jesus is the king of the harvest.. the sharp sickle is in his hand. The job is a worldwide job and Jesus have appointed the faithful and discreet slave not to be afraid and hide the money in the ground... (Matthew 24:45-46 ; 25:24-27)

So, for me, again, this broadcasting assures us that each coin given to the slave, is needed and wisely used... as we, as volunteers, we are needed and wisely used, as our time is needed too for the preaching work...

And if (but I don't think) all this constructions will have no utility after harmaguedon, remember the ark... more than 40 years of work for only one year of use. 

I wish to express thanks for info about comments made on public forum is Google searchable. Thanks again.

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

If you stop and realize why they told us about the great need for KH, etc., you absolutely should realize that Jehovah is speeding it up - just as the Bible says - and you can see all the press/talk shows, etc. are right now talking about the religious zealots that are causing so much trouble ... people are already starting to blame religion and I can see it as plain as the back of my hand ... we are on the brink of prophecy being fulfilled.  They were interviewing a political candidate Sunday morning (our Sunday meeting is at 1:00 p.m.) and he was talking about what he thought needed to be done about the religious extremists.  It hit me when he said it, that here we are witnessing the first stages.  So, as the GB is realizing, we are seeing prophecy being fulfilled and the GB is trying to handle the large numbers that are coming in PLUS getting ready for MORE people to come into the organization ... we need the KH, the facilities, the training, more elders ... for as the pioneers have been asked --> are they ready for a huge increase of people flocking in when another catestrophic thing happens (like 9/11 in the USA because a lot of people flocked into the KH afterward) and all it will take is a major thing like that (or worse) to bring a lot of people in because they are tired of the falsehoods and reaching out for the truth.  So just imagine the GB trying to get a handle on the growth as it is obviously "Jehovah speeding it up" which has to be hard on the brothers trying to handle it!  And just realize the amount of work and expense to have the websites (and translating it into so may languages) and having so many servers handling all of us hitting the websites as well as the curious and interested ones that are flocking to these REAL TRUTHS.  We have an elder that is very involved with the building and renovations of the KH in our area and he (and the others involved) are CONSTANTLY working on these projects.  These brothers are devoting a huge amount of time as well as their own funds to do this work.  Plus, they are having to use some contractors to do part of some of these projects just because there is not enough skilled labor with the friends (or specialized equipment) and it is just more sensible to pay contractors for what is needed at times.

It did make me aware to do more on my contributions to support the work (both WWW and KH construction).

I particularly appreciate the part about braille literatures. I receive the Watchtower and Awake magazines in braille every month and I can also download the brl notetaker file for my braille device. It's really touching how the Jehovah's organization is taking care of all sorts of persons spiritually.

Could someone put bro 'Mark Sanderson 'Morning Worship part from TV.JW.ORG, in the down load options of

format, PLEASE????????!!!

Thank you kindly to whoever can do this BIG favor!

I remember year ago a CO giving a talk on donation

He side he was sitting at a café outside and there were 5 penny’s

On the ground a as people walked by no one pick them up, it got him

Thinking are Cong, need a talk on donation so h ask what if all 102

Publishers pick up one penny you would have 1 Dollar then and agene

The next meeting how much money would have been donated at the end of the month

This stuck with me at the time I was not working and felt bad that I was not giving any thing

To this day I still do that    

In the order they were released today:

Encourage Your Mate "Without a Word"

The Kalins: Printing Under Ban in Siberia

The Namgungs: Imprisoned for Their Faith

John Foster: Doing the Very Best I Can

Priscilla Lagno: He Told Me Not to Come Home

Never Give Up

But then, there's the one mentioned by Tilford above:

Mark Sanderson: Be Willing to Open Your Hand (Prov. 3:27)

And also:

Convention Reminders

Oh my, that makes eight new videos released today! So far. Are there any more?

Yes. I forgot to mention that point. Except for Brother Sanderson's, they are all reruns we've seen somewhere before.

Yeah....first time I can say I know someone that's being featured. Bro. Foster is a zealous elder in my congregation!  :) 

Psalms 51:6 "In the secret self...may you cause me to know sheer wisdom"

The Venezuela branch report left me wondering whether I really am ready to offer a witness at ANY moment. The brother working as a taxi driver offered to say a few comforting words from the Bible at a funeral (impromptu!) in place of a delayed priest and had just the right literature to distribute!!

Truly Jehovah's to be praised through the actions of our dear brother!