JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

April Broadcast

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2881 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I didn't see the video yet but if indeed there are informations about the dramas and videos on conventions,  the bad guys flood youtube and forums with informations about the conventions anyway,  so I'm not surprised by the FDS passing info in advance. It was the same with the availability of the releases (no need to go search for them in apostate sites) 

Hercules, Hercules, Hercules. (tu)

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

Got tears of joy and happiness throughout whole broadcast! Very encouraging! Keep the pace! :D

"there was Jehovah’s word for him, and it went on to say to him: “What is your business here, E·lijah?" To this (Elijah) he said: “I have been absolutely jealous for Jehovah the God of armies"- 1 Kings 19:9, 10 Reference Bible

Ecclesiastes 7:21 "..., do not give your heart to all the words that people may speak," - Reference Bible

It's all 'COMING SOON' to a regional convention nearest you. 

Brother Malenfant is such a magnificent speaker. In case you don't recognize the voice, he was the narrator in the audio drama Families—Make Daily Bible Reading Your Way of Life!, Keep Your Eye Simple, and many others. He really captured my attention!

I especially appreciated the video about Jose Luisiella (spelling?) starting at the 28:58 mark. None of us here could possibly imagine what it must be like to be born deaf, and then to become blind on top of that by the age of 29! There is always someone worse off than we are. Among many other videos that Jehovah's organization has been producing recently, this one too brought tears to my eyes. I see by watching the video I'm not the only one affected by this brother in the same way. :cry:

Like all monthly broadcasts, we were pleased to hear yet another original song, this one entitled Keep The Pace. It has been my habit the past few months to convert each of these songs to mp3 format and post them to a website. However, as we heard in the broadcast, these new songs are now being made available on JW Broadcasting, in the Audio category. (Scroll down to Original Songs.) It looks like the brothers have been uploading these songs starting February 15 of this year, but I just noticed them a couple of days ago.

So as of now, all my mp3 versions of these songs have been removed from my collection. You will notice that there are only two songs there now. One is the song In My Heart  (unofficial title), the song that was heard at the end of the video "These Words . . . Must Be on Your Heart"—Family Interviews. This song was never released as a stand-alone video. Also, for those who just cannot wait for the new song Keep The Pace  to be released as a video and mp3, I have included it in my collection for the time being. When it is finally released on JW Broadcasting in a couple of weeks I will remove it from there.

I knew it would just a matter of time before JW Broadcasting would be converting these songs to mp3 format (and also the choral versions of the new songs 136-150). I'm happy about that. :)

Absolutely jawdroppingly AMAZING!!!  570288c01dea3_WOWJawdrop.gif.1192d373256

Just when you thought our Monthly Broadcasts couldn't possibly get any better than they have already been--

there's April's Spiritual Banquet!!!570288ec06e28_HappExcitedWOOHOO.gif.2fc7570288f708907_Happyexcited.GIF.edbb17d1f

Time to drag out the old SPOILER ALERT....^_^

WARNING.gif.135c20dfcbdd7b0f038121cc55a2

If you haven't seen April's Broadcast yet, 

TURN BACK NOW

JW Broadcast for April 2016

This month's theme: 

Look back to learn. Look ahead to live.

In the timeline of things, the Bible is behind us.  Still, much can be learned from looking back at the experiences of people living in Bible times.

(Romans 15:4) For all the things that were written beforehand were written for our instruction, so that through our endurance and through the comfort from the Scriptures we might have hope.

Learning from the mistakes of others is much better than having to learn, first-hand, from our own mistakes.

Adam and Eve could look back, but it didn't benefit them, because they lost out on everlasting life.

Noah, however, could learn from looking back at their mistakes.  He kept busy.  
His sons also obeyed Jehovah's directions.  
The wives of Noah's sons must have been very strong in their faith, because they left their families behind and loyally followed their husbands.

Abraham and Sarah kept their attention fixed on the present and the future, not on the past.
(Hebrews 11:15) And yet, if they had kept remembering the place from which they had departed, they would have had opportunity to return.

Lot and his family were told to 'flee immediately'.  They were told to not 'stand still', or 'look back'.
Lot's wife disobeyed and looked back.  Was her attachment to possessions and her home greater than her loyalty to obeying Jehovah's direction?
Urgency and Obedience were both required.
When telling of Jeruselem's destruction, Jesus used the wife of Lot as an example of what NOT to do. 
(Luke 17:31, 32) “On that day let the person who is on the housetop but whose belongings are in the house not come down to pick these up, and likewise, the person out in the field must not return to the things behind. 32 Remember the wife of Lot.
In spite of their loss, Lot and his daughters did obey.  They did not look back.

Moses' example is a reminder for us not to fantasize about position and possessions.

Hur (Not Ben Hur, from the movie) lived during Moses' and Joshua's time.  He was available and willing to support Moses...literally.
(Exodus 17:8-13) Then the A·malʹek·ites came and fought against Israel in Rephʹi·dim. 9 At this Moses said to Joshua: “Choose men for us and go out to fight against the A·malʹek·ites. Tomorrow I will stand on top of the hill, with the rod of the true God in my hand.” 10 Then Joshua did just as Moses told him, and he fought against the A·malʹek·ites. And Moses, Aaron, and Hur went up to the top of the hill. 11 As long as Moses kept his hands lifted up, the Israelites prevailed, but as soon as he would let down his hands, the A·malʹek·ites prevailed. 12 When the hands of Moses were heavy, they took a stone and put it under him, and he sat on it. Then Aaron and Hur, one on each side, supported his hands, so that his hands remained steady until the sun set. 13 Thus Joshua defeated Amʹa·lek and his people with the sword.
Just as Hur helped Aaron to keep Moses' arms elevated, there are those who provide essential support to Jehovah's Organization.  Jehovah knows who you are and appreciates your efforts in his behalf.
Jehovah never forgets his loyal ones!
(Hebrews 6:10) For God is not unrighteous so as to forget your work and the love you showed for his name by ministering and continuing to minister to the holy ones.

King Manasseh.  It is amazing how Jehovah could forgive and forget what that man did.  Jehovah's mercy is certainly highlighted in his case.  An example for genuinely repentant ones, to prove that, even if they believe they have committed unforgivable sins, Jehovah can and will forgive them.  We need to draw close to Jehovah and then remain in his loving arms.
 (John 14:6) Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

The 2014 Drama showed Jesus warmly embracing each of his disciples before ascending to heaven.  It is perfectly reasonable to believe Jesus would lovingly treat his friends this way.
(John 21:25) There are also, in fact, many other things that Jesus did, which if ever they were written in full detail, I suppose the world itself could not contain the scrolls written.

Peter.  Peter became a fearless preacher of the Good News.  He didn't look back at past mistakes, or quit or run away from his assignment.  Serves as an example for us to never quit or give up in the race for life.  We need to imitate Peter when disciplined and put full trust in Christ's Ransom sacrafice.  Like Peter, we need to avoid being consumed by self-pity and remorse.

John.  65 years of faithful service.  John looked back to help others (writing the Book of John) and looked ahead to benefit himself.

These are just a few examples of the many ways God's Word can benefit us.  Ahead, lies the Real Life in God's righteous New World.
How good it is to know the Truth...to know Jehovah...and to be a part of his worldwide organization!!!

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Video:  Hork Henschel (sp?)  At the lowest point in his imprisonment, Brother Henschel found the lyrics to one of our Kingdom Songs behind a 'House Rules' sign on his prison wall.  He recalled his father's words, "See you again" and held on to the Resurrection Hope.  Realizing that others had also been in that cell, and receiving that morsel of spiritual food, enabled him to receive the 'power beyond what is normal' from Jehovah and endure.  He kept looking ahead.

When we are under trials, spiritual food--the gift from Jehovah--will help us to keep going, too.

­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­­________________________________________________________________________________________

The deaf face many hardships.  One of them being that they cannot hear the spiritual food Jehovah's is dispensing.  Early 'signers' helped deaf ones attending our conventions and assemblies.

The first sign language congregation was formed in Korea, in 1976.  Today, there are more than 4,000 deaf congregations.

More than 80 sign languages are available on JW.org.  Plus, there is an app for American Sign Language (ASL).  Coming soon, apps for other sign languages will be made available for download.

Signing is needed because the printed word is not easily conveyed.  The deaf need visual communication.  That is because hearing is essential to learning a language.  We who can hear realize that printed words are the equivalent of spoken words.  The deaf cannot make this connection.  Sign language is a very rich language and the Bible really comes alive through signing.

How can we hearing ones assist the deaf?  Direct them to JW.org, to a local deaf congregation.  

Jehovah removes obstacles.  There are 3,500 JWs using Russian Sign Language.  24,000 JWs worldwide are deaf.  Jehovah has lovingly made his spiritual gifts available to them.

Video: Jose` Rialla (sp?)  Blind and deaf can also overcome obstacles to feeding on Jehovah's Word.  It is astounding what this brother could do!!!  Became an elder, a regular pioneer.  There was no stopping him!
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Video Drama:  Natural disaster strikes (huge typhoon, sever damage, loss of life) yet a family still is able to rejoice in 'the hope'.  

Three generations of one family end up in one small apartment.  They have lost everything, including some close friends.  They are depressed and discouraged.  

A brother from the Disaster Relief Committee visits them. Really listens.  Offers comfort from Jehovah's Word.  

Jehovah's promise, at Jeremiah 29:11 “‘For I well know the thoughts that I am thinking toward you,’ declares Jehovah, ‘thoughts of peace, and not of calamity, to give you a future and a hope.", helps them to realize that they need to re-focus their attention.  They needed to stop looking back at what they had lost and begin looking ahead, to all they had to gain.  Envisioning the future paradise allowed their joy to return and filled their hearts with hope.  Dwelling on loss=discouraging.  Dwelling on the future paradise=encouraging.

When disaster strikes us, we don't want to dwell on it and our current circumstances.  We want--need--to look to the future and Jehovah's promised/assured reward!!!

­­_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Video: Hercules Pinto, a former body-builder who released his rage at the world by fighting.  

Joined a heavy metal band and one of his fellow band members was studying the Bible.  This Bible student shared the Truth with him and introduced him to Jehovah's Word.  

Hercules rejected a music contract and chose friendship with Jehovah over fame and fortune.  He had to overcome his immoral life style, strong personality traits, aggressive behavior.  (Colossians 3:10) and clothe yourselves with the new personality, which through accurate knowledge is being made new according to the image of the One who created it,

He was able to make the required changes and was baptized.  He has no regrets about his choices.  Married a pioneer sister and joined her in the pioneer work.  Fellowship with his brothers and sisters brings him great joy.  He still loves music, but serving Jehovah brings him even greater joy.   He realizes now that true strength is not physical and true power does not come from fame and fortune.  

True strength and power come from serving Jehovah.  

We were encouraged to share Brother Pinto's story with Bible students and to pray for 'power beyond what is normal'.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Videos:  Belief in a Creator Causes Former Evolutionists to Seek For Him.

A series about former evolutionists that have found the Creator.

#1 A biologist/ecologist ?   A staunch evolutionist who came to realize that creation contradicts evolution.  Gave an example:  Believing DNA just randomly came into existance would be like pouring letter blocks out onto a table and having the Encyclopedia Britannica appear.   His examination of the Bible convinced him that it is Divinely inspired.

#2 A neuro-scientist.  Another evolutionist.  Researching the human brain and seeing how complex it is disproved random chance.  Our brain is what we are: no brain, no life.  (a no brainer)  There were 1.4 billion neurons in just one small part of the brain.  Creation of such a thing had to be guided.  As a former Hindu, he was relieved to find that there is really only ONE God.  He found this very appealing.  The Bible also helped him to find peace of mind and a purpose in life.

Evidence for an Intelligent Designer was observed in two different scientific fields.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Video:  Why Children Visited Bethel and What They Learned About Jehovah

Caleb and Sophia piqued their curiosity about Bethel and they wanted to go see it for themselves.  They found happy people there who were concerned about others.
It was very clean and had all kinds of fascinating machines, including a robot.  They made friends with the other kids who were also visiting Bethel.  They learned many things about Jehovah's Organization and saw proof that Jehovah is a loving, kind God.  They seemed very grateful to Jehovah for giving us Bethel.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Sneak previews:  "Remain Loyal to Jehovah" Conventions
Two new video dramas:
#1  Job (a modern-day Job)  (Romans 8:25) But if we hope for what we do not see, we keep eagerly waiting for it with endurance."

#2 King Hezekiah  "Oh, Jehovah, I Trust In You"

Enjoyable association and a rich spritual feast coming soon to a convention center near you!!!

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

New original song and music video:  "Keep the Pace"  

The video for this new song is AMAZING!!!

We were reminded of Hebrews 6:10 For God is not unrighteous so as to forget your work and the love you showed for his name by ministering and continuing to minister to the holy ones, and that the JW Broadcast original songs are now available in the Audio Files for downloading.  Don't have to keep downloading them.  This saves streaming costs to the organization.  

Humph...I didn't even realize that the organization was charged money for everything we download.  We have to pay to download and JW.org has to pay, too?  Doesn't seem quite fair.  But then, this is still the Old System.:uhhuh:

________________________________________________________________________________________________

This month's 'Greetings' from our worldwide brotherhood came from Poland.
120,000 members of our family are currently residing there and they get to preach to the 38,000,000 others who are living there.

My heart is overflowing with gratitude to Jehovah5702a9c760a52_LOVEWarmthandfeeling.gif.d for supplying us with such a delectable spiritual feast,  

and with gratitude for our brothers and sisters, and all the hard work they did to prepare this fine meal for us. 
Who is like our God, Jehovah? 
^_^

Happy Boogieing Gopher.gif

Happy excited Cool shades.GIF

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

2 hours ago, Sheep said:

I especially appreciated the video about Jose Luisiella (spelling?) starting at the 28:58 mark. None of us here could possibly imagine what it must be like to be born deaf, and then to become blind on top of that by the age of 29! There is always someone worse off than we are. Among many other videos that Jehovah's organization has been producing recently, this one too brought tears to my eyes. I see by watching the video I'm not the only one affected by this brother in the same way. :cry:

I was sobbing too!  He was a fantastic example and I was also moved by how all the brothers & sisters supported him. :hugs:

i also now need to check out all those videos for the deaf - they were fantastic! :D

3 hours ago, juliansan said:

Maybe in movie theatres world wide too? :D 

They do sound and look like movie trailers.  The same for the DVD previews they showed at the 2014 and 2015 conventions.

I waiting for the sequel.

And did we get a preview of the 2017 yeartext "Hope in Jehovah, and Follow His Way" - Psalm 37:34

13 hours ago, jayrtom said:

I didn't see the video yet but if indeed there are informations about the dramas and videos on conventions,  the bad guys flood youtube and forums with informations about the conventions anyway,  so I'm not surprised by the FDS passing info in advance. It was the same with the availability of the releases (no need to go search for them in apostate sites) 

Good point.

I think the Broadcast channel will be the one stop shop for everything we need as far as digital content is concerned. We would have positively no reason to peruse apostate garbage unless we simply want to read it out of our own desire.

And this was a POWERFUL program. You talk about faith-strengthening...this was top 3, especially the interviews with the former evolutionists.

They really showed how life itself is evidence AGAINST evolution.

Did he say the interviews were a NEW video series?

EDIT: Nevermind..

http://tv.jw.org/#en/video/VODIntExp/pub-jwbiv_201604_4_VIDEO

Edited by Tortuga
CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

My oh my! I didn't expect to be crying my eyes out for this April's broadcast. Such BEAUTIFUL words of encouragement from Frere Malenfant!  The faith-strengthening experience from Mexico reminded me of the previous circumstances from our brother in Massachusetts from the video "Living By Touch".

And thank you Jehovah for your comforting words in Jeremiah 29:11.

(NB:  Someone must have heard about my trials and telephoned the U.S. Branch last year on my behalf to request a  2016 RC drama video based on the account of Job cause this is exactly what I need to see.) :bible2:Screenshot_2016-04-04-23-25-07.thumb.png

2 hours ago, Jonathan77 said:

Enjoyed the part on the sign-language.  Amazing work.

However, I have it on good authority that all the sign-language congregations and groups, as well as the sign-languages videos and dvds will be done away with.

Wow that's a big change. Did your authority give a reason for that? Is it only going to be sign-language?