JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Two New Publications Available For Downloading

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3271 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

Here's the differences according to a scan run with DiffPDF.

A Study Guide for God's Word: A few images printed in black and white in the NWT are reproduced in color (pp. 1728, 1730, 1732, 1734, 1741), otherwise the text and image contents are identical to NWT pages 1718-1796, including page numbers. (The booklet omits the table of contents pages found in NWT pages 1717 and 1765.)

An Introduction to God's Word: Completely identical to NWT pages 5-36.

Are these the new releases from the RC this year?

Nope. The regional conventions haven't begun. Apparently these are sections of our revised Bible spun off into separate publications.

I have a website about healthy low carb eating, nutrition, and weight loss. Come join CarnivoreTalk.com and learn more!

A Study Guide for God's Word: A few images printed in black and white in the NWT are reproduced in color (pp. 1728, 1730, 1732, 1734, 1741), otherwise the text and image contents are identical to NWT pages 1718-1796, including page numbers. (The booklet omits the table of contents pages found in NWT pages 1717 and 1765.)

An Introduction to God's Word: Completely identical to NWT pages 5-36.

These pages are also in color in the larger print Bible.

"Be imitators of those who through faith and patience inherit the promises." Hebrews 6:12

It was announced at our RC in Jacksonville that these "booklets" were being released in some of the languages that did not get the revised 2013 Bible. We did n't need them in English since they are part of the 2013 edition.

Perhaps, since they were available in other languages they decided to also release them as separate publication in English.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

Those two publications have been available in French for quite some time already too. Introduction to God's Word is used in the Theocratic School where the English KM bases the part on the NWT. I don't know if these will be included in a revised NWT in French sometime soon (the last French NWT was in 1995), or if these are going to be used on a permanent basis.

Moved to the public JW forum. We'll also have to copy the images. JW.org prevents hot-linking their images.

Thanks for techno tweeking this thread, D_B/Brother Bob!   :flowers: 

COOLHAPPYDANCE_zpsxgnnizzb.gif Ross

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I don't think it is. The first RC in May 22.

Our Circuit, Michigan #7 A&B, is assigned to one of the May 22nd RCs, in Green Bay, Wisconsin. :ecstatic:   

I am grateful, not just because I don't have long to wait, but because my atheist/violently opposed hubby

wants my butt parked on a tractor seat--and not in some %&@!!! Convention Center--when haying season starts. :wacko:  

Every year, he tells/orders me to stay home and help him with the haying.  

Every year, I tell him, "I am not missing another convention.  I stayed home to help you, once, and it poured for four days."  

His response? "Stay home again.  We can use the rain."  :uhhuh: 

COOLHAPPYDANCE_zpsxgnnizzb.gif Ross

I don't know if these will ever be available in print in English as they are part of the revised NWT, but one use could be for calls or studies who like to use their own bible, or have trouble accepting the NWT.

Actually, if you think about it, we do already have them in print - bound in front of and at the end of our bibles. :wave:

I do like the idea of possibly having them separate. Perhaps if I had a bible student similar to what you describe, I'd just leave him the Bible so he could use those pages (hoping he'd switch to the NWT) and if that was too objectionable - I'd just print out the pages for the study. I imagine that will be rare, eh.

Edited by trottigy
Plan ahead as if Armageddon will not come in your lifetime, but lead your life as if it will come tomorrow (w 2004 Dec. 1 page 29)

Soon .....

Brother Stavro,

Awesome research! Thank you!  :)

A Study Guide for God's Word: A few images printed in black and white in the NWT are reproduced in color (pp. 1728, 1730, 1732, 1734, 1741), otherwise the text and image contents are identical to NWT pages 1718-1796, including page numbers. (The booklet omits the table of contents pages found in NWT pages 1717 and 1765.)

An Introduction to God's Word: Completely identical to NWT pages 5-36.

How did you  "scan run" 2 PDFs to compare them?

Great idea!

"Create in me a pure heart, O God, And put within me a new spirit, a steadfast one" (PS 51:10)

I think it's nice to have them separately. I like to start conversations with the introduction and this might allow me to give the householder a copy to follow along with. Or for when you're talking with someone who chooses to use a different translation.

My thought about them is confirmed by John's comments - Qapla. For those that do not have the NWT 2013 yet, they

can make these booklets available in the various languages. I'm sure this is quicker than translating the entire Bible.

So brother and sisters in these language groups can get the benefit of the study guides in advance of the actual new

2013 NWT. I think that is both thoughtful and kind on the part of the brothers.

GStorrs46