JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

My off topic thread

1 minute ago, Stormswift said:

Yes .. im going to make some raspberry jam using stevia, raspberries (obvoiusly lol) and chia seeds. 

Sounds delicious! 😋😋😋😋😋

Isaiah 33:24  "And no resident will say: “I am sick.”

Ill let you know - using frozen raspberries (and I have blueberries as well) they work out more economical and you can use them year round.

Figs would be nice too - as they have 'crunchy' texture already.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

It's kinda sad - we do not eat much blueberries ... for some odd reason. The thing is, fresh berries should not rally be a problem.

My next-fence neighbor (we share a fence line) has 40 acres of blueberries and has u-pick when they are in ... and we seldom go get any.

Also, blackberries grow wild on our property and we have a few pecan trees ...

Edited by Qapla

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

20 minutes ago, Qapla said:

It's kinda sad - we do not eat much blueberries ...

I eat blueberries everyday, part of my daily vitamin boost ... addicted to berries more then donuts! LOL :shutup:

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

3 hours ago, Tortuga said:

:eek:

You don't have frozen raspberries?

3 hours ago, New World Explorer said:

I eat blueberries everyday, part of my daily vitamin boost ... addicted to berries more then donuts! LOL :shutup:

You can get donut peaches ... which we call Flattos here in NZ.

<p>"Jehovah chooses to either 'reveal' or 'conceal' - cherish what he reveals and be patient with what he conceals."

You've watched too many dumb and dumber movies lol.

Frozen Bananas and Frozen raspberries you put into your smoothies and it's like putting in icecream but healthier.

1 minute ago, Stormswift said:

You've watched too many dumb and dumber movies lol.

Frozen Bananas and Frozen raspberries you put into your smoothies and it's like putting in icecream but healthier.

And frozen peach smoothies are a delight too, and a banana maybe. 

I usually make it with a base of soy or almond milk, vanilla protein powder, nutritional yeast (or called brewer's yeast), maca powder, olive oil if I have it, and a host of good for you chopped green veggies. 

Yum!!

On 6/13/2015 at 12:34 AM, Tortuga said:

Can anyone explain how to use an analog watch to determine a compass direction?

Nor sure if anyone answered this before, but I taught this to my math students. You don't need a real live analog watch. You can write the number spots on your own wrist or a paper plate. This is not the one I wrote b/c i) I am too lazy to go through my papers, ii) mine has more drawings, songs, and jokes, iii). Mine is written in American English; this one should be comprehensible to Brits, Tally HO! I am off with my torch to look under my auto's bonnet.

Finding direction using wrist watch in Northern Hemisphere

Realise the fact that if you are in the northern hemisphere, the equator of the earth is below you. Fix the wrist watch on a sheet of paper and place it on a horizontal surface. Rotate the paper until the hour hand of the analogue wrist watch is pointing directly towards the sun.

Using a lead pencil, draw a boundary around the wrist watch.

Mark current position of the hour hand and the 12 o’clock point with small circular dots along the boundary that you drew in the earlier step. Remove the wrist watch from the paper.

Draw a straight line directly in the middle of the two circular dots which passes through the center of the circular boundary that you drew in Step 2. This is the north and south line. Place small arrows on both ends of the line.

The arrow that is pointing away from the sun is actually pointing towards North. Once you have determined which way north is, the rest is simple. With your face towards North, East will be 90 degrees towards your right, South will be directly behind you whereas West will be at 90 degrees towards your left.

Finding direction using wrist watch in Southern Hemisphere

Realise the fact that if you are in the northern hemisphere, the equator of the earth is above you. Fix the wrist watch on a sheet of paper and rotate the paper until the 12 o’clock point of the analogue wrist watch is pointing directly towards the sun.

Repeat Steps 2, 3 and 4. You will end up with north and south line with arrows at both ends of the line. The arrow that is closer to the sun will be pointing towards North.

Determine rest of the directions as you did in Step 5.

• P.S. If this was already answered,neva mind. Y(SRY)S

Edited by kejedo

We love defrosted blueberries, strawberries, mango pieces, raspberries etc. Tip them into a 1 pint cup and stick the in front of a fan for an hour or so. Yummy!

But Emma just said “I need to eat those Rolos. For sealth and hafety.”

I can’t argue with that logic.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

A few years back, Alton Brown of "Good Eats" fame, said that the best way to freeze fresh fruit, if you are doing it at home, is to use dry ice - it will freeze it quickly so that theice crystals do not form on the inside that turns frozen fresh fruit to mush when you thaw it out.

"Let all things take place decently and by arrangement."
~ 1 Corinthians 14:40 ~

8 hours ago, Qapla said:

A few years back, Alton Brown of "Good Eats" fame, said that the best way to freeze fresh fruit, if you are doing it at home, is to use dry ice - it will freeze it quickly so that theice crystals do not form on the inside that turns frozen fresh fruit to mush when you thaw it out.

I’ve always wanted to play with dry ice. No doubt I would ‘burn’ myself.

The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the true God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole obligation of man. Ec 12:13

3 hours ago, ChrisC said:

I’ve always wanted to play with dry ice. No doubt I would ‘burn’ myself.

Nice hat, Chris. Are those glasses bifocals or over-the-counter. You might be wearing them inside out, because they make your eyes appear smaller. Will you be trying on new hat styles (so we don't have to?) I tried progressive lenses and measured them every day. Same size no matter where I measured. I saw no progress and returned them. Only got a partial refund, so I classified the experience as regressive.  

Edited by kejedo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chia seeds added for some additional crunch. A party favorite (Post # 846)

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/food/a19953063/chia-seed-danger/

"the study authors recommend that those with a history of dysphagia or esophageal restrictions be aware of the potential danger of chia seeds, especially in their dry form".

On 9/3/2019 at 2:23 AM, kejedo said:

Nice hat, Chris. Are those glasses bifocals or over-the-counter. You might be wearing them inside out, because they make your eyes appear smaller. Will you be trying on new hat styles (so we don't have to?) I tried progressive lenses and measured them every day. Same size no matter where I measured. I saw no progress and returned them. Only got a partial refund, so I classified the experience as regressive.  

I now sleep with earplugs, a blindfold, and a hat to block the last bit of light. The eyes are attached to the hat so I can feel which way round to put it on!

Also it would be hilarious if I died in the night.
Whenever I wash my hat in the basin I repeatedly say ‘Just keep swimming, ...’

So now you know!

14 hours ago, ChrisC said:

Whenever I wash my hat in the basin I repeatedly say ‘Just keep swimming, ...’

So now you know!

Thanks for the fascinating update. At the risk of being long winded (too late, pauline, too late) may I ask if the glasses get washed at once in the basin or are they removed first?  If this helps with sleep, I def want to know about it. Y(sleepless but not hatless in NY)S

Edited by kejedo

• 3 weeks later...
I hate some of the effects of gravity.
My shoulders and chest have settled around my waist, my butt is smaller and my ankles are bigger. I'd loosen my belt but I'm afraid my waist would end up in my thighs.
I plan to walk on my hands every day and see if everything goes back where it belongs :lol1:

abcadeb57de96752147a1fd5312f8474.jpg

The difference between try and triumph is that little "umph"