JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Don't down load win 10

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2380 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I did and it completely ruined my laptop. It's now in being restored to win 7. It's going to cost me $75 for that to happen. So much for my free upgrade. It got caught in a boot up lòop. Tried everything to fix it even went online for suggestions. Nothing worked. At least I have my Samsung pad.

I updated my laptop when the update was first available and I didn't have any problems. I recently updated the PC without any problems. It is a lengthy process and there were several times I thought it was stuck but I let it go and the update installed without any problems.

Did you interrupt the update?

The downgrade was erased within 2 weeks of the upgrade. Ticked me off. Got the machine back but now it won't get online downstairs but I have a fix now. Was online with my is pretty for over an hour with my isp. There is no way that I am going to try to download it again.

I prefer upgrading from a dvd disk. Less problems.

Before you upgrade, Clean your system files/registry of crud and viruses, and remove unused programs, then Defragment.

Plop in win 10 disk from within legal windows 7 sp1 or 8.x.

Edited by pnutts

I did the upgrade from 7 about a month after it was first released. It was d/l to my computer for at least a week or two before I got around to upgrading.

Have not had any of the problems listed above - or any other problems - works smoothly.

The only problem I experienced was that, when I first started using Win 10, my computer would drop the Internet connection with the router/modem. I would still be on the network, just the Internet portion would "come and go".

Then, there was an update for the network device in my computer. Haven't had that problem since.

HP Compaq 6000 PC with 6GB of RAM. Original Win 7

My upgrade worked only after 4 reboots. Then it would lock up with 98% ram filled and 100% CPU load.

I could only power down with the power switch. After several more reboots it settled down to a nice running PC.

I think that MS built in some smarter repair apps that fix the PC after a reboot.

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 22.5.22 (changelog)