JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Egyptair flight headed to Cairo from Paris disappears from radar - The Washington Post

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2866 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

You hardly ever heard of commercial flights just disappearing until this century, now it happens a couple times a year it seems, I can'tell think of anything more distressing for the family members of these ones then just not knowing anything! I would consider that mental and emotional torture. At least if it is officially confirmed as crashed, these family members can get some closure.

Edited by shali

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

Just watching the news report right now in the UK & they're strongly suggesting this was a terrorist attack! Rather than mechanical failure....so sad it's happens so often now. Let's hope the families get some answers soon. 

WHat I'd like to know, but they're not talking about on TV, is how high is the likelihood this plane didn't crash out of the sky at all but was kidnapped in a well orchestrated effort involving some of the flight crew.

Lybia and ISIS are just a few 100 km away from where it disappeared and an airplane would be a powerful weapon for their wicked plans.

WHat I'd like to know, but they're not talking about on TV, is how high is the likelihood this plane didn't crash out of the sky at all but was kidnapped in a well orchestrated effort involving some of the flight crew.

Lybia and ISIS are just a few 100 km away from where it disappeared and an airplane would be a powerful weapon for their wicked plans.

A complete crew of a passing by ship saw, what appeared to be a firing ball falling from the sky... At least it's what is on our news in Portugal

Enviado do meu LG-D855 através de Tapatalk

Per the news I heard yesterday...(5-19-16-Friday)....there were three sky marshals on that flight...if 

anything had transpired in the cabin of the plane, these law enforcement or counter terrorist agents

would have been available to intercede.  Apparently, the destruction of the aircraft was so swift and

unexpected, this makes me believe that a bomb blew up the plane!?

Edited by nanceebgd46

mistake

2 hours ago, nanceebgd46 said:

Per the news I heard yesterday...(5-19-16-Friday)....there were three sky marshals on that flight...if 

anything had transpired in the cabin of the plane, these law enforcement or counter terrorist agents

would have been available to intercede.  Apparently, the destruction of the aircraft was so swift and

unexpected, this makes me believe that a bomb blew up the plane!?

Sorry.....Per the news I heard yesterday...(5-19-16-Thursday)...:D

Anybody hear anything about the plane making one rash turn to the left and back to the right just before it disappeared?

Forget it I found something

After entering Egyptian airspace at 2:37 a.m., the plane made a 90-degree turn to the left and then a 360-degree turn to the right, plunging to 15,000 feet from 37,000 feet and disappearing from radar, the Greek defense minister, Panos Kammenos, said at a news conference Thursday afternoon.

Aviation safety experts said that such sudden movements were highly unusual at any phase of flight and suggested some kind of in-flight emergency.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/05/19/world/europe/egyptair-flight-crash-paris-cairo.html?_r=0

Rumours are going around the internet this may have been Israel accidentally shooting down the plane during a test of their "iron dome of the sea" excercises.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/212471#.Vz6V43r7t0w

Quite possibly true (after all, this kind of thing does happen), if it is, we'll never hear about it in this system of things.

Edited by ChocoBro

I think if it was a terrorist group, they would of taken credit for it by now.  The fact that the plane made a rash turn and started flying lower than normal makes me wonder if they were indeed trying to out maneuver missles.  If it was a bomb that was onboard that blew the plane up - it would of had to of been loaded on in Paris I would think - wonder if they are questioning anyone at that airport.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

The Airbus 320 is a fly by wire aircraft. There is no mechanical connection between the pilot’s controls and the control surfaces on the wings and empennage. Redundancy is built in so no single event can cause loss of control. I have often wondered if a small electrical fire adjacent to the computers controlling this system could overcome the redundancy and over control portions of the system. A scenario something like this, a hard down left aileron forces a gut wrenching left turn; system tries to regain control, maybe added by pilots input and locks a hard right down aileron throwing the plane into a right banking turn. The first part of this maneuver would disconnect the auto pilot as the auto pilot does not control the outer ailerons. Any sever maneuver at flight lever 37, 37,000 ft is likely to be catastrophic. The plane now is in a steep right turn slightly nose down and accelerating. Structure limitations are exceeded and flight 804 begins a long plunge to the sea. This is just one possibility, another would be a small explosive devise causing similar event.

