JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

1989 The Year the World Wide Web Was Invented

I was doing some research on the world's largest machine when I stumbled across this info.

The very first web page EVER: http://line-mode.cern.ch/www/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html

line_mode_browser_0.pngThe line-mode browser

The line-mode browser, launched in 1992, was the first readily accessible browser for the World Wide Web

Here is a copy of what it says, in case you can't read it:

The World Wide Web project

WORLD WIDE WEB

The WorldWideWeb (W3) is a wide-area hypermedia[1] information retrieval initiative aiming to give universal access to a large universe of documents.
Everything there is online about W3 is linked directly or indirectly to this document, including an executive summary[2] of the project, Mailing lists[3] , Policy[4] , November's W3 news[5] , Frequently Asked Questions[6] .
What's out there?[7] Pointers to the world's online information, subjects[8] , W3 servers[9], etc. Help[10] on the browser you are using Software Products[11] A list of W3 project components and their current state. (e.g. Line Mode[12] ,X11 Viola[13] , NeXTStep[14] , Servers[15] , Tools[16] , Mail robot[17] , Library[18] ) Technical[19] Details of protocols, formats, program internals etc Bibliography[20] Paper documentation on W3 and references. People[21] A list of some people involved in the project. History[22] A summary of the history of the project. How can I help[23] ? If you would like to support the web.. Getting code[24] Getting the code by anonymous FTP[25] , etc.

[End]
<ref.number>, <RETURN> for more, Quit, or Help: 

This is a reproduction of the very first web page ever, more user friendly for today's web browsers:

http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html

Here is the story behind the WWW:

http://home.cern/topics/birth-web

bernerslee.jpg?itok=hscqv0ZW

Tim Berners-Lee, a British scientist at CERN, invented the World Wide Web (WWW) in 1989. The web was originally conceived and developed to meet the demand for automatic information-sharing between scientists in universities and institutes around the world.

The first website at CERN - and in the world - was dedicated to the World Wide Web project itself and was hosted on Berners-Lee's NeXT computer. The website described the basic features of the web; how to access other people's documents and how to set up your own server. The NeXT machine - the original web server - is still at CERN. As part of the project to restore the first website, in 2013 CERN reinstated the world's first website to its original address.

Timeline:

March 12, 1989 Tim Berners-Lee submits a proposal for a distributed information system at CERN.

December 20, 1990 The world's first website and server go live at CERN.

January 10, 1991 The web extends to the high-energy-physics community

August 6, 1991 Berners-Lee posts a summary of the project on alt.hypertext

December 12, 1991 First web server outside of Europe

April 30, 1993 CERN releases WorldWideWeb source code

(CERN put the World Wide Web software in the public domain. CERN made the next release available with an open licence, as a more sure way to maximise its dissemination. Through these actions, making the software required to run a web server freely available, along with a basic browser and a library of code, the web was allowed to flourish.)

October 1, 1994 Tim Berners-Lee founds the WorldWideWeb consortium

And the rest is, as they say, history.  ^_^

Now, back to my original research...

large-hadron-collider-e1450394080590.jpg

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN, near Geneva Switzerland, a 27km accelerator 
located 100m under the French-Swiss border that took 25 years to plan 
and $6 billion to build.

The Large Hadron Collider

The LHC is the largest machine in the world. It took thousands of scientists, engineers and technicians decades to plan and build, and it continues to operate at the very boundaries of scientific knowledge.

So...it took designers and builders and planners?  It didn't just 'appear from out of nowhere'? :uhhuh: 

lhc_long_1.jpg
The Large Hadron Collider is the world's largest and most powerful particle accelerator (Image: CERN)

At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. They use the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments to study the basic constituents of matter – the fundamental particles. The particles are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives the physicists clues about how the particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature.

I wonder if they ever stop to consider the CREATOR of all those particles? :huh: 

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

I was doing some research on the world's largest machine when I stumbled across this info.

The very first web page EVER: http://line-mode.cern.ch/www/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html

Here is a copy of what it says, in case you can't read it:

This is a reproduction of the very first web page ever, more user friendly for today's web browsers:

http://info.cern.ch/hypertext/WWW/TheProject.html

Here is the story behind the WWW:

http://home.cern/topics/birth-web

Timeline:

March 12, 1989 Tim Berners-Lee submits a proposal for a distributed information system at CERN.

December 20, 1990 The world's first website and server go live at CERN.

January 10, 1991 The web extends to the high-energy-physics community

August 6, 1991 Berners-Lee posts a summary of the project on alt.hypertext

December 12, 1991 First web server outside of Europe

April 30, 1993 CERN releases WorldWideWeb source code

(CERN put the World Wide Web software in the public domain. CERN made the next release available with an open licence, as a more sure way to maximise its dissemination. Through these actions, making the software required to run a web server freely available, along with a basic browser and a library of code, the web was allowed to flourish.)

October 1, 1994 Tim Berners-Lee founds the WorldWideWeb consortium

And the rest is, as they say, history. ^_^

Now, back to my original research...

large-hadron-collider-e1450394080590.jpg

The Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN, near Geneva Switzerland, a 27km accelerator

located 100m under the French-Swiss border that took 25 years to plan

and $6 billion to build.

http://home.cern/topics/large-hadron-collider

So...it took designers and builders and planners? It didn't just 'appear from out of nowhere'? :uhhuh:

lhc_long_1.jpg

The Large Hadron Collider is the world's largest and most powerful particle accelerator (Image: CERN)

I wonder if they ever stop to consider the CREATOR of all those particles? :huh:

The AL Gore gaffe:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/wp/2013/11/04/a-cautionary-tale-for-politicians-al-gore-and-the-invention-of-the-internet

I love the documentaries about Galaxy... from National Geographic. Once we have required to watch one for our school and that is 'Journey to the center of milky way galaxy (?)', i became interested to watch them all because I was still in transition and finding ways to amaze more.

As I can say, the ones who work at NASA knows things like (1) goldilocks zone, (2) perfect condition of the planets, (3) how planets are made.

The reason, I became interested as years ago is that one who was explaining to the video amazes because all of it was just perfect and it was only in Earth. The reason of their further research is to find another Earth.

Maybe they got amazes and overwhelmed to the fact they still doesn't find one...

All glory and praises goes to Jehovah :) 

• 2 weeks later...

I just watched "Particle Fever", a NOVA program on PBS that featured this super collider.

It was interesting to hear the quantum theorists speaking of the 'theory'

of symetry vs the theory of chaos.

Symetry would mean there was a loving Creator and chaos would mean the universe exists purely by chance.

Toward the end, the lady theorist said she felt symetry would win out.

Jehovah is a God of order, not disorder. :)

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif