JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Kenneth Flodin: "A Hiding Place From the Wind" (Isa. 32:2)

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 3060 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I thought it was so cool to include the Sisters in the encouragement to reach out, not for the position but as a servant of Jehovah. There it so much the Sisters do to help others.  

Edited by Pallen

Personal Greetings from Paul and Kathy Forgive me if I got long winded, there is just so much to share.

9 minutes ago, Pallen said:

I thought it was so cool to include the Sisters in the encouragement to reach out, not for the position but as a servant of Jehovah. There it so much the Sisters do to help others.  

That was a wonderfully encouraging talk!Clapping.gif.b2f591c4e95cf0529133801d7df

We can either be a  'hiding place' or we can be 'the wind'.

We can ALL strive to become 'hiding places'.56de03cac522f_YesSmiling.gif.8d42dcb106c

Macaw.gif.7e20ee7c5468da0c38cc5ef24b9d0f6d.gifRoss

Nobody has to DRIVE me crazy.5a5e0e53285e2_Nogrinning.gif.d89ec5b2e7a22c9f5ca954867b135e7b.gif  I'm close enough to WALK. 5a5e0e77dc7a9_YESGrinning.gif.e5056e95328247b6b6b3ba90ddccae77.gif

29 minutes ago, Friends just call me Ross said:

That was a wonderfully encouraging talk!Clapping.gif.b2f591c4e95cf0529133801d7df

We can either be a  'hiding place' or we can be 'the wind'.

We can ALL strive to become 'hiding places'.56de03cac522f_YesSmiling.gif.8d42dcb106c

This is exactly what I was thinking, about all of us being "hiding places". All the qualifications for an office of overseer can apply to sisters as well, just without the appointment.

Many, and I mean MANY sisters can out teach the brothers. That's just how good they are. I love my sisters.

On 3/7/2016 at 6:14 PM, Bob said:

This is exactly what I was thinking, about all of us being "hiding places". All the qualifications for an office of overseer can apply to sisters as well, just without the appointment.

Many, and I mean MANY sisters can out teach the brothers. That's just how good they are. I love my sisters.

This reminds me that when I was a little girl my mother would take her younger children, unaccompanied, to the weekly congregation bookstudy which was then conducted by a faithful sister named Mary Thigpen, now deceased.  (She was temporarily "appointed" because there were not enough brothers at that time.)  She conducted the congregation book study just as well as the small group of brothers in our congregation.  We also had a sister who read the paragraphs.  I do recall she did a fine job also.

In the late 1980's, (in my former congregation) the "women telling the good news" was quite common during mid-week ministry since all the brothers had full time jobs and thus could not take the lead. The pioneer sister(s) would conduct/consider that day's text and solicit comments, organize the group and close in prayer.  (Of course while wearing a head covering.)  But, this scenario has been played out among Jehovah's servants for many years and I venture to say, it's still continuing in some parts of the world today.

On 3/7/2016 at 5:31 PM, Pallen said:

When I first watched the video, I thought he was going to reveal some "new light," such as sisters reaching out for positions of responsibility in the congregations. But then, after settling down, I realized that's not what he was encouraging them to do. I mean, after all, what would that look like? Elderettes and Ministerial Serviettes? :no:

:oops:

I am glad that the princes in the New World will be appointed by Jesus there in the New World. I know many very capable brothers today who are not elders or do not exercise a prominent position in the organization, only because of their circumstances, but they are "true trees of righteousness", sources exceptional encouragement and affection. I think these brothers might well be seen by Jesus in the New World.

1 hour ago, Tbs77 said:

Those "titles" and "positions" don't already exist? emoji6.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I have heard they do in some congregations...:nope:

CAUTION: The comments above may contain personal opinion, speculation, inaccurate information, sarcasm, wit, satire or humor, let the reader use discernment...:D

I think the first phase "limited resurrection" will occur very soon after Armageddon if some  of the faithful ones from the past will be appointed as Princess. 

They will be brought up to speed and join us in restoration of the earth and preparing for greater phase of resurrection. 

I think there was a watchtower  touching on this ( marriage of the bride) 

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

Does this point to early resurrection ? just faithful forefathers ?

“YOUR SONS WILL TAKE THE PLACE OF YOUR FOREFATHERS”
17 Read Psalm 45:16. “The virgin companions” of Christ’s heavenly bride will have further cause for rejoicing when they see the marriage become fruitful in the new world. The Bridegroom-King will turn his attention to the earth and will resurrect his earthly “forefathers,” who will become his earthly “sons.” (John 5:25-29; Heb. 11:35) From among these he will appoint “princes in all the earth.” Doubtless, Christ will appoint others from among faithful elders of today to take the lead in the new world.—Isa. 32:1.

Man was created as an intelligent creature with the desire to explore and understand :)

2 hours ago, Tbs77 said:

I'm just appreciating my place in the congregation; serving the Living God with Joy and Zeal!

Years ago, a famous British actor had a small role in a summer play.  When asked about it, he explained that all parts of a play are important (unless ego gets in the way).  He said, "There are no small parts, only small actors."

All parts of God's organization are important to the outworking of His purpose.  We see change when health, age, death, organizational refinement or other circumstances require an adjustment in position.  Whether male or female, Jehovah values us all.  His son will utilize all of our talents for the best results toward the Kingdom success.  I cannot wait to see what the New World brings.