AA flight 587, Nov. 12, 2001, an Airbus A300-600 with similar fly by wire system shook its rudder off when the co-pilot over controlled the rudder causing the loss of 260 lives. Very early while learning to fly, you are taught that it is safe to apply full control input, in this case stomping on the rudder pedals will not damage the aircraft, a fact that Airbus overlooked. They now limit rudder input.

Airbus aircraft are very well built and constructed. I have flown on many and I do not worry that the wings or tail are going to fall off. Like wise I don’t worry about computer failure, the odds are heavily in my favor, but the possibility exists.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

Been confirmed on Sky News just now that they've found a body part & luggage floating in the sea! Well ig deffinately went into the sea! Now to try & find the black box which may give clues as to what happened...very sad. 

I originally read this in The Times but this is the only link I found that doesn't require a subscription to read it:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/7163993/Islamist-extremists-recruiting-staff-at-airports-in-France-amid-fears-chilling-ISIS-video-released-last-week-alluded-to-EgyptAir-attack.html

Even though it's still not clear if it was a terrorist attack or something else what destroyed that plane, employes with airside security clearance  to the Paris De Gaulle airport are being investigated to see if some of them could have put a bomb on that plane. It emerged immediately that 57 of the workers are radical Islamists who are in the watchlist of the intelligence service.

Are we going crazy or what? While passengers are subject to all kinds of uncomfortable and even humiliating security checks, it seems there is very little control of the guys who handle your bags and put them inside the plane. And then you hear politicians filling their big mouths with big statements about safety.

Definitely we need the Kingdom!

Edited by carlos

2 hours ago, shali said:

57 are RADICAL Islamists at that airport?!!!! That's crazy scary.

And incorrect. ...

A quotation from the article ---

From The Sun--

"Incredibly a review of staff members found that 57 workers with access to Charles de Gaulle’s runway were on a watchlist of potential extremists."

Back to me--

On a watchlist...not confirmed radicalized individuals. ..

1 hour ago, tekmantwo said:

And incorrect. ...

A quotation from the article ---

From The Sun--

"Incredibly a review of staff members found that 57 workers with access to Charles de Gaulle’s runway were on a watchlist of potential extremists."

Back to me--

On a watchlist...not confirmed radicalized individuals. ..

People don't get put on the watchlist unless there is a potential for suspicion. So still pretty crazy.

Edited by Mykyl

8 minutes ago, Mykyl said:

People don't get put on the watchlist unless there is a potential for suspicion. So still crazy.

'Potential' can be as simple as your name, where you were born, or where you got your education. Potential is basically limitless and useless as skin color for identifying radical individuals.

I am not sying I am Superman, I am only saying that nobody has ever seen Superman  and me in a room together.

2 minutes ago, Old said:

'Potential' can be as simple as your name, where you were born, or where you got your education. Potential is basically limitless and useless as skin color for identifying radical individuals.

Ah well whatever. Not talking about whether it was justified or not. Just pointing out what was said. Sigh.

Edited by Mykyl

2 hours ago, Mykyl said:

People don't get put on the watchlist unless there is a potential for suspicion. So still pretty crazy.

I am on the federal watchlist and no-fly list, because my grandfather who shares my name (and died in the 1990s) was a suspect for a terrorist-motivated murder in the late 60s.

23 minutes ago, Stavro said:

I am on the federal watchlist and no-fly list, because my grandfather who shares my name (and died in the 1990s) was a suspect for a terrorist-motivated murder in the late 60s.

Uhuh. ??? Lets see if it edits here on my desktop. Again I'm not talking about fairness or accuracy. Who painted a target on my back and set me on a watch list for picking on every word??? :confused::unsure::crying::peace::help::P

Woohoo it works on desktop.

Edited by Mykyl

2 hours ago, Mykyl said:

Ah well whatever. Not talking about whether it was justified or not. Just pointing out what was said. Sigh.

And really, that is all I did;quoted the source article.

No problems...we're all family here and have affection for each other,  if we misunderstood something because of the way it is worded we try very hard to not offend each other but to speak truth and help each other understand. 

I  was trying to show that the article did not say there were 57 radicalized people found working at the airport.  It said they were on a watchlist.  There is quite a bit of difference between the two. 

I  just wanted to keep the story straight. 

Love you guyz...all of you:grouphug: