JWTalk - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Verity Baptist Church

We lock topics that are over 365 days old, and the last reply made in this topic was 2865 days ago. If you want to discuss this subject, we prefer that you start a new topic.

Funny, I was reading that the Verity Baptist Church (whose leader was upset that the gunman in Orlando "didn't finish the job" and kill everyone in the club") have been asked to leave the property by the property management company (they have the lease there till March 2017 but the company asked them to leave before then and waived the fees for breaking the lease).  Somehow that led me to a yelp page on that church.  I didn't bother reading any reviews because I knew what they were gonna say anyways but what I thought was interesting is there is a big "ad" right at the top of their Yelp page that says "Church Tax Exemption Laws cost the USA 71,000,000,000 - End the free Ride". 

I have no idea who the organization is behind this campaign.  Anyone have any idea?  I assume it's probably an atheist group.  Just curious.

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

The thing is, no one except this apparently independent church would ever consider agreeing with them.  Muslims may be very violent against some in the Middle East, but the law there is different.  We let Jehovah judge, and he will do so with righteous judgment, much better than any human with a weapon.

Concerning the billions of dollars  that the churches accumulate, or have exemption from taxes, I just watched the hard work that the brothers do and spend all over the world to support the ministry and literacy and education and to encourage positive behavior.

I don't think that there is a scripture that says that congregation activities are exempt from taxes, but it seems that at least with Jehovah's witnesses, we give back more that we receive as a result of such exemptions.

Jehovah's people will fair much better than any other religion when the GT starts. Our elders are not paid and their homes are not owned by a church, so it will not affect them like it will the world's religious leaders who will all of a sudden find themselves without a place to live, a car to drive, an income - basicaly no pot to pee in. Because we know what will happen and that Jehovah will intervene before they can wipe out true religion, that gives us quite a leg up when the GT goes down!

Don't live for the moment - live for the future! :D

About JWTalk.net - Jehovah's Witnesses Online Community

Since 2006, JWTalk has proved to be a well-moderated online community for real Jehovah's Witnesses on the web. However, our community is not an official website of Jehovah's Witnesses. It is not endorsed, sponsored, or maintained by any legal entity used by Jehovah's Witnesses. We are a pro-JW community maintained by brothers and sisters around the world. We expect all community members to be active publishers in their congregations, therefore, please do not apply for membership if you are not currently one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

JWTalk 23.8.11 (changelog)