JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Mexico wants to ban by law the evangelization "door to door"

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2905 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

I read this this week: (sorry for the translation)

MEXICO. - Mexico's Senate vote on a new law that will take care of the household privacy and religious freedom in the country. The aim would be to "prevent and eliminate the difficulties that many people are subject in their homes because of religious fanatics".
The new law, called the Domestic Protection Act establishes penalties of "fine or imprisonment for persons carrying domiciliar harassment by religious propaganda.

The Domestic Protection Act, will be voted on 25 May this year. And it provides for penalties of up to six weeks in prison people who, once apperceived user's home who do not wish to receive them, insist on a recurring basis.

The aim would be to "prevent and eliminate the difficulties that many people are subject in their homes because of religious fanatics".
The new law  establishes penalties of "fine or imprisonment for persons carrying domiciliar harassment by religious propaganda.

"Justification is the result of a national survey that showed that it is a" serious problem "in some cities.
For the majority of people, this practice hitting 'door to door' with a message of religious causes discomfort of various kinds. Complaints include the methods used by the evangelizers, as several times in the same direction, as people wake Sundays morning and insistence is annoying when someone says they do not want to hear your message.
If approved, the law provides for sanctions "to force a person to read the Bible and offend other forms of worship."
According to Mexican senators, this is a law not only protect the homes of such abuses, but is a "method of social control". The vast majority of Mexican Catholics complain about all of the actions of the evangelical groups, and Jehovah's Witnesses

SOURCE:http://www.delazonaoriental.net/2016/05/06/mexico-quiere-prohibir-con-una-ley-evangelizacion-puerta-a-puerta/ (SPANISH)

I read this this week: (sorry for the translation)

MEXICO. - Mexico's Senate vote on a new law that will take care of the household privacy and religious freedom in the country. The aim would be to "prevent and eliminate the difficulties that many people are subject in their homes because of religious fanatics".

The new law, called the Domestic Protection Act establishes penalties of "fine or imprisonment for persons carrying domiciliar harassment by religious propaganda.

The Domestic Protection Act, will be voted on 25 May this year. And it provides for penalties of up to six weeks in prison people who, once apperceived user's home who do not wish to receive them, insist on a recurring basis.

The aim would be to "prevent and eliminate the difficulties that many people are subject in their homes because of religious fanatics".

The new law  establishes penalties of "fine or imprisonment for persons carrying domiciliar harassment by religious propaganda.

"Justification is the result of a national survey that showed that it is a" serious problem "in some cities.

For the majority of people, this practice hitting 'door to door' with a message of religious causes discomfort of various kinds. Complaints include the methods used by the evangelizers, as several times in the same direction, as people wake Sundays morning and insistence is annoying when someone says they do not want to hear your message.

If approved, the law provides for sanctions "to force a person to read the Bible and offend other forms of worship."

According to Mexican senators, this is a law not only protect the homes of such abuses, but is a "method of social control". The vast majority of Mexican Catholics complain about all of the actions of the evangelical groups, and Jehovah's Witnesses

SOURCE:http://www.delazonaoriental.net/2016/05/06/mexico-quiere-prohibir-con-una-ley-evangelizacion-puerta-a-puerta/ (SPANISH)

Let's see what happens! Prayers for the brothers and sisters!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Well, maybe they are starting something..... hmm ........ We know Jehovah will be looking after things there and supporting our brothers and sisters regardless of what human governments try to do.  After all, if the householder doesn't want us to call, it is their prerogative and we won't be calling in the future.  That is then between Jehovah and them.

This subject came up some months ago:

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/25994-mexico-to-vote-on-restricting-door-to-door-preaching-is-this-a-hoax/#comment-380116

Since that section is not accessable by visitors, I will quote here what I wrote there:

On 29/3/2016 at 0:17 PM, carlos said:

I have the impression it's a hoax. If this were true there should be some websites mentioning it, but googling "ley para la protección doméstica" only shows that site and a couple others that only link to it.

Besides, the style of the article seems more than of an amateur than a professional journalist.

On the other hand, even if this proposed bill were true, it doesn't forbid going from door to door. It only penalizes being too insistent, not leaving after the householder asks you to, or visiting again those who have clearly stated they do not want to be visited anymore.

47 minutes ago, carlos said:

This subject came up some months ago:

http://jwtalk.net/forums/topic/25994-mexico-to-vote-on-restricting-door-to-door-preaching-is-this-a-hoax/#comment-380116

Since that section is not accessable by visitors, I will quote here what I wrote there:

I also have a feeling that it's a hoax. I tried searching the Mexican Senate website for this proposed law and I couldn't find anything. Also, the article states that they will be voting on this on May 25th, but their calendar doesn't show they will be in session that day. Hmmm...

In the U.S. representatives will often write a bill and loudly promote it even though it has absolutely no support or chance of passing.  He will do this either to appease a group in his electorate ("sorry guys, i did my best") or write something so outrageous that it gets him publicity for an upcoming campaign ("ban all muslims from entering the country").

I wonder if this is not something similar that is unlikely to ever go anywhere.

Though we never know.

This is a good reminder to keep personal records in order, so that the brothers who oversee the territory record cards can list the DO NOT CALL requests on each territory card. It also reminds us to check the backs of our territory cards to be sure we do not call at homes where the people have requested us to not call.  As Greg pointed out, they will still see the  Witness Carts, so there is no way they can say they were not warned when the tribulation starts. Anyway, who  can hope to win an argument with Jehovah!

Haven't heard anything about the Mexico story.  However, I did notice something odd on the local station last night here in Michigan.  It was our city mayor and he was giving a Public Service Announcement that basically stated "....if anyone knocks on your door when you are not expecting someone, feel free to contact the police immediately..." 

Never thought it would show up, but it has so I let the Elders know.   And even though "that" is being announced in our small city - we still go out in field service.  Guess it just proves Jehovah's Day marches ever closer.

http://boomerandecho.com/please-ban-door-to-door-sales

Can't get the article to quote but it mentions hanging "no soliciting signs" on one's dwelling. Our (former) CO says that this means "us" and the person does not want an explanation as to why our unexpected visit is not really soliciting. Just a thought from YS

Hmmmmm...time to make more Spanish pocket letters! :coffee: First, I will have ti find some Spanish tracts!

Screenshot_2014-10-03-18-52-46~02~01.png

Edited by SUNRAY

new content

Jehovah is "walking upon the wings of the wind" PS. 104:3b

cat2_e0.gif

On 5/11/2016 at 4:19 PM, dubois said:

However, I did notice something odd on the local station last night here in Michigan.  It was our city mayor and he was giving a Public Service Announcement that basically stated "....if anyone knocks on your door when you are not expecting someone, feel free to contact the police immediately..." 

Never thought it would show up, but it has so I let the Elders know.   And even though "that" is being announced in our small city - we still go out in field service.  Guess it just proves Jehovah's Day marches ever closer.

When that time comes, I'm certain the local BOE will remind the authorities in Michigan about the "City of Stratton vs. Jehovah's Witnesses" Supreme Court decision.

Praise Jah you people! 

Edited by Omo_Yeme

On ‎5‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 4:19 PM, dubois said:

Haven't heard anything about the Mexico story.  However, I did notice something odd on the local station last night here in Michigan.  It was our city mayor and he was giving a Public Service Announcement that basically stated "....if anyone knocks on your door when you are not expecting someone, feel free to contact the police immediately..." 

Sometimes I wonder if these people think before they speak. He's willing to waste resources by needlessly pulling cops off the street just so they can't do anything about the person knocking